Free Solo vol. Sweaty Hands!

Just saw this. Im not an avid rock climber but I believe this is one of the most profound human achievements in our lifetime. The cinematography is stunning and the film dives into the psyche and unnerving build up of anxiety of Alex and his friends who film him ascent of El Cap in Yosemite. You honestly dont have to like rock climbing to enjoy the film. As for those who are afriad of height (as I am) many shots will make you uncomfortable but this is worth the watch. :pimp:

Just to let you know the scale of this thing. El Cap is roughly 3 times the height of the Empire State building.

It took Alex 3 hours and 56 minutes of free solo climbing to scale a 3,000 ft. flat sheet of Granite.
elcap-tallest-bldgs.jpg

For more info and details check out:
https://www.nationalgeographic.com/...solo-climb-yosemite-national-park-el-capitan/

upload_2018-11-2_23-15-33.png

Jimmy chin is one of the most incredible photographers in the world...dude is legit and he worked on this film, I def want to check it out, just pure insanity.

rock climbing takes crazy strength and skills man. tried doing it at a gym and it was hard af.

cant even imagine doing it on a mountian

Really want to catch this but I have been so busy lately with school/work.

Read a few articles about him and he is a character for sure.

Dudes a psycho. Surprised they let him climb that. I thought many areas have started to prohibit the huge liability.

Was on Nat Geo last night at 9. Watched half of it last night and I'm finishing it up now. This is GRIPPING (no pun.) One thing real quick...his GF, Sanni, is a real ball and chain. She's ruining him.

^100%.

She annoyed me all throughout the movie. I get the impression she feels like she’s contributing to his success.

Dude represents how amazing humans can be, mentally and physically. Amazing.

^100%.

She annoyed me all throughout the movie. I get the impression she feels like she’s contributing to his success.

Dude represents how amazing humans can be, mentally and physically. Amazing.

I just asked my wife this question...if I had a passion/obsession that could potentially lead to my death, and had this BEFORE we met, what would you do. She told me, that she'd either support me 100% or not be with me. Absolutely NOT make me pick.

I feel like Sanni was the opposite of that. SHE chose him. Even played a role in breaking his back. I didn't like her vibe at all during the film. It's almost like she was waiting for him to choose her over his climb. Like, I'll give up my climbing career so we can be together. She seemed ridiculously selfish and needy.

All in all, it was an amazing doc. I had sweaty hands throughout the whole film. Even knowing that he accomplishes his goal, it wasn't an easy watch. You could feel the stressful moments for the camera crew as they watched their friend ascend up El Cap. Honestly, that might be the craziest athletic feat I've ever seen.

I haven't watched the doc yet, but watched a few videos featuring him last night on Youtube:

I couldn’t stand his girlfriend. Legitimately hate her. :angry:

Go make your own ****ing movie *****. This ones about my boy Alex :pimp:

Sactowns finest.

I think dude is on the spectrum, there is something slightly different about him.

Yea this was a great doc

I've rock climbed a couple times and it's great.
Ropes of course

I think if you can physically do it you should give it a try at least once.
Even if you fear heights
Alot of people do the indoor thing nowadays I see.
That's good for exercise and building muscle but it's nothing like being out there.

Back
Top Bottom