friend getting sued over minor car accident

laugh.gif
did you just post this on acurazine?

Originally Posted by Dumbfoundead

Originally Posted by aceofjays

Wait, they agreed there was no reason to call the cops, but still exchanged information? Is that how she found him?
[font=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]there was no police report.  they just exchanged numbers.   my friend tried to do the right thing and gave her info when she called[/font]

Im confused, did she call him back in august or just recently. If it was back in August it might be big problem.Most insurances require you report any accident within 48 hrs. I was in a similar situation. Got in minor accident. People in other car claiming all types of bs injuries. Insurance knew it was fraud( accident happened at 15mph, small dent on bumper) and didn't want to pay. Few months go by then I got served with lawsuit claiming damages in excess $250,000. Had be buggin. I called my insurance company and pretty much cused them out and threatened to sue them. They ended up cutting those frauds a $30,000 check in the condition they drop lawsuit against me.Who needs a gun and a ski mask when u got scum bag lawyers and crooked doctors.. God bless America

Wait, they agreed there was no reason to call the cops, but still exchanged information? Is that how she found him?
[font=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]there was no police report.  they just exchanged numbers.   my friend tried to do the right thing and gave her info when she called[/font]

Im confused, did she call him back in august or just recently. If it was back in August it might be big problem.Most insurances require you report any accident within 48 hrs. I was in a similar situation. Got in minor accident. People in other car claiming all types of bs injuries. Insurance knew it was fraud( accident happened at 15mph, small dent on bumper) and didn't want to pay. Few months go by then I got served with lawsuit claiming damages in excess $250,000. Had be buggin. I called my insurance company and pretty much cused them out and threatened to sue them. They ended up cutting those frauds a $30,000 check in the condition they drop lawsuit against me.Who needs a gun and a ski mask when u got scum bag lawyers and crooked doctors.. God bless America

Be careful out there driving. I witnessed a car attempt to hit another car today. Straight out of an insurance fraud handbook. One car speeds through a yellow left turn arrow, only to be caught in the intersection as its green. Another car sees this as the perfect opportunity to speed up and hit the guy.. I swear there are professional scammers on the roads now.

-------------

Regarding this case, Are they suing for doctors bills they've had since this time? If not, how do we know if these injuries didnt come from something else? You need to tell him or ask him for some proof that they have had those hardships since that time. it almost seems safer to call the cops, get insurance involved right away, and cover everything. Don't trust anyones word.
It sounds like they played this off perfectly. Some would argue accident injuries aren't full released until months later. Insurance companies want you to settle right away for a solid figure. Since those means weren't used, LOOPHOLE for them. It reminds me of paypal scammers. They receive the item but since that person didnt use Delivery Confirmation, they can file a claim and win instantly.

Were there photos of the accident? I would maybe even hire a private investigator if the lawsuit amount is substantial, and verify these people are actually injuried.

This could be a long term or a short term scam. Lon term, they didnt want your friend to get anyone involved, so they could go to get massages that would eventually be sued over. Or long term, they go hiking one weekend, get injured, and use a past event they have stashed away, as their cop out. Either way, it is some evil rotten stuff. And in the courts, its not nearly as punished as it should be

Be careful out there driving. I witnessed a car attempt to hit another car today. Straight out of an insurance fraud handbook. One car speeds through a yellow left turn arrow, only to be caught in the intersection as its green. Another car sees this as the perfect opportunity to speed up and hit the guy.. I swear there are professional scammers on the roads now.

-------------

Regarding this case, Are they suing for doctors bills they've had since this time? If not, how do we know if these injuries didnt come from something else? You need to tell him or ask him for some proof that they have had those hardships since that time. it almost seems safer to call the cops, get insurance involved right away, and cover everything. Don't trust anyones word.
It sounds like they played this off perfectly. Some would argue accident injuries aren't full released until months later. Insurance companies want you to settle right away for a solid figure. Since those means weren't used, LOOPHOLE for them. It reminds me of paypal scammers. They receive the item but since that person didnt use Delivery Confirmation, they can file a claim and win instantly.

