FORBES: NBA'S MOST LOYAL FANS

I'll tell you guys this now. If the Knicks ever get good anytime soon, you'll see a lot of those casual fans come out of no where, and hear completerubbish out of their mouths. For the most part, the fans NOW aren't as ignorant as Exile on IVY street says they are.

Rest assured, once the causal fans come back...we'll hear the stupidness come out with them
laugh.gif

Sacramento deserves to be on that list. Up until last year we've sold out every game since Titus Edney was dishing the rock to Michael "Yogi"Stewart...

kobe or no kobe, id stiLL be a Laker fan no doubt...i was a fan before kobe and gonna be after kobe...the true and die hard Laker fans FTW!!

Originally Posted by tupac003

I think that game is from 1993-94, if that's the case then the�Sonics had the best record in the NBA, they were the team to watch.� Even if it was 1992-93, they still were a 50+ win team so they were good and entertaining.��Both of those years subsequently were sub 40 win seasons for the�lakers.� I don't really understand what you were trying to�say by�showing that video.��80's�basketball wasn't that interesting to me, especially�the lakers.� I hated how magic johnson only dribbled, shot, passed, and did everything but scratch his $$# with his right hand. I enjoyed watching one teams and three players during the 80's; the warriors,�MJ, and Clyde the Glyde. 90's Bball is extremely missed...
When were you born?

You have got to be joking if you think 80's basketball wasn't great.

So jordan in the playoffs in the 80's wasn't great? Dominique wilkins vs bird was worthless right? The bad boys were nothing special?

80's basketball not interesting?
t1_chandler_si.jpg

You fail like Kwame.....

All I said was 80's basketball wasn't that interesting to me. I will always have respect for 80's basketball, but it didn'tinterest me and I loved basketball. It was boring to watch. You think just cause people watch highlight reels, Dominque was dunking every play, I was a youngkid, and I admit I couldn't appreciate the little stuff in basketball. The late 80's like 88 and 89 were a little better, but still didn'tinterest me a whole a lot. I was born in '80. Dominque was cool, when they televised Atlanta games, the badboys were cool, when they televised detroitgames. You youngins keep actin like they had the internet and nba.com to watch highlights and stuff anytime any place. Something tells me you like 80'sbasketball because your daddy, who never played a day in his life but thought he knew everything cause he once heard about Wilt Chamberlain's 50 pointgame, told you to like 80's basketball even though you know dang well you've never watched an 80's game until people started posting them onyoutube...

there are a TON of "Laker" fans who couldn't name 3 players on the team. i'm not saying the true fans aren't loyal though. i'm alakers guy but here in OH the only chance i get to watch them is when they are on TNT or ESPN and even then it's midnight before it's halftime.

JBnSOUL wrote:
tupac003 wrote:
I think that game is from 1993-94, if that's the case then the�Sonics had the best record in the NBA, they were the team to watch.� Even if it was 1992-93, they still were a 50+ win team so they were good and entertaining.��Both of those years subsequently were sub 40 win seasons for the�lakers.� I don't really understand what you were trying to�say by�showing that video.��80's�basketball wasn't that interesting to me, especially�the lakers.� I hated how magic johnson only dribbled, shot, passed, and did everything but scratch his $$# with his right hand. I enjoyed watching one teams and three players during the 80's; the warriors,�MJ, and Clyde the Glyde. 90's Bball is extremely missed...
When were you born?

So jordan in the playoffs in the 80's wasn't great? Dominique wilkins vs bird was worthless right? The bad boys were nothing special?

t1_chandler_si.jpg

You fail like Kwame.....

All I said was 80's basketball wasn't that interesting to me. I will always have respect for 80's basketball, but it didn't interest me and I loved basketball. It was boring to watch. You think just cause people watch highlight reels, Dominque was dunking every play, I was a young kid, and I admit I couldn't appreciate the little stuff in basketball. The late 80's like 88 and 89 were a little better, but still didn't interest me a whole a lot. I was born in '80. Dominque was cool, when they televised Atlanta games, the badboys were cool, when they televised detroit games. You youngins keep actin like they had the internet and nba.com to watch highlights and stuff anytime any place. Something tells me you like 80's basketball because your daddy, who never played a day in his life but thought he knew everything cause he once heard about Wilt Chamberlain's 50 point game, told you to like 80's basketball even though you know dang well you've never watched an 80's game until people started posting them on youtube...
You were born in 1980.

So, I was born in 82...
roll.gif

You should get your facts straight before you make stupid comments.

You just keep failing....

smh.gif
at anyone who said 80's basketball was whack.

My only problem with 80's was the very low definition quality on TV for the games, and the short-shorts.

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

smh.gif
at anyone who said 80's basketball was whack.

My only problem with 80's was the very low definition quality on TV for the games, and the short-shorts.

roll.gif
I think that was the worst part of it.

But I don't understand how anybody can talk down about 80's basketball.

Young Barkley, Clide, Mike, Magic, Bird, ECT.

The Lakers Celtics. The Bad Boys, Mike Killing the Cavs. There is so much I am missing. The 80's were great.

^^i dont think its just the recent years. I remember even during the 90's Kings fans were there.

I'm surprised Utah Jazz didn't make the list.

Originally Posted by CROSSISOM

These teams are also in places with people who have money, who can afford to go to games consistently.
QFT...not to mention that cities like NY and LA have huge populations that no matter how crappy their teams are, they will sell out seats

Anyone knocking 80's basketball is a straight clown
smh.gif
Gurantee their rendition was formed through vhs highlights.

Originally Posted by tupac003

JBnSOUL wrote:
tupac003 wrote:
When were you born?

t1_chandler_si.jpg

You fail like Kwame.....

All I said was 80's basketball wasn't that interesting to me. I will always have respect for 80's basketball, but it didn't interest me and I loved basketball. It was boring to watch. You think just cause people watch highlight reels, Dominque was dunking every play, I was a young kid, and I admit I couldn't appreciate the little stuff in basketball. The late 80's like 88 and 89 were a little better, but still didn't interest me a whole a lot. I was born in '80. Dominque was cool, when they televised Atlanta games, the badboys were cool, when they televised detroit games. You youngins keep actin like they had the internet and nba.com to watch highlights and stuff anytime any place. Something tells me you like 80's basketball because your daddy, who never played a day in his life but thought he knew everything cause he once heard about Wilt Chamberlain's 50 point game, told you to like 80's basketball even though you know dang well you've never watched an 80's game until people started posting them on youtube...
You were born in 1980.

So, I was born in 82...
roll.gif

You should get your facts straight before you make stupid comments.

You just keep failing....

What facts do I need to get straight? I was born in 1980, fact. I prefer watching 90's basketball over 80's basketball, fact. I never said that youweren't born in the early 80's, fact. You are younger than me, fact...

Originally Posted by LoveOfTheGame916

Sacramento deserves to be on that list. Up until last year we've sold out every game since Titus Edney was dishing the rock to Michael "Yogi" Stewart...

I agree with this. I have to travel to Sacramento for business pretty regularly and no matter what time of year I go or where I go, I always hear peoplearound town talking about the Kings. Coffee shops, court houses, wherever, the Kings seem to be one of the top subjects of conversation. I think that showshow dedicated the fans are.

i vote the sonics fans that haven't hopped on the blazer bandwagon.
laugh.gif

NBA basketball will retrun to seattle eventually.
pimp.gif

(i hope
embarassed.gif
)

Back
Top Bottom