For you older dudes, where do you rock your J's?

I still have plenty of time to wear mine. I'll be 25 in a month but I have a job where I can't wear sneakers at all except "Casual Friday"and most of time there I just wear some Converse Chuck Taylors. I wear mine if I have to run any errands during the week after work and I wear them whenI'm out and about on the weekends. It's not as much as I used to for sure. I might have worn my Max Orange I's twice since I bought them. I stilllove the shoes though, I'm still coppin'.

gym, running errands, dont really wear jordans as a fashion statement, j's and sweats is the way to go..

I'm 25. Work is business casual at the office but I do a lot of field work with my position so I am allowed to wear whatever I want when I'm out, whichis most of the time. I work with Kids, who love when I rock my Jordans.

I have to school them on the value of the originals 1-12 versus the fusions and will always bust them out for wearing fakes. I try to teach them the value ofstacking your chips to get something of value as opposed to blowing 30-40 on some bootlegs as soon as you get it.

The way I see it, I couldn't afford to wear them when I was younger, and now that I can afford to, I will stay true to myself and buy what I always wanted.Don't be a Hypebeast and cop the newest latest and greatest, stick to what you know and grew up loving. Co-workers think it's feminine to have so manyshoes and don't get it, but they are all older and dress like crap and spend their money in other ways.

Some J's to rock with jeans that I suggest for you are I,III, IV and V.

weekends like...friday night parties, saturday bbq, sunday masses or simply going to the malls, parks...or better yet at home hile watching tv's..hihihi

Originally Posted by solekollectah81

If you need to ask this, or think you have outgrown them, you shouldn't even or ever been buying Jordans. You are obviously a hype beast with no passion and just jump on bandwagons.

i hate to do this cuz opinions are exactly what they are... opinions... and i really try to keep positivity where i go...

but that was a dumb a** response, bruh... hypebeast cuz he's 30 and would rather wear would all 30 year old businessman wear?

i dig where the thread starter is comin from. although i am 20, i can see it on the horizon. i still got the love for the kick game, and like the attention,and like coppin stuff on release day... but i find myself lookin at GQ magazines and sayin "D*mn... that's fresh..." or passin on more and morejays... the day will soon come that i will have to put the Jays aside for some dress shoes.

just make sure you do what you feel is best... if sellin them is an option, you'll have a lil extra spendin change that you prolly dont need cuz i'mwould assume your financially stable... but that would ensure it goes to someone who appreciates them.

if giving them away is an option, make sure it is to somebody who needs them, or will put atleast half the heart into it as much as you did... and put me atthe top of the list cuz i'm rockin the same size as you...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by lysolflow

If you need to ask this, or think you have outgrown them, you shouldn't even or ever been buying Jordans. You are obviously a hype beast with no passion and just jump on bandwagons.

i hate to do this cuz opinions are exactly what they are... opinions... and i really try to keep positivity where i go...

but that was a dumb a** response, bruh... hypebeast cuz he's 30 and would rather wear would all 30 year old businessman wear?

i dig where the thread starter is comin from. although i am 20, i can see it on the horizon. i still got the love for the kick game, and like the attention, and like coppin stuff on release day... but i find myself lookin at GQ magazines and sayin "D*mn... that's fresh..." or passin on more and more jays... the day will soon come that i will have to put the Jays aside for some dress shoes.

just make sure you do what you feel is best... if sellin them is an option, you'll have a lil extra spendin change that you prolly dont need cuz i'm would assume your financially stable... but that would ensure it goes to someone who appreciates them.

if giving them away is an option, make sure it is to somebody who needs them, or will put atleast half the heart into it as much as you did... and put me at the top of the list cuz i'm rockin the same size as you...
laugh.gif

So business men wear suits all day long, including weekends, and running errands, and hanging out with friends?....Give me a break.

need other dudes to tell you how to manage your kicks?? nahhh you need to just adjust your jay game to your schedule

Originally Posted by irishbaz

Originally Posted by si3n4

I'm in my mid 30s with kids and I have an office job. I wear my Jordans primarily for playing ball 3 times a week. I figure that's what they were designed for. I occasionally wear them on the weekends or after work. I haven't worn my Jordans all day every day since college...
Same as si im in my early 30s play ball in my Js quite a lot but not streetball, that was 10 years ago
laugh.gif

si3n4 U rollin in an R32? Nice car I almost bought one the time I got my S3.
Yeah, almost no streetball anymore. When I do play streetball a couple of times a year I rock my older, well worn Jordans.

