For somebody who has not been to Cali yet, first city to visit?

not trying to thread jack but im going to SF in may, staying at fisherman's warf. any recomendations on what to hit up?
u should stay in the union square area instead, closer to more things along with public transit. post what things ur interested in doing

@OP you cant go wrong with SF or LA. i'd recommend both. 

just go to the beach...your from the east coast like me....its wild for it to be 75 in january

I would check out SF then Oakland in Norcal then head south to LA then to SD... enjoy the top quality herb and try the different varieties of authentic mexican and asian foods 
pimp.gif

Last edited:
u should stay in the union square area instead, closer to more things along with public transit. post what things ur interested in doing

so far were doing the peirs, golden gate, and the painted ladies. im more interested in the stuff im not going to see on a travel site like local food spots and stuff.

my first and only time i went to LA and stayed downtown 
pimp.gif
 One of the funnest times ive had outta town

speaking of Downey...

Met up with some friends after work at Acapulco in Downey last week for the BCS championship game.

Had no idea it got poppin in there on Monday nights :pimp: :lol:

San Diego

I lived in Chula Vista for about 3 years. Ridiculously beautiful city.

SF all the way. I'm from nyc but I feel SF could have been a super-borough if it was on the east coast.

Good eats, strip clubs, sites. All around nice place. I want to go back this year.

so far were doing the peirs, golden gate, and the painted ladies. im more interested in the stuff im not going to see on a travel site like local food spots and stuff.

go into the regional norcal thread, lots of info in there

where downtown???

how did you get around? rental?
we stayed in the omni i think, i was like 16 at the time. We had a rental nut me n my cousin couldnt drive so we stayed on the subway.

SF!!! You need at least a few days here for your standard tourist attractions:

1) Pier 39 - Fisherman's Wharf - Ferry Building
2) Alcatraz Island
3) Golden Gate Park (de Young, Academy of Science, Stow Lake, Japanese Tea Garden)
4) Haight & Ash
5) Mission District
5) Union Square
6) SoMA area
7) Chinatown/Little Italy
8) Twin Peak's
9) Broadway - Bars + Strip Clubs

After that, I'd spend 3 more days elsewhere in the Bay:

1) Napa
2) Santa Cruz
3) East Bay (Berkeley/Oakland/Alameda)

SF all the way. I'm from nyc but I feel SF could have been a super-borough if it was on the east coast.

Good eats, strip clubs, sites. All around nice place. I want to go back this year.

good stuff

If you want to see things you won't see anywhere else go to San Francisco. Ex. Alcatraz, Golden Gate Bridge, bay bridge, Castro lol, you get my point. The beach is always cold don't get it twisted word to Zion-i. If your means of transportation is limited you can't go wrong with SF. you can get around without breaking the bank. LA on the other hand. If you don't have a car you're ****ed

If you just want to be in a giant city go to LA. I honestly don't know what you can do in LA unless you have a gameplan like Disneyland or six flags or just shopping.

If you want to just go somewhere without anything planned go to SF.

Last edited:

2) Alcatraz Island
3) Golden Gate Park (de Young, Academy of Science, Stow Lake, Japanese Tea Garden)
4) Haight & Ash
5) Mission District
5) Union Square
6) SoMA area
8) Twin Peak's

1) Napa
2) Santa Cruz

listen to this man

2) Alcatraz Island
4) Haight & Ash
5) Mission District
5) Union Square
6) SoMA area
8) Twin Peak's

1) Napa
2) Santa Cruz

really appreciate all the advice

not trying to thread jack but im going to SF in may, staying at fisherman's warf. any recomendations on what to hit up?

go to gotts roadside burgers in the ferry building. expensive but :smokin

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom