For those working retail

Originally Posted by Dmvbatman

Originally Posted by scshift

Originally Posted by DontStepOnMyShoes

As hard as it was, I used to just kill em with kindness. Throwin in extra maam/sirs thanks yous and pleases nothing is more irritating than being pissed off and somebodys all up in your face being nice as hell haha.

Sometimes that works but when you get to dealing with real life trolls, they know that trick. They play along until you get angry then they rub it in your face.

guess it all lands on patience and being able to brush things off.....

i like this new job, but the customers sometimes can be a pain.
I work in a dollar store, and I use this advice daily. It gets bad too when you get the usual smart @*$@* walking in and going, "Is everything really a dollar?" 

As hard as it was, I used to just kill em with kindness. Throwin in extra maam/sirs thanks yous and pleases nothing is more irritating than being pissed off and somebodys all up in your face being nice as hell haha.

Sometimes that works but when you get to dealing with real life trolls, they know that trick. They play along until you get angry then they rub it in your face.

I work in a dollar store, and I use this advice daily. It gets bad too when you get the usual smart @*$@* walking in and going, "Is everything really a dollar?" 

Originally Posted by xEpikRain

roll.gif
I hate those people.

I use to work at a Nike store and people would come in and be like "Oh. So it's just Nike?"

The hell do you think?

Or those people who walk in and you say hello (company policy) and the person acts as if you've just jumped down their throat trying to make a sale and throw the "just looking
indifferent.gif
" at you. Brah. I said hello and asked how you were. Nothing else.

roll.gif
I hate those people.

I use to work at a Nike store and people would come in and be like "Oh. So it's just Nike?"

The hell do you think?

Or those people who walk in and you say hello (company policy) and the person acts as if you've just jumped down their throat trying to make a sale and throw the "just looking
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Tego Calderon El Abayarde

"Do you work here?" when I'm clearly wearing my nametag or have a staff shirt on people kill me. I always hit em with the
indifferent.gif

i remember some dude got mad because when he asked me that i told him, na i just come here and wear this store uniform around on my freetime and pretend i work here
laugh.gif

"Do you work here?" when I'm clearly wearing my nametag or have a staff shirt on people kill me. I always hit em with the
indifferent.gif

i remember some dude got mad because when he asked me that i told him, na i just come here and wear this store uniform around on my freetime and pretend i work here
laugh.gif

You gotta be careful what you say though, cuz when a complaint gets to corporate, some of them take those really serious

You gotta be careful what you say though, cuz when a complaint gets to corporate, some of them take those really serious

indifferent.gif

I hate this

indifferent.gif

I hate this

Originally Posted by DanzInRealLife

roll.gif
I hate those people.

The hell do you think?

indifferent.gif

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

I work 2 retail jobs, and though they're both really different, i prefer the customers at one job compared to the other.

Originally Posted by DanzInRealLife

roll.gif
I hate those people.

The hell do you think?

indifferent.gif

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

I work 2 retail jobs, and though they're both really different, i prefer the customers at one job compared to the other.

indifferent.gif

all of this
eyes.gif

indifferent.gif

all of this
eyes.gif

customer service is customer service regardless if its retail or not 90% customer service jobs suck haha. I work in the er at a hospital and we get people calling every day asking what time we close...it takes everything in my power not to respond with a smart *@% comment

customer service is customer service regardless if its retail or not 90% customer service jobs suck haha. I work in the er at a hospital and we get people calling every day asking what time we close...it takes everything in my power not to respond with a smart *@% comment

"Do you work here?"

"you still open?"

"Can I use this expired coupon?"

"(other idiot manager) gave me a discount the other day so I should be able to get one today."

"[item doesn't belong to our store] I'm here to return this. It didn't fit/irritates my skin and I have no receipt to prove it's yours."

Just some of my favorite questions over the time I've worked retail/fastfood.

Being a manager is a hassle.
30t6p3b.gif

"Do you work here?"

"you still open?"

"Can I use this expired coupon?"

"(other idiot manager) gave me a discount the other day so I should be able to get one today."

"[item doesn't belong to our store] I'm here to return this. It didn't fit/irritates my skin and I have no receipt to prove it's yours."

Just some of my favorite questions over the time I've worked retail/fastfood.

Being a manager is a hassle.
30t6p3b.gif

this.

i work in finance and my "customers" are my brokers who originate leads for me.  i love everything about my job except having to play nice with these idiots.  some of these brokers are so incompetent that they do anything and everything possible (not on purpose of course) to torpedo their own deal.  its an extra kick in the pants when i have to pick up their slack, correct their mistakes, AND still end up paying them 15% commission on the $200K lease that they originated.  the worst part of my day is when I have to sign a $30K commission check to this dummy who luckboxed his way into this deal.

*end rant

this.

i work in finance and my "customers" are my brokers who originate leads for me.  i love everything about my job except having to play nice with these idiots.  some of these brokers are so incompetent that they do anything and everything possible (not on purpose of course) to torpedo their own deal.  its an extra kick in the pants when i have to pick up their slack, correct their mistakes, AND still end up paying them 15% commission on the $200K lease that they originated.  the worst part of my day is when I have to sign a $30K commission check to this dummy who luckboxed his way into this deal.

*end rant

Back
Top Bottom