Were there photos of the accident? I would maybe even hire a private investigator if the lawsuit amount is substantial, and verify these people are actually injuried.

This could be a long term or a short term scam. Lon term, they didnt want your friend to get anyone involved, so they could go to get massages that would eventually be sued over. Or long term, they go hiking one weekend, get injured, and use a past event they have stashed away, as their cop out. Either way, it is some evil rotten stuff. And in the courts, its not nearly as punished as it should be

I hate people who tryna claim money.. but at the time of the accident, acted all friendly as if nothing happened.. they are ok.. but then wanna send a letter notifying a LAWSUIT??? you have to be kidding me.

I hate people who tryna claim money.. but at the time of the accident, acted all friendly as if nothing happened.. they are ok.. but then wanna send a letter notifying a LAWSUIT??? you have to be kidding me.

*any legal advice given by me should not be followed as I am acting as my own entity and only describing what someone would do in this situation*

just ignore it... people who follow up on these suits are the ones who get owned, word to Karl Rove... dude has been sued 2000000 times but nothing ever comes from it.

*any legal advice given by me should not be followed as I am acting as my own entity and only describing what someone would do in this situation*

just ignore it... people who follow up on these suits are the ones who get owned, word to Karl Rove... dude has been sued 2000000 times but nothing ever comes from it.

tell your buddy to contact his insurance and let them handle it.  even if there was no police report they can still sue (and collect)

your buddy's situation is probably going to turn out like what happened to animal323

their attorney will sue, your friends insurance will offer a settlement, they will accept it, your friends premium will go up, end of story.

i had a similar situation where some idiot rear ended me on the freeway when I was at a complete stop.  my wife and a couple of her friends were in the car and ended up with varying degrees of whiplash.  my attorney sued (on our behalf) and her insurance company ended up settling out of court.  got all of our med bills and atty bills paid for, and also some pain and suffering money.

tell your buddy to contact his insurance and let them handle it.  even if there was no police report they can still sue (and collect)

your buddy's situation is probably going to turn out like what happened to animal323

their attorney will sue, your friends insurance will offer a settlement, they will accept it, your friends premium will go up, end of story.

i had a similar situation where some idiot rear ended me on the freeway when I was at a complete stop.  my wife and a couple of her friends were in the car and ended up with varying degrees of whiplash.  my attorney sued (on our behalf) and her insurance company ended up settling out of court.  got all of our med bills and atty bills paid for, and also some pain and suffering money.

Originally Posted by Toy Collector123

you must have terrible credit and have no assets to your name otherwise this is quite possibly the worst advice I have ever seen on NT, and I have seen a ton of bad advice (whip it out, go kill yourself, etc... etc...)

you must have terrible credit and have no assets to your name otherwise this is quite possibly the worst advice I have ever seen on NT, and I have seen a ton of bad advice (whip it out, go kill yourself, etc... etc...)

I do trial prep for insurance companies in the most litigious part of the world (NY's southern district). DO NOT TAKE THIS GUY'S ADVICE.

If you're friend was served with a Summons and Complaint, tell him to forward it to his insurance company immediately. They'll provide a lawyer free of charge. His policy will likely cover whatever the woman is looking for, in the event of a plaintiff's verdict. But he should get his own lawyer to cover the exposure that his policy does not cover. His insurance company will tell him the same thing.

Insurance companies are not easy marks. They'll handle it as long as you cooperate 100%.

You're welcome.

I do trial prep for insurance companies in the most litigious part of the world (NY's southern district). DO NOT TAKE THIS GUY'S ADVICE.

If you're friend was served with a Summons and Complaint, tell him to forward it to his insurance company immediately. They'll provide a lawyer free of charge. His policy will likely cover whatever the woman is looking for, in the event of a plaintiff's verdict. But he should get his own lawyer to cover the exposure that his policy does not cover. His insurance company will tell him the same thing.

Insurance companies are not easy marks. They'll handle it as long as you cooperate 100%.

You're welcome.

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

tell em why you Cosby tho?

i'm old i dont understand your lingo.  please clarify your statement.

Back
Top Bottom