FUNKO POP! VINYL THREAD (FUNTKO FACTION) STRANGER THINGS HAVE HAPPENED...

Ended up grabbin the MJ UNC Walmart off eBay for $20 - Paid the premium markup to not have to chase around town looking for one :smile:

Poeple are disgursting.
Ebay sales for Kobe already hitting 150-200 plus. atleast let the news break worldwide or something...
this **** sucks, im glad i got what I got. sucks i'll never be able to get it signed now.

Can't blame people for prices, market sets the prices. It's supply and demand.

Seems like the demand for artists, actors, musicians, and athletes memorabilia go up when they pass away. I paid premium markups for some Kobe Autograph Memorabilia because it's something I'd love to keep and pass down - it's something you'll no longer be able to acquire new autographs due to his unfortunate passing.

thats not entirely true. yes market sets prices but those were buy it now prices that were marked up to 150-200. Would be one thing if they were auctions hitting that price, causing demand to be at that price. But those buy it now prices were marked up as soon as news broke. had a number of them on my watch list and checked it within a few hours after the news broke and they already skyrocketed.

thats not entirely true. yes market sets prices but those were buy it now prices that were marked up to 150-200. Would be one thing if they were auctions hitting that price, causing demand to be at that price. But those buy it now prices were marked up as soon as news broke. had a number of them on my watch list and checked it within a few hours after the news broke and they already skyrocketed.

Still reasonable IMO. Just because someone sets a Buy It Now price, doesn't mean you have to pay, but everyone has a price they'd be willing to part with something and if it's over market price then most buyers will pass and it won't sell...

I have several pieces of memorabilia or shoes that I wouldn't be willing to part with at market price, but if someone gave me an insane offer over market price then I would absolutely consider selling.

Can't blame people for prices, market sets the prices. It's supply and demand.

Seems like the demand for artists, actors, musicians, and athletes memorabilia go up when they pass away. I paid premium markups for some Kobe Autograph Memorabilia because it's something I'd love to keep and pass down - it's something you'll no longer be able to acquire new autographs due to his unfortunate passing.

I have been looking for a Kobe signed USA 8x10 or 11x17 for years now (Olympics due to my harsh dislike for the Lakers), but havent found one. Going to be virtually impossible now.

I have been looking for a Kobe signed USA 8x10 or 11x17 for years now (Olympics due to my harsh dislike for the Lakers), but havent found one. Going to be virtually impossible now.

I'm sure it's possible, but going to be a lot more than it was a week ago.

I've always been a Kobe fan, but never owned any Autograph Memorabilia. I paid 4x for the same items compared to what they had sold for the week prior.

If you think the market will cool off over time then should wait. If you think the demand will stay high and the supply will be low it's good to grab now. Economics...

Personally
When it comes to autograph stuff I would never buy anything signed. It doesn't feel right that it wasn't me getting that signature. on top of most athletes do it for free.
its a little different when its con people that charge 50-100 that makes sense. still wouldn't do it.

My love for any ((insert star)) i would never go out of my way to pay extra for something.
My point was it's crummy of them to hike up prices MINUTES (not hours) after death. if anything take it off Ebay wait it out then go for it. But I understand people want to make a dollar. and i understand different situation for different people. and ofcourse it hits different for someone you have admiration for. I think auction style would've been better or more respectful

Personally
When it comes to autograph stuff I would never buy anything signed. It doesn't feel right that it wasn't me getting that signature. on top of most athletes do it for free.
its a little different when its con people that charge 50-100 that makes sense. still wouldn't do it.

My love for any ((insert star)) i would never go out of my way to pay extra for something.
My point was it's crummy of them to hike up prices MINUTES (not hours) after death. if anything take it off Ebay wait it out then go for it. But I understand people want to make a dollar. and i understand different situation for different people. and ofcourse it hits different for someone you have admiration for. I think auction style would've been better or more respectful

This.

I'm going to wait til summer because i do have faith funko will make new kobe pops but I think it may be a whole licensing issue with his death.
if they dont by summer i'll buy one of those China fakes for 20 bucks. dont matter to me it's fake i have no plans to resell and its coming out of box

I understand the moral aspect you're getting at, but it's not how the world works.

You can argue this to many different levels about anything.

Why does Nike charge $200 for sneakers that cost a few bucks to make... Because there is a demand for people to pay for it.

If no one purchased Nike shoes for $200, I'm sure Nike would lower the prices and that is what happens with less popular models that go to the outlet. High demand sneakers end up on eBay or consignment shops.

Buyers don't get to dictate what sellers SHOULD offer items for, supply/demand and market dictates the prices these go for.

I just paid $20 (over market price) for the Jordan UNC Walmart funko, because for me it's worth the extra $ to save my time (and gas) driving around to local Walmarts to buy for $8-$10. If it was $100 I probably would suck it up and drive my *** to Walmart.

I have personal autographs or photos with athletes or celebrities, which are Priceless because of the memories of the experience, but I'm also open to collectible autographs as well - It's a piece of history even if it doesn't have the personal sentimental value of getting it first hand.

Anyone have any luck with Walmart Mj? One store had 6+ by me on brick seek but when I went in, they said they haven’t received them yet.

Anyone have any luck with Walmart Mj? One store had 6+ by me on brick seek but when I went in, they said they haven’t received them yet.

thats Walmart employees being lazy. They’re usually the hardest to work with.

I have my two waiting to be picked up but can’t get there until Friday. Checked again online locally for greatabyss43 greatabyss43 and theyre now out of stock.

My friend stopped at one near his house in KY this morning on the way to work. Said they had at least a dozen that he could see. Grabbed us both one and bounced.

Back
Top Bottom