Future: Nike Dunk RETRO SB?

I was online last night, and like most nights I was drooling over past releases that I will just never get my hands on b/c they are too expensive (Heinekens,Denims, Tifs, Futuras, etc.) I think ultimately, Nike SB has to realize what a success the Retro shoes are when they come to market, especially when they seethese kicks going for thousands online. So, 2 questions: 1. Do you think we will ever see Nike Retro SBs? 2. Do you WANT Nike to release retro SBs?

good
e5835ee7e03e5f6b9b6d9078baa893704070ca5.gif
question

i don't think they will retro SBs though ... if they did they would have to slightly change the design like they do with all other retros . i dunno theidea of a retroed SB seems so odd to me
ohwell.gif

Would be pretty good to see some of the older models retroed would be a mad house probably.

i think they will. or, if not retro, release their overstock. they already did it w/dooms and paul ulrichs, i think they're gonna go backwards andrerelease starting with all the newer stuff and eventually getting to silver boxes. idk if they would ever do orange.

^ If you think Nike has that kind of overstock of First-Third series SB, then you are mistaken. They will surely be retroes if they say they are overstocks.

i usually all for retroes of any shoe nike chooses but i'd prefer things to remain untouched in this case

Dude, I'd love to get my hands on some of the first series SB Dunks at a very affordable price. If people don't want them to retro, then they can'treally be shoeheads...

It should be about the shoe itself, not it's value in money.

no need to retro them. if you want them then pay the prices now. retroing them this soon ruins the collectors that bought em since day 1

Originally Posted by Poofyo101

no need to retro them. if you want them then pay the prices now. retroing them this soon ruins the collectors that bought em since day 1
Yup

Just because YOU arent willing to pay 500 dollars for them doesnt mean someone else wouldnt. Id be real *#!@#$* pissed if they retroed the pigeons.

Originally Posted by daffy 016

Yup

Just because YOU arent willing to pay 500 dollars for them doesnt mean someone else wouldnt. Id be real *#!@#$* pissed if they retroed the pigeons.

smh.gif

WOW.... How many times has Nike shown you that they do NOT care about collectors? For some of the SB's, I think that would be a great move. As faras some of the more limited one's, they should be left alone...

i'd LIKE it but honestly you KNOW they'd butcher the quality. Imagine Futuras or made with cheap leather or awful suede. Imagine bucks made with 6.0materials. Imagine Heinekens made with crimson-type construction.

yeah

leave em alone

smh.gif

At these dudes sayin not to retro them and keep them "limited"

Your wats wrong with the shoe industry, its becuase of consumers like you that allow nike to do wateva they please and get awa with it, they can make theugliest shoe on the planet, stick a "limited" tag on them and its a sell out jus because its limited.

I love hienkens, always have, since the first day I saw them, and I have the money to spend on them? Do I want too? No, why? Becuase at the end of the day itsa pair of shoes, not some limited artifact that you guys try to make it seem.

@*@* the "collectors"

The "collectors" would be mad becuase they wouldn't have some exclusive shoe, and wouldn't have these yonug kids droolin at their feet, atthe end of the day it comes down to a *^%" measuring contest to them.

Nike you wanna make some cash? Retro every hyped up shoe ever, make them GRs, cuase I know ill cop 1 or 2 pairs of each

i have always said nike SB will resort to retroes eventually. once the branch starts losing some of its spark, they'll need it just like JB needs it.

They will probably retro them. If they put Dunks up on ID, they will retro SBs one day.
And Nike doesn't care about street prices on shoes. If you bought a shoe for 300 and its worth 600 now,
Nike could care less cuz they aren't seeing any of that.
If anything, that will show them the demand out there for more of those...

