Fragment Design x Retro 1 High OG - Dec 27, 2014

Yeah. Usually I'm not into shoes that are super hyped, it's happened but not much. These I love though.
i absolutely agree, i think thats why 1s are such a great shoe, they are for the newcomers and for those who have been buying sneakers for a while.

So 21M started making calls today? Despite advertising that calls will be made 12/26?

Does anybody out there know if they're still making calls between now and the 26th or the 26th as planned?

Probably Mercer knows better than NT. You try calling them? That would be a good start.

Last edited:
My buddy put in the raffle at Nike Mercer. Came thru in the clutch for me! Got a text from him at work...I had to go outside real quick and start yelling. Still can't believe it .

Me neither. 
laugh.gif

The more i read...

The more i hear...

The more i see...

The more i realize I know ZERO about this whole "sneaker game" and these silly releases.

Im just a guy who likes kicks and wants to wear them.

I hear ya bro but reading this makes me want to pull out the violin. No one in this so called "sneaker game" has it easy these days. Even the youngest most savviest amongst sneaker heads strike out on such a release as this. Not sure if you noticed but this happens to be a very limited and hyped shoe. They're designed by some fancy Japaneese designer and not exactly you're typical JB release. Making them EVEN MORE harder to get than usual. So yeah I'm sorry you don't get the luxury of walking in the store and asking for your size off the shelf. You do know there is however several other shoes you can do that with right? But you want these. Well guess what..we all do. News flash, you're not the ONLY guy who happens to "just like kicks and wants to wear them". You speak like mostly all the other people who are making an effort to get these don't feel the exact same way. Bottom line..if you're going to choose to want popular shoes (exclusive Air Jordans etc.), you need to adapt like everybody else and save us all in here the sad sad song. Has nothing to do with age. This is life bro.

Also how is asking the NIKE rep which stores have what type of account going to help you get the shoe you want? What did you expect her to say? That's company information. It's crazy that you think they're obligated to disclose that type of info to you. Lol at that making you "feel old". Why? :lol: she was just doing her job.

sadly i remember when i was younger and i used to feel like i wish i had the money to get those kicks.

now i feel like every month and a half or so I'm begging nike to take my hard earned money.

its almost embarrassing. and its easy to be like I'm gonna stop supporting nike but i like sneakers, some not "hyped", some "hyped"

Truth, bro ham, Truth.

These remind me of the mars 4 and motorsport 4. People were basically paying me 3-4k more becasue of a different color of the exact same shoe. About to just paint some black toes and save couple of hundred bucks :lol:

These remind me of the mars 4 and motorsport 4. People were basically paying me 3-4k more becasue of a different color of the exact same shoe. About to just paint some black toes and save couple of hundred bucks :lol:
its the mold. And quality. Plus the collab. The cw is nice but those 3 things are why we trying to cop.

So were they similar to Lance Mountains as our Japanese member stated?

I have not held LM's. Can't compare the two.

I'm not a "quality" snob. I'm a see shoes, like shoes, pull the trigger type of guy. The colors are just so "strong" in person though. Perfect combination.

Would easily cop if they were $300-$350 pre-order, but no chance i;d cop at the outrageous prices we're seeing.

Or so i say......

These need to release. :smokin

I hear ya bro but reading this makes me want to pull out the violin. No one in this so called "sneaker game" has it easy these days. Even the youngest most savviest amongst sneaker heads strike out on such a release as this. Not sure if you noticed but this happens to be a very limited and hyped shoe. They're designed by some fancy Japaneese designer and not exactly you're typical JB release. Making them EVEN MORE harder to get than usual. So yeah I'm sorry you don't get the luxury of walking in the store and asking for your size off the shelf. You do know there is however several other shoes you can do that with right? But you want these. Well guess what..we all do. News flash, you're not the ONLY guy who happens to "just like kicks and wants to wear them". You speak like mostly all the other people who are making an effort to get these don't feel the exact same way. Bottom line..if you're going to choose to want popular shoes (exclusive Air Jordans etc.), you need to adapt like everybody else and save us all in here the sad sad song. Has nothing to do with age. This is life bro.

Also how is asking the NIKE rep which stores have what type of account going to help you get the shoe you want? What did you expect her to say? That's company information. It's crazy that you think they're obligated to disclose that type of info to you. Lol at that making you "feel old". Why?
laugh.gif
she was just doing her job.
No need for the violins. I prefer trumpets.
roll.gif

Im not trying to pout. Im just lamenting how frustrating this release is, just like most of us in here. U don't want to hear about it then don't read the post. No one ever said it was going to be easy, i recognize the shift in this culture, but if I like to reminisce about a few years ago (lets say 2010 not even early 00's) do i not do it for the sake of "saving you the rant" or "sad sad song" some people in here feel the same as I do, guess this was for them. I have taken plenty of losses this year and in years past (Baron 1s). And i have had plenty of wins (Black LM 1s, RT Mids, Chinese New Year Dunks) Its all about perspective. Its not so much as taking a loss because I can't get this shoe, as it is feeling as like I'm not going to have a fair shot.  That was the reason for wanting to know which retailers would carry these. If 21 Mercer turned over a new leaf (congrats to those in here that won) then cool, guess my concerns weren't warranted but some of us who have dealt with 21Mercer releases in the past have def caused us to "raise an eyebrow" at their business practices. If you know what your options are you can make a more informed decision about what choices to make. That would be me in a attempt to "do my homework" thats an obligation to myself. she didn't want to say, cool, but i don't feel bad about trying.

Back
Top Bottom