For Those Of You With Face Tats, How Successful Are You In The Job Market?

Originally Posted by AdobeCS4

You try too hard.

that is true

everyone i know with face tats are doin what they wanna do on the block
not worried about a job, let alone corporate amercia

all depends on what type of work you are into. I dont have a face tattoo but I do have one on my neck (takes about 1/3 of my neck), both hands, Both forearms (inside & out) and depending on the year I make anywhere between high 5 figures to just breaking 6

I wouldnt hire someone with face tats, not because I dont like them but because im not sure how our clients and management would feel about them. I always thought anyone with excessive tats and piercings/gauges preferred not to work in the corporate world.

Tattoos are becoming less and less taboo..but face, neck, hand tattoos are still a LONG ways from becoming "socially acceptable". I believe its still frowned upon, even a little by people who arent into that kind of culture and lifestyle. Im pretty tatted up, but I dont think I would ever get my face or hands tatted up. Maybe neck if I was established with a job already, but even thats a stretch.

Only person I know with a face tat owns & works at a barber shop drives a S class & has a 5 bedroom house.

Originally Posted by bboi4lif3

Only person I know with a face tat owns & works at a barber shop drives a S class & has a 5 bedroom house.

laugh.gif

real life...

barbers make alot of money.
16-25 bucks a cut... (tips no tips etc)
in 8 hours of cutting hair they prolly make like 300
work 5 days a week 1500, he owns the shop? this dude is making money.

makes me wanna learn to cut hair
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by breezylocks

real life...

laugh.gif

Yea he's ballin and he has other business ventures he's working on

Great post OP, you're following your sheep rules well.

Wouldn't want to mess up your chance to get a raise one of these days! That's the dream ain't it? Working for some greedy bastard who doesn't give an F about you and your life's work/goals.

Now, in all seriousness, we have one life to live here on this messed up "rock" we call earth. Go out and do what you want as long as it's not harming others. No one in their right mind lives a life under the rule of corporate America. That's for the weak and scared. I don't personally have a face tattoo, but I own a small business and work hard to try and establish myself independently. I never make any decisions depending on how it would affect my success in the corporate world and I suggest that you don't either.

I'm not into face tattoos, but who am I to tell the next man what to do?

At the end of the day, I don't think 89% of face tatted people will be doing that great 20-30 years from now, and it's not even because of the tattoos but the life they're living that leads to the tattoos.

By "life they're living" I don't just mean the block, but just having the mindstate in which whatever random *@** you think is cool now you know for a fact you will always think is important.

ricky409 wrote:
i think y'all spazz on DC cuz its the cool thing to do.

just like saying Wale its trash, ninja hood has small crib, and skinny girls > thick girls.

this is a legitimate topic... stop letting the first reply dictate the direction of the thread, fambs... Smh

as far as folks with face tattoos, what kind of businesses y'all talking about? ?
QFT, this is something most people in here have probably thought about yet they get on DCs case for making a topic about it

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

ricky409 wrote:
i think y'all spazz on DC cuz its the cool thing to do.

just like saying Wale its trash, ninja hood has small crib, and skinny girls > thick girls.

this is a legitimate topic... stop letting the first reply dictate the direction of the thread, fambs... Smh

as far as folks with face tattoos, what kind of businesses y'all talking about? ?
QFT, this is something most people in here have probably thought about yet they get on DCs case for making a topic about it

Exactly what I was thinking. 

real life...

So electricity and rent are free? If you pay rent you also have to have a tax ID and definitely pay taxes. It's not that serious unless you have 3 or 4 barbers working in the shop paying rent with you.

The thing about face tats and the like are that they show a general disregard for public opinion. Thats not necessarily a bad thing in itself, its just that MANY of todays professions look for people who show some type of regard to public opinion and decorum. If you're in or pursuing a field that doesn't really value those traits in a person, you're good. If you're looking to be in one that does, its gonna be a rough ride.

Originally Posted by Lunchbox

no face tat but I have one of my moms name on my neck pretty small, and a couple on my arms and I work in a hospital about to be a surgical tech
nerd.gif
 No offense but I hope you're not on team burnone at work when you're slicing people up. 
laugh.gif

DESE DUDES IS SMASHIN #DOUGH

I really want to know what makes people get LV, Gucci tats, especially the broke ones.
Dudes better not be panhandling in 10 years with monogram tats.

Originally Posted by breezylocks

real life...

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
That's cuz he had the shop since he was in the game.  That barbershop usually is a cover for tax purposes.  Still profitable though, it's like the first step to going legit.

Originally Posted by Ouch my feet

Great post OP, you're following your sheep rules well.

Wouldn't want to mess up your chance to get a raise one of these days! That's the dream ain't it? Working for some greedy bastard who doesn't give an F about you and your life's work/goals.

Now, in all seriousness, we have one life to live here on this messed up "rock" we call earth. Go out and do what you want as long as it's not harming others. No one in their right mind lives a life under the rule of corporate America. That's for the weak and scared. I don't personally have a face tattoo, but I own a small business and work hard to try and establish myself independently. I never make any decisions depending on how it would affect my success in the corporate world and I suggest that you don't either.
Please safely dismount your high horse. Props on being an entrepreneur and all that (really, I do respect that) but don't fool yourself, you're just a spoke in the wheel. I guarantee 99% of the material things you enjoy in life are products of a corporate entity. Small business owner acting like you're beating the system
roll.gif
OK.

I know quite a few people with face tats. Some have tear drops, one guy has a Houston star (just like The games, but the Houston one) and one guy even has the Famous logo (the clothing company) on his face. Aside from the ones that live in jail, every single one of them is stuck with no job, no diploma, living wherever they can selling drugs and living a life of crime. Thats just what ive seen from the ones I know.

Back
Top Bottom