Yep irishbaz, I have an R32. It's a great car. I was also thinking of getting an S3 but theydon't sell those in the states yet. Oh well. I guess I have to settle for the R.
wink.gif

I am 42 and what I do for a living (I am your local I.T. guy) I am able to wear them everyday. I was able to get all of the packs last year now I wear them1-23 in order. Today I am on my 23 stealths and I have 2 more 23s to go then I start all over again. You never to old to wear them.

I wear my Jordans to work and whenever I go out. Our dress code at the office is business-casual so I wear a button up or collared shirt w/ jeans and Jordansthat match my top. Then on Fridays I'll wear a Tee that matches my Jordans.

I'm 29, have about 120 pair or so and I wear jordan/Nike retro everyday, I guess I'm just lucky like a few others and have a job where I can dresshowever I want so I am able to wear em everyday, and I don't see my self changing that anytime soon

Originally Posted by lysolflow

So business men wear suits all day long, including weekends, and running errands, and hanging out with friends?....Give me a break.

naw... they aint wearin business suits all day... they are rockin Dockers and Polos wit boat shoes and loafers... but to call him a hypebeast and questioninghis love for Jordans and shoes in general is just plain stupid...

to me, Jordans and this whole shoe phase is like video games... most people's taste tend to shift into other things... I wont use the word"mature" cuz that makes it seem like it was immature to wear them in the first place (just like saying playing video games is immature)... as peopleget older, more and more drop off from playin video games, just like more and more stop showin up for Jordan release day and gettin giddy about upcomingshoes...

I don't think you can outgrow Jordans, or any athletic shoe. I'm a contractor, and was working at a surgeon's 8 mil. home, and he noticed I waswearing Jordans when I showed up.
He proceeded to show me his "pile" of 30-40 pairs, some of which were Jordans. This guy is in his mid sixties, but loves basketball, and wears hisshoes all the time.
However, there is a time and place for everything.

Man if you love your J's you will find time whenever, I'm like you near 30 and work a 9-5 at a bank. I wear a pair to work whenever I can and leave mydress shoes there. I only have a small window in upstate, n.y. Or use the weekends, you can always find time eventually. I love my collection even though nowi'm getting rid of some, plus I like to school the kids on what real sneakers are.

Originally Posted by c4

I don't think you can outgrow Jordans, or any athletic shoe. I'm a contractor, and was working at a surgeon's 8 mil. home, and he noticed I was wearing Jordans when I showed up.
He proceeded to show me his "pile" of 30-40 pairs, some of which were Jordans. This guy is in his mid sixties, but loves basketball, and wears his shoes all the time.
However, there is a time and place for everything.

but do you think he camps out... or shows up on release date, for that matter... or checks niketalk's release dates... maybe you outgrow theanticipation...

Originally Posted by NikeAirCobraBen

Originally Posted by Rafool

Originally Posted by AirThompson

dude, was this thread really necessary?
If you didnt like the thread, was leaving a comment necesssary?
its ISS garbage, thats y!!!!!
No it's not. ISS garbage would be 15 year olds and under. Don't see nothing of this here. This isn't a childish nor stupid and pointless topic....

ISS is calling you though. Go.

yea huh I should join the rest of u 15 year olds at gay-SS... LOL vegeta haha u can't get vag!n@

I dont even like Rafool but your last joke was wack.....

^he's definitely not doing any of that. He just loves and seemed proud of his shoe pile. I know what you mean about outgrowing the anticipation.
I've mostly been buying older retros and og's, but once in a while a new release will get me to show up on release day....but I haven't done thatsince last Black Friday.

I'm 29 and you'll very rarely see me in anything other than Jordans, Air max or retro trainers of various models. But then, I'm a DJ by trade withno need for a day job. I haven't had somebody telling me what I can or cannot wear since long before high school.

i'm 28 and i just wear them. in the last 6 months, i've expanded my taste to nike retro w/ all the fresh drops they've been putting out (penny lineand griffey reissue). my job is strictly casual so i wear sneakers every day. just wear your shoes to the places where they won't get destroyed.

Back
Top Bottom