You're basically retroing a retro shoe. For the most part, especially with SB's you're talking about shoes only made in the 10's of thousandsand with the OG SB you're talking hundreds at best...it would cause some serious after market price drops for the originals as seen with most of theJordans especially when it comes to the quantity at which they were released. Nike SB is what??? a 5-6 year old Brand? Not to mention the dunk is already astaple shoe as is...It's a double retro...I'm not even sure they'd sell as well as current SB's. You also have to remember the SB market issmall in comparison to the Basketball and running shoe retro market. I live in Ohio and We have a total of 6 accounts in the state. Not to mention the marketfor skate shoes is already heavy, u have DC, Supra, etnies (and the affiliates), osiris, vans, and about 8 other brands with shoes dropping just as frequentlyif not more often than nike SB already does...I find it hard to believe that SB retailers would have the shelf room for nike to have the regular scheduled SBreleases in addition to their staple drops. You're not talking about the 3-4 footlockers in a city or the 20 in the state....selling hundreds ofshoes...you're talking about these little private owned skateshops having a 20-30 shoes styles in limited quantities already. One of the things that makesSB's such a draw is that you either need a tier 0 boutique, SB account as a skateshop, or just know all the right ppl at nike to even land the coveted SBaccount. It's a monopoly that Nike has granted to the small little independent guys so they can compete in the market. So If Nike Does retro SB's inany regularity I can't see it happening anytime soon and I have a hard time believing it will be OD'd like JB.

Your wats wrong with the shoe industry, its becuase of consumers like you that allow nike to do wateva they please and get awa with it, they can make the ugliest shoe on the planet, stick a "limited" tag on them and its a sell out jus because its limited.

Not hating on you at all, bruh. But to be fair, part of what made Nike SB what it is is how limited the availability of any given model is. Yeah back then theydidn't have CCS and activemailorder to dump a couple hundred pairs on at a time, but at the same time. If they mass produced the heinekens most of theselittle punks wouldn't even want them anymore. Not just collectors...but what shoe head wants to see his Tiffany's on closeout at his Local SB shop for49.99 after he paid 499.99 for em? no one! Not to mention when Nike SB's FIRST CAME out.... (philly3511 can vouche), they weren't even as popular asthey are now... most of the people the got the first series weren't paying over retail to get their hands on them, they were just astute enough to see thatthese kicks were kinda special and given were you bought it at...u definitely not gonna run up in the mall and see some hypebeast rocking a fresh pair ofhawaii's...

It would be really nice to retro them at retail for lets say 110. Label them as premiums like Jordan retros.

I wish they would start to retro them. I buy what i like and not what is exclusive. Stupid people that buy the sneaker and hold on to it just to resell for1000s or keep and show off they have it deserve to lose that exclusiveness with a retro.

i could use a pair of retro'd tiffs and bucks.

do i care about the quality? not really, they would be worn and not babied.

For everyone saying not to retro sb's.....look in your mirror and ask why???? Do you not want nike to retro cuz they would make your kicks worth lessmoney???? If so you are in it for the wrong reason....if you think that everyone will have your shoe's and that it makes them not special any more.....nikewould not drop these at footlocker, it would be at skate shops just how it started....this is all hypothetical of course....

I already have alot of these shoes (supremes not included), but you have to look at all the people who want them!!! Let every one who wants a pair get a pair,i am sick of the $1000 plus secondary market ticket on some of these anyways... They are just shoes people, granted they are way more fresh than your averagekicks, but they are just shoes.....would you be upset if Mercedes slashed their prices, do you think owners of skylines are pissed they are releasing a USversion????? Are you pissed when an HDTV goes on sale, then why get mad if your "fashion pieces" are more accessible to more people, you are going tobe OK...

I think alot of you invest to much of your identity into what you wear and not who you are, thats why you dont want this type of thing to happen.....I hopeNike retro's everything and i see my grandfather rocking Pro B lightnings!!! that way all the hypebeast's can find what the next hot thing will be andI can go back to the days of finding sub $100 OG j's on ebay.....

can i get an AMEN????

Back
Top Bottom