FX’s Shōgun Thread - on Hulu and FX.

Can't believe it's over :smh:

It was a poetic ending how it all came full circle for the characters who survived and died. Great show all around with the acting and it did not hold the hands of the Western viewers by refraining from presenting Eastern (mainly Japanese) culture, morals and values.

I'm disappointed the Battle of Sekigahara was not included. I think I would of personally enjoyed the finale more if I was not aware of the historical events revolving around the show/book. It was one of the biggest and most important battles of feudal Japan.

I would of loved to see the face and horror of Ishido learning that the other Regents switched sides mid-battle.

pretty good finale...

what was the point of showing blackthorn old and dying? Not sure what all that was really doing....just to show that he rebuilt the boat and got out?

Yeah, to show that he actually did leave Japan and had some white kids and died an old man... but why did he still have the cross ifhe dropped it in the water? Guess he copped another one or something.

Anyway I LOLed when he tried to get his consort to stay. Shoulda been laying the pipe and she wouldnt have become a nun.

The last episode was titled "A Dream of a Dream" I think those scenes were him dreaming about his legacy at an old age, dying back in England after accomplishing so much in Japan. It all went away at the end when he decided he wanted to off himself and knew he couldn't go back home. That's probably why he ended up tossing the cross in the boat scene with Fuji.

The last episode was titled "A Dream of a Dream" I think those scenes were him dreaming about his legacy at an old age, dying back in England after accomplishing so much in Japan. It all went away at the end when he decided he wanted to off himself and knew he couldn't go back home. That's probably why he ended up tossing the cross in the boat scene with Fuji.

he was still knocked out from the blast. throughout the episode he kept having flashbacks to the blast/dream until he finally dropped the cross in the sea

Yeah, to show that he actually did leave Japan and had some white kids and died an old man... but why did he still have the cross ifhe dropped it in the water? Guess he copped another one or something.

Anyway I LOLed when he tried to get his consort to stay. Shoulda been laying the pipe and she wouldnt have become a nun.
That was Mariko’s cross he got from her last episode before she was about to seppuku herself and he kept it. That was a sign of their spiritual connection

Even though Blackthorne clung onto Mariko's cross in his visions, he actually let go of the real cross in the sea with Fuji. The scenes of him were dreams of being an old man in England but it also signifies that Mariko’s death would have plagued him if he had went back to Englands. That’s what I got out of it

I saw this take on reddit.
Im paraphrasing it.

Before toranaga kills yabu he says " why tell a dead man the future"?

Thats the exact same phrase yabu said to omi about toranaga in episode 1.

So omi was telling toranaga everything.
Yabu realized this and that even his betrayal was part of toranagas plan. He still served his lord and his death had a purpose in the end.

Thats why he smiled, he realized how brilliant of a man his lord was and that he really wanted to be shogun all this time.

The 3rd comment on this video too

Im paraphrasing it.

Yabu realized this and that even his betrayal was part of toranagas plan. He still served his lord and his death had a purpose in the end.

Thats why he smiled, he realized how brilliant of a man his lord was and that he really wanted to be shogun all this time.

Oh yeah the moves were in place as soon as he put Omi in charge of the cannons. Toranaga is pretty much an eloquent/sophisticated sociopath LOL

Im gonna recommend this to my parents but i was just wondering....are there more commercials on the fx app or hulu ?

Fx had an annoying amount.

Im gonna recommend this to my parents but i was just wondering....are there more commercials on the fx app or hulu ?

Fx had an annoying amount.
I don’t think there was any commercials when we watched the last couple episodes on Hulu.

Im paraphrasing it.

Someone said it here too, you can't count on Yabushige, but you can count on Yabushige to be Yabushige. Toranaga knew this, and Yabushige completed Crimson Sky without knowing it by welcoming the Shinobi assassins into Osaka that eventually killed Mariko.

He tried to play the game, but his nephew and Toranaga played it better. The smirk on his face when looking at Toranaga while committing Seppuku was one of the best "aha" moments in TV I have seen.

Bro played the part so good and really made the show into what it really was. Such a ratty ****face, but he exemplifies what many people would do in his situation.

Yabu was the best character in the show by a mile.

Yeah. Dude was really just chillin', overseeing his little fishing village and was just doing what he could to stay alive. Crazy thing is if he would've just chose one side and stuck to it, he'd still be alive.

Yabu was the best character in the show by a mile.
He's top 3 for sure, mans did what most would do to survive/thrive during those times. Japan was wild prior to the Shogun era and folks were being offed left and right.

Back
Top Bottom