For those not really about sneakers, what is your expensive hobby?

word, i do all my research and take what the dudes at petco say with a grain of salt. if you go to a smaller mom pop type shop they are much moreknowledgeable.

marley, it is actually encouraged that you feed your snake pre killed mice. they can hurt your snake otherwise. so that's not really a problem.

Originally Posted by MarleysProtege

im looking for the tamest snake imaginable ... im talkin no biting but still looks cool as hell ... any help? and no im not a female, i just dont want that joint bite me ... o and it has to eat something other than mice ... i just cant sentence any of gods creatures to death lol

Ball pyhons or corn snakes are about as tame as they get. Of course, tameness comes from regular and proper handling. If you want to feed it something otherthan mice, you are SOL. Snakes eat rodents, pigs and the occasional bird. Yes, there are some processed "sausages" you can get but whatever theresno guarantee.

With many species of snake you can get them to eat prekilled, frozen mice (thawed of course). I never fed live mice to any of my animals. They all tookprekilled right off the bat.

Originally Posted by Nawth21

I just say no to heat rocks, the temp controls are not fail safe - I had a rheostat go bad on me. Theres no reason for them these days with radiant heat panels or under tank heater options.

And please, do not take "the dude at petcos" advice as 100% correct. Most of the time they do not know jack about the animals they sell, complete irresponsibility on their part. They are just trying to sell the products they carry. Don't get me wrong there are plenty of herp lovers that work at big box stores but they are far and few between. If you want to keep exotics as pet, part of pet ownership is to do as much research as possible prior to getting any animal

And no, it will not just get off it gets too warm. Yes, they do thermoregulate so they move from warm to cool areas of the tank and back again. The problem with heat rocks is that the damage (ie burns) is done before the animal is aware that it's body temperature is too warm.

tired.gif
word up i hear that. all im sayin is ive had a heat rock for a couple years now and my snake has never been burned. hell coil up on there for awhile and then just go into the cave when hes ready.

I know, just letting you know that it could overheat at any time and possibly do damage. It sucks, but it happens. I'd look into a quality undertank heateror in tank heat mat. Radiant heat panels are awesome but are on the spendy side.

Originally Posted by RaNdZ4937

im really into kicks, but if i wasnt, id say photography. lens can murder a guy
word. i keep wanting to get serious with photography, but lenses are expensive.

Originally Posted by Nawth21

Oh and salt water reef tanks. We both partake in this. We only have the one tank right now, but when we move I might inherit the 30 gal biocube and I'll turn it into a goby reef rank. I love gobies
i had a 100gallon reef with a 50 gallon sump with about 1k in halides. the cops used to knock down my door the two months i had the tank thinkingi was growing. it crashed over the summer, but im going to set up a 20long with a 20g sump underneath.

these reefs get more expensive than sneakers

Originally Posted by Seattle206

Clothing, Food, Fishing gear, Guns & Ammo.

That's where 80% of my spending goes to.

I'll be getting all my cat-fishing shopping done SOON....
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DontStepOnMyShoes

weed

i gotta stop man
I buy like an eighth for $55 every two weeks after I get paid, then single grams until I get paid again. Kind of expensive, but I'm stillliving well and enjoying myself.

Back
Top Bottom