FOREX currency trading

I had an account on forex.com a couple years back, their people were calling me trying to get me to drop a couple grand in a real account. I was close to putting in 2500 to see what I could do but a friend of mine put 15k he saved into forex and lost almost all of it. Dude traded his way back up but I just realized it was probably too volatile for someone like me who wasn't real dedicated.

I had an account on forex.com a couple years back, their people were calling me trying to get me to drop a couple grand in a real account. I was close to putting in 2500 to see what I could do but a friend of mine put 15k he saved into forex and lost almost all of it. Dude traded his way back up but I just realized it was probably too volatile for someone like me who wasn't real dedicated.

Yeah the volatility is there but that goes for stocks too and anything else

Currency trading is  
pimp.gif

Swiss francs >>>>>

As someone who has lost money and made money trading stocks, you only get hurt when you trade without a stop/plan. As long as you have a plan and manage risk well, you should be profitable. Takes time learning and developing a strategy though.

As someone who has lost money and made money trading stocks, you only get hurt when you trade without a stop/plan. As long as you have a plan and manage risk well, you should be profitable. Takes time learning and developing a strategy though.

yes, you have to have a stop/plan. It takes more discipline but that's what I usually do, have an exit plan, and then I might re enter again.

Last edited:
For anyone that wants to learn the method I use check out the thread on fxfactory, the author puts plenty of good examples in the first half of pages

http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=456527

im sure this guy is a successful trader as he says he is, but his 'system' that he's sharing obviously emphasizes only his profitable trades where he was correct thus validating his trading system. but he doesn't warn against trades where his trades went wrong. i wouldn't mind hearing some explanations and his psychology for some of his trades where he incurred losses. im just saying

lol get some practice and demoing done otherwise you'll win and get over confident and suddenly lose it all on 1 trade

M fiscally conservative, b.

:smile:

Those demos... Do you get the same effect as the people with money in?

Or will they like...e... Manipulate it so you can win...

Them when you get on the actual site with money in...

The real deal comes and you're ****** because it's not the watered down demo version.

yeah man...

I'm so lazy... I'll wak up and not look at the account for 3 days.

Hahaha

im sure this guy is a successful trader as he says he is, but his 'system' that he's sharing obviously emphasizes only his profitable trades where he was correct thus validating his trading system. but he doesn't warn against trades where his trades went wrong. i wouldn't mind hearing some explanations and his psychology for some of his trades where he incurred losses. im just saying

nothing wrong with that, i would agree and that's a question everyone should ask

I have decided to forgo the method I posted previously and I'll be trading more nakedly using a couple of Moving averages for direction + price rejection against the MA. a classic but effective method. And I might also be trading with a breakout strategy. Most of all I'll be working on using as conservative as I can without making it too tight of a stop loss. I think for the forseeable future I'll be trading with renko bars. Heres my new chart setup. I'll be looking mostly for a red green red price rejection against a downtrending MA setup for a sell and a green red green entry for a buy on an uptrending double MA move. Goal = 30 bars in a week (60 pips, the bars I have applied are 2 pip renko blocks). Stop losses usually being no more than 2-3.5 bars

Will be posting and updating with trades I take for record keeping. I also need to work on not overtrading and only taking above average setups.

Stop loss was hit. I'll just wait until closer to the morning and see if theres any setups there. goodnight

I'm in no rush to learn FOREX but I hear great things about having a trading group or a couple of key people you sit down and discuss trading with each day.

A buddy of mine who's really into FOREX Arbitrage is short of the Aus Dollar.

I know very little of this space, but this guy is almost certain it's going down. Would the people who know a little more shed some light on this?

A buddy of mine who's really into FOREX Arbitrage is short of the Aus Dollar.

I know very little of this space, but this guy is almost certain it's going down. Would the people who know a little more shed some light on this?

Is he basing this on long term? how long is he looking to hold on for?

Girl i know from college stays talking about this on fb. Making videos about it daily. I had to unfollow her.

Back
Top Bottom