Forbes Lists the Most Miserable U.S Cities for 2012: Miami #1? Cali/Florida/Mich represent!

List is flawed because boat loads of money in Miami goes unreported.
You cannot deny the disparity between the classes tho.

Originally Posted by Yeah

Originally Posted by Credo

The gf took me on a tour of Michigan I think in an attempt to sell me on the state.  All I told her is it's one of the most depressing places I've ever been (including Iraq, which takes the top spot).  Parts of Detroit look like a set from The Walking Dead
sick.gif
Word.

Those factory workers are manufacturing cars with a MSRP higher than their own homes,
30t6p3b.gif
. Kilpatrick ran that city underground.
Yea those 6 ppl that still have jobs can be that home easily though.

Originally Posted by Futuristic

#6 Chicago, Ill.

The Windy City is a cultural and financial center, but its residents must endure gridlock traffic, high property taxes and brutal winters. Commute times to work average 31 minutes, eighth worst in the U.S.

Definitely $@@%$! from November to April, but other than that it's
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
. That's why I'm spending the Winter in California from now on.

i just moved here about four months ago.. every single person raves about summer time here. people are talking about it's the best place in the nation during summertime.. i hope it lives up to it's hype.

It's not based on emotions (obviously impossible to calculate).

It's based on home foreclosures and this region was hit hard with the subprime crisis

and all that ensued.

Originally Posted by miamib30514

It's not based on emotions (obviously impossible to calculate).

It's based on home foreclosures and this region was hit hard with the subprime crisis

and all that ensued.
thats one factor but lets be serious all the florida cities in the top 10 have HORRIBLE ghettos like top 10 in the national bad *!$+ West Palm Beach Goons & Thugs was made for a reason

the weather alone in Miami is enough to keep me from living there. I'd only be comfortable during the coldest times of the year November-March. I went in January one year and it was great but I'd die in the summers.

I went to NO in August one year and the second I got off the plane the humidity was so bad. I could never live in the deep South. DC-area humidity is bad enough.

miami has no jobs

my moms got the best job in miami you can get without going to college (working at a lawfirm)

she thinks its easy to get up and get a job that pays like 25-30 bucks a hour like her

she shakes her head when i tell her im making like 7-10 dollars a hour on my job
laugh.gif
sick.gif

Florida is really cool but you just have to have the right situation and or money to blow or it will be boring.

there is definitely room for improvement/development...I don't look at it like theres nothing to do...I look at it like in the future it could be different from what it is now

Eh, just left from MIA this weekend and Miami Beach looked damn good to me. And I live in #4 right now. But I have a job, so I guess it's not as bad as could be. But as these housing prices continue to come down...

25qbvdg.gif

Move to Dade in the next few years

Suprised Camden, NJ didnt make the list. RI is hurting too, is where I live now, most of our cities including Providence have or will soon filed for bankruptcy

I hope my city progresses over time. I would really like to go back to live in Miami sometime soon.

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Eh, just left from MIA this weekend and Miami Beach looked damn good to me. And I live in #4 right now. But I have a job, so I guess it's not as bad as could be. But as these housing prices continue to come down...

25qbvdg.gif

Move to Dade in the next few years

How is West palm beach ? As far as night life & clothing stores

I love how they pointed out the 31 minute commute in Chicago. That isn't even that bad. I had a hour and 15 minute commute at one point but now I live in San Francisco and it still takes me 28 minutes by bus just to go 2.5 miles.

Back
Top Bottom