Votes: 28 35.9%
  • Top 10, Maybe Top 15

Votes: 29 37.2%
  • Mediocre at Best

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Not Good at All

Votes: 3 3.8%

• Total voters
You gotta remember that none of the previous movies happened and time lines have been reset :lol:

This doesn't give them a license to change everything all willy nilly though

Think the back to the future movies

I think generally speaking all film adaptations of Marvel properties have had similar Marvel opening credits regardless of the studio

-__________________-

Oh, I'm sorry. Are you in your feelings because I said that? Should that have been a spoiler for you?

You're such a lady.

I wasn't actually stonefacing you. I was stonefacing the fact that they would do that. Lol

Calm down.

:rofl: at You're such a lady

Of all the things to call me...you picked that.

View media item 2039880
I'm dead, man. Most random put down ever.

Last edited:
I think generally speaking all film adaptations of Marvel properties have had similar Marvel opening credits regardless of the studio

They have. But MCU made a change to their opening a couple years ago. Remember it used to be the flickering comic book pages and sound? X-MEN films had continued to use them while the MCU changed theirs. DOFP still had the comic book opening. Deadpool too. It's now the same as the MCUs.

Last edited:
Hope MCU opening changes for Dr. Strange. Can't have casuals thinking these movies are part of the same universe or studio.

>D

Last edited:
I feel like dudes get so wrapped up in the FOX/Sony/Marvel nonsense that they don't realize that these are all still MARVEL movies and obligated to display the Marvel logo in the opening credits.

I don't think FOX used the most current version of that opening credit as some kind of gambit to confuse casuals, nor do I believe that they would actually have any kind of say as to which version of the credit to use :rolleyes. It is the MARVEL logo :lol:

Last edited:
I feel like dudes get so wrapped up in the FOX/Sony/Marvel nonsense that they don't realize that these are all still MARVEL movies and obligated to display the Marvel logo in the opening credits.

I don't think FOX used the most current version of that opening credit as some kind of gambit to confuse casuals :rolleyes. It is the MARVEL logo :lol:

Its real to them dammit!!!!

No but seriously the stanning has reached disturbing levels

I don't think FOX used the most current version of that opening credit as some kind of gambit to confuse casuals, nor do I believe that they would actually have any kind of say as to which version of the credit to use :rolleyes. It is the MARVEL logo :lol:

I get what you're saying. I guess it wouldn't be much of a deal if they all changed at once. If they did, there wouldn't be no conversation about it. When it didn't happen, noticing the difference between the companies opening credits was inevitable.

Man really. Actually really liked first class and DOFP. they pulled out apocalypse as well and this movie is a dud???

I am the biggest X-MEN supporter but this movie is bottom tier.

It's with X-3 and Wolverine Origins.

If you seen them all then might as well see this too.

Pros:

Sansa Star... I mean, Sophie Turner. As the movie progressed I really started to like her in the role. She's going to be a bad *** Jean. Excited for her.

Quicksliver. Some people may think his scenes are too much but after watching his DOFP scene and how fast he was you kinda understand why his scenes in this film had to be bigger. Dude is ridiculously fast. I enjoyed them.

Psylocke. Munn is hot in that outfit. Shame we don't see more of her smh.

Charles and Erik. Just love the interaction every time.

The geek factor. Top of my head, the X-MEN TAS episode arch Beyond Good and Evil is probably my favorite episodes. The last episode of the arch. Yeah.. Get a little glimpse of that. All I could do was smile. Finally see it on the big screen. Trying to avoid spoilers lol.

Beast. Nothing really special. I just like dude. Don't get that lovey dovey stuff this time around either.

Wolverine. Just cause lol.

Cons:

Mystique. They really have her like she's the second coming of Jesus Christ in this film. Not even kidding. Smh.

Archangel. Was hoping they were going to have him as Apocalypse favorite horseman. Have him "I live to serve you" and all that. No. Not the case.

Storm. Underutilized as always. Didn't even show her powers til the end.

Apocalypse. Just not intimidating or scary at all. It was a waste of a talented actor. Won't see anything about him from the comics or cartoon that makes you excited for the character. I know somethings just don't translate to film, but this was just sad. Only glimpse of the Apocalypse we love is in the part you see in trailers when he grew against Charles in the psychic battle.

Stryker. Him and the whole weapon X facility wasn't necessary. Just didn't need to happen. Only reason it was there was to tie in the ending of DOFP. Completely forced. Didn't even answer the question to why Mystique took Wolverine. Completely ignored.

The ending. I loved it for what it was. But when you take in the totality of the movie, it's just not fitting. But the ending feels like a ending to the First Class chapter.

Small things that are barely worthy of a spoiler tag:

The music from DOFP in the Charles meets Charles scene played in this film. Instant flashback to DOFP for me.

The ending. You get the conversation from the original film between Charles and Erik.. The "I feel a great pitty" one. Classic.

Judging from the reviews so far in this thread, probably will end up watching Neighbors 2 next weekend...or Angry Birds

Neighbors 2 is ok. Basically the same format. First one is better. Nothing in the second film is better than the original. Not a bad film. Just nothing new.

Back
Top Bottom