For the grown / adult NT'ers...actually for all NT'ers

So...in true old man fashion, I've decided to start a personal finance blog.  It pretty much will be focused on all things finance, with an emphasis on getting out of debt and becoming financially independent.  This may include common sense strategy, financial book reviews, news, financial software reviews, iphone/droid app reviews, etc.
Check it out....flame it...give me feedback on how to improve....whatever.  I know there are some finance professionals in here who could probably provide great help.

Site is:

Debt to Liberty

Thanks NT.

jeremy_lin_0216.jpg

Spoiler [+]
just trolling...will check out

why should i deem your blog as a credible source of finance related information? - you need to do a better job of answering this question as your "about me" page leaves me as a reader hesitant to trust you as an author.

make sure that your post are grammatically sound. reading through your blog, i noticed mistakes that really hurt your blog's credibility.

good luck.

Very informative! Just checked out the first post. I have ING and didn't even know they got bought out. Hopefully most of the services, conveniences, rates that attracted me to ING in the first place remains or at least is improved upon.

Originally Posted by spacerace

why should i deem your blog as a credible source of finance related information? - you need to do a better job of answering this question as your "about me" page leaves me as a reader hesitant to trust you as an author.

make sure that your post are grammatically sound. reading through your blog, i noticed a mistakes that really hurt your blog's credibility.

good luck.
This.

Originally Posted by sillyputty

make sure that your post are grammatically sound. reading through your blog, i noticed a mistakes that really hurt your blog's credibility.

good luck.
This.
That.

Why am I visiting your blog as opposed to the numerous other financial blogs?
You need differentiation.
It's unclear what the graphs represent.
Your insights on ING were very limited.
There were more maybes, i don't knows, and flat out guess work than there was actual information.

Just trying to help.

OP if your blog takes off and does numbers you should see about getting a job at Investopedia. I do it as a side hustle right now and the pay is decent and they're looking for more writers and topics as we speak. I've only had 3 articles published so far, but they usually get republished elsewhere like Yahoo Finance, the SF Chronicle, and other online publications. 

Originally Posted by CrimsonCloudAttire

So...in true old man fashion, I've decided to start a personal finance blog.  It pretty much will be focused on all things finance, with an emphasis on getting out of debt and becoming financially independent.  This may include common sense strategy, financial book reviews, news, financial software reviews, iphone/droid app reviews, etc.
Check it out....flame it...give me feedback on how to improve....whatever.  I know there are some finance professionals in here who could probably provide great help.

Site is:

Debt to Liberty

Thanks NT.

What are some apps that help track my weekly expense or whatever?  I already use Quicken and find it very helpful.

Thanks for the feedback...those of you who checked it out.  I appreciate the skepticism and valid criticism too.  It will help me to evaluate future content better.  And I even appreciate that one cat that just went on there and posted some profanity laced vitriol.
As for questioning why you should check it vs other financial sites: I can answer that.  Check both.  I explicitly state that this is not to take the place of financial advice.  It's merely to share my experiences as a worker, and a grinder, and a saver...and if that helps or inspires 1 out of 10 visitors, I'll feel good about the effort put in.

If its not for you...Its not for you.  No hard feelings either way.

Thanks again.

Originally Posted by Grizzlyboy

Originally Posted by sillyputty

good luck.
This.
That.
And the third.

Back
Top Bottom