found a wallet with 740 bucks inside ....

Originally Posted by play2much2004

vngrki.gif

210dp8k.gif

roll.gif

Originally Posted by AyoKamikaze

i found a iphone on the floor on my vacation to LA a few weeks ago. E-mailed the guy and returned it(I covered shipping costs.) Dude's e-mail to me was "thank you. here's the address to send it to." he also didn't e-mail me back when he got the phone in this past wednesday. another e-mail to let me know he got the phone in or an extra thank you would've been nice but he hasn't tried to get in touch with me. i guess i expected too much ha

Originally Posted by AyoKamikaze

i found a iphone on the floor on my vacation to LA a few weeks ago. E-mailed the guy and returned it(I covered shipping costs.) Dude's e-mail to me was "thank you. here's the address to send it to." he also didn't e-mail me back when he got the phone in this past wednesday. another e-mail to let me know he got the phone in or an extra thank you would've been nice but he hasn't tried to get in touch with me. i guess i expected too much ha

Well I can say this much...

You're a better person than I am.

I woulda kept the cash and mailed back the wallet anonymously.

Well I can say this much...

You're a better person than I am.

I woulda kept the cash and mailed back the wallet anonymously.

If you took the cash and returned the wallet, it would've been harder to lie that the cash wasn't in the wallet than some people in this thread make it seem. It would be better to sneak up to her mailbox in the middle of the night and just drop the cashless wallet in and run. But you did the right thing.

If you took the cash and returned the wallet, it would've been harder to lie that the cash wasn't in the wallet than some people in this thread make it seem. It would be better to sneak up to her mailbox in the middle of the night and just drop the cashless wallet in and run. But you did the right thing.

Ya'll are some saints. I really don't know. I would of felt that $740 and been damn tempted to keep it. I got a lot of monies to pay back to credit card people. Plus, my faith in humanity is low. People suck in general. As much as I hate to say it I might of kept it. Sucks to be broke and in debt. I'll be generous once I'm able to help out more. I don't understand why anyone would have that much cash in there purse at any given time. Just curious, what is the legal precedent here? Do you HAVE to legally give it to the cops or something? Can you get in REAL trouble for keeping the cash?

Ya'll are some saints. I really don't know. I would of felt that $740 and been damn tempted to keep it. I got a lot of monies to pay back to credit card people. Plus, my faith in humanity is low. People suck in general. As much as I hate to say it I might of kept it. Sucks to be broke and in debt. I'll be generous once I'm able to help out more. I don't understand why anyone would have that much cash in there purse at any given time. Just curious, what is the legal precedent here? Do you HAVE to legally give it to the cops or something? Can you get in REAL trouble for keeping the cash?

Originally Posted by boogie bwoy

i honestly don't know if i would've kept it or not. i see it both ways..worst come to worst, i would have kept the money and mailed her purse back w/ no return address of course.
at least she would've gotten her i.d. and the rest of the contents in her purse back. *shrugs*

but knowing my conscience, i probably would've done the same thing you did op. i really don't believe in karma though
ohwell.gif

in any case, good stuff man. this world needs more people like you. *tips hat*

Exactly. I would like to think I would have returned to money, but who knows.

And not that you did it for money, but she should have gave more than $5.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom