Originally Posted by ghettoeinstein

Originally Posted by jumpman247

I'm the most funnest nike troll ever.
grin.gif
What are you implying?

i say what i mean and i mean what i say
What are you an actor or something?

JoeBonnano wrote:
Ben, that last pic... Your chain is obviously fashioned after Pillsbury. I noticed Burn Rubber in Detroit started using the same Pillsbury head, but with one eye X'd and another open. Just wondered if there was any correlation.

On any note, I know you was big with Priority and what not, but could you shed a lil info on two big things my dude was telling me? See, we are from The D, and Tee (my boy) was tryin back in the late 90's early 00's to get in where he fit in in music. He had a couple cats signed under his management and they were cool cats, but nothing really ever materialized. MarvWon is still alive and kicking, but I have no idea whatever happened to Killa Kaunn... Anyway, my question is about something one of them said in a haze of purple smoke one day: Nobody from Detroit will ever get signed for dolo because they are un-insurable.

Now, I don't know how true that is, and how much of it was presidentially fabricated. I was drunk as !#$$ myself at the time, so I may even have heard it wrong. But I've never actually asked anybody about it, save my father, who really knows $%%$ about the music scene in Rap because he's pushin 60 and an old Motown head. But he knows a little, and he said "Proof was a *%$@ but could rap, and Royce is dope, but neither of them really had major deals... and wouldn't have if somebody didn't speak on their behalf". How true you think that is?

And this post has been enlightening to say the least. I'm sure you have a million dope stories to tell, since some of us have 100k, and haven't lead NEARLY the life you have. Your non-fiction is better than most people's fiction (which I believe enPHAN was alluding to with the "Ducktales" comments... I hope that explained it for the uninitiated...)
thats crazy to hear. Im from the D too and for the longest I thought Em was blackballin the whole city. I heard stories of how Blade almost gotsigned but you know how the streets talk. I meet this Entertainment Attorney named Kim Ward and she explained to me the business and how Short Dog was signingto RSMG but that didn't end well she also worked with Jay Dilla. But I am hearing from friends who mess with the Myspace Music scene that some kid whocalls him self The Fresh Prince is supposed to get signed but i don't know about that either.

Ben stop teasing us, give us the good 50 Cent and Tera Patrick stories. Hell anything regarding 50 Cent would be greatly appreciated.

Originally Posted by derrty6232

Originally Posted by franchise3

I been on this site since like '02, and I'm still waiting for Ben to tell more Tera Patrick stories.
nerd.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
what stories?
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

One of his boys used to go out with her and he talked a bit about it in some thread.

Then through all the years dude be posting up pics and telling stories about Tila, Meagan, etc and I'm here rather wanting hear stories about Tera.
laugh.gif
embarassed.gif
nerd.gif

I'm the most funnest nike troll ever.
grin.gif
What are you implying?

i say what i mean and i mean what i say
What are you a thespian or something?
fixed* unlike some of you i respect this craft

Originally Posted by CashoutKeith

thats crazy to hear. Im from the D too and for the longest I thought Em was blackballin the whole city. I heard stories of how Blade almost got signed but you know how the streets talk. I meet this Entertainment Attorney named Kim Ward and she explained to me the business and how Short Dog was signing to RSMG but that didn't end well she also worked with Jay Dilla. But I am hearing from friends who mess with the Myspace Music scene that some kid who calls him self The Fresh Prince is supposed to get signed but i don't know about that either.
According to my folks, the rumor around town back in the day was that you couldn't sign somebody from the City because, if they still stayedthere, it was only a matter of time before something bad would happen to them and there would be a major loss of investment.

Like I said, I don't know how true that was, and we were all either drunk or high (or both) when it was said, so I never really asked anyone. But asit's now almost 10 years later and we STILL don't have anybody out here like that for dolo... It just makes me wonder. Like Marv, Black Milk, QuestMcCody and a bunch of other cats is out here nice, but not one of em has gotten it in in that way. I suppose its connections, but then again, I been inmeetings with some of these guys at times and they are all like "Yeah yeah! Let's DO IT!" and then a couple weeks later its like "Everythingfell through... sorry".

I was just wondering if Senor Baller had ever heard anything of that sort in or around his circles...

my boy Everlast used to date Tera..... then I met her at his videoshoot...... then met her at Sav-On (now cvs) swagger was drippin, so I stepped to her..... 1date and it was on. I never called again, neither did she. then my boy Evan wifey'd her early and cashed in.... thats the bridged story

and I never heard anything about the detroit situation, not in 1994 to 1999, especially since Marshall was signed in 1997ish. JDilla and other cats came outtathere.
MC Breed was from Flint and had a platinum album. but I dunno.

^^^^ Nice name LOL.

The only thing I want to know is if you have any old tapes/CDs of unreleased Pac *!+@.

If so, feel free to share a track or 2 with the NT fam..
happy.gif

Originally Posted by BENBALLER

lol.
I smoked trees with paris over 100x easily.....
just last friday night @ her house for her bday party

anyways.
LA summit will be soon and I wanna do it at the new ESPN zone @ LA Live or maybe even the one at the disneyland or whatever, otherwise, it'll be @ a dodger game for sure in the all you can eat seats.

NYC summit, its gotta be summertime and its gotta be someplace that can hold 50+ heads easy. Henz, help me out with that. you ain't doin !@*$ but color coordinating shoe laces with your beenies

you smoked trees with paris? and u didn't smash?
indifferent.gif

ayo???

Back
Top Bottom