Friend posted that he was killing himself. He says he's still gonna do it

I'm at work right now. I just saw the post. He said he was killing himself tonight. He's deactivated his FB now and wont respond to any messages. I don't know where he is but I can't get in touch with his family either. I'm scared and I dont know what to do. Another buddy went by his house and noones there.

He just told me his mind is made up and he's still doing as soon as he gets the chance. Man, I'm lost. We can get him detained but that's only for a couple days and he'll be back out when he clearly shouldn't be. I don't know what to do fam

Last edited:
Call 911/police and ask them to contact the family.

Also, could you elaborate on why you were unable to contact the family? Are they not answering or is it just because you don’t have their contact info?

Let authorities know any potential places he could be at (work, hangout spot, etc.)

Call the authorities. It may be possible that the family is already involved and is trying to keep the situation as private as possible.

Contact the authorities and maybe put a blast on Facebook for people who know him. Hope he’s bluffing.

Glad he's safe man
Idk what can be done other than get him talkin about what's going on and see if he can open up and expose what's really going on

Sounds like a cry for help.
If he really, really wanted to ended he would have. Hope your friend gets help.

OP updated. Any help is appreciated

If you guys can get him admitted somewhere even if only temporary, it may give enough time for friends and family to plan to get him into a long term in-patient facility

Hope you guys get him on the right path soon

Sounds like a cry for help.
If he really, really wanted to ended he would have. Hope your friend gets help.

Right. One of my best friends suddenly committed suicide last month. No signs of depression or gave any clue he'd ever do such a thing. Life was good for him too and he was getting married in two months. I'm still f'd up thinking about it|l But I hope it works out better for your friend, OP.

Right. One of my best friends suddenly committed suicide last month. No signs of depression or gave any clue he'd ever do such a thing. Life was good for him too and he was getting married in two months. I'm still f'd up thinking about it|l But I hope it works out better for your friend, OP.

damn, that's tough, RIP.

damn, that's tough, RIP.

Thanks, man. It definitely is weird when you talk to someone about your hobbies everyday and they're the exact same way as you and then suddenly, you'll never be able to talk to them ever again. ****'s insane.

Suicide threats are hard to deal with. I mean what now? You baby him for the rest of his life? What type of supports do you offer? Does someone need to be with him at all times? Will medications solve his problem or begin new ones? Millions of questions. It’s just sad all around.

Hope things work out

Back
Top Bottom