For The NTers that have been in wrecks

his insurance company sent an appraiser out to my house. The appraiser took pics and carap and asked me how many miles the car had on it. He told me to call the guy's insurance Tuesday. Any reasoning on why he asked about the mileage?

Originally Posted by a55a5in11

if your car is drivable and you both have insurance than you don't need to call the police

thanks *%!# the police... all they will do is give a person a ticket or *%!# him like rodney king... but ey if your car is drivable its a blessing

Originally Posted by Mr K

if your car is drivable and you both have insurance than you don't need to call the police

QUE?....LULZ..

Seriously
laugh.gif
This guy must of been the guy at fault. That's why he's saying that. You ALWAYS call the police because there needs to be police report to get the insurance process moving.

Originally Posted by Jehul

Worst advice ever.
Jehul...you went to UT correct? I'm thinking of either going there or Texas A&M for Petroleum Engineering. What industry are you in now?

Originally Posted by Jking0821

OP i got rear ended at a red light.  I was not moving.  Guy told his insurance i moved into his lane causing the accident.  It took 40 days to get through the process for his insurance to take fault.  It was my word vs his word but had i not called the cops then the cop couldn't have given the statement that on the scene the other driver admitted to rear ending me.  ALWAYS CALL THE COPS.  people are scum bags and will lie to get out of it

My car had $6,500 worth of damage and i didn't pay a penny and my insurance didn't go up.  I had no collision on my car at the time so if it wasn't his fault then i would have had to pay that out of pocket (i have since added collision) but it was the worst process I have ever been through.  40 days of "investigating"  my car wasn't legally drivable the tail light was on the ground my trunk was jacked into my back windshield the wheel well was collapsed.  GOOD LUCK

I pray my situation goes as smoothly as yours. The same thing happened to me 5 days ago. 
grin.gif

Originally Posted by 1994SS

Originally Posted by Mr K

QUE?....LULZ..

Seriously
laugh.gif
This guy must of been the guy at fault. That's why he's saying that. You ALWAYS call the police because there needs to be police report to get the insurance process moving.
indifferent.gif
are you guys not capable of taking care of your selves? its not hard at all. all a cop does it write out a ticket to whoever he thinks is at fault by listening to your guys story's. No there doesn't need to be a police report the insurance has to investigate no matter what 
indifferent.gif

seriously whats so god damn hard about taking photos at the scene, getting the drivers information, information of people involved in the accident, and a witness information?
and i was rear ended on superbowl sunday this year. didn't call the cops, lady's insurance covered my damage cased closed

Question, I just got in an accident. Come to find out, the person that hit me was driving with expired insurance. The insurance info that he gave me expired in July 2010. What the hell do I do?

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

Originally Posted by Jehul

Worst advice ever.
Jehul...you went to UT correct? I'm thinking of either going there or Texas A&M for Petroleum Engineering. What industry are you in now?
Yessir. I was a Finance Major so I don't have first-hand experience in regards to the PE programs from both schools (hit up s/n Bruza, he was an engineering major) . 
From what I hear though, both are solid programs (along with Geology) if you are looking to have a career in the energy industry. I'd pick Austin over College Station but then again I'm biased. 

After exchanging info with the other driver my insurance took care of everything..
All I did was explain the accident to them over the phone and that was it :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom