FX’s Shōgun Thread - on Hulu and FX.

Can't believe we only have 3 episodes left. The build up has been crazy, Crimson Sky episode has to be the goods...

Hate to break it to you but it’s one and done. They cover the whole book in one season. But there could be hope for small screen adaptations of the authors other works.
I'd imagine it's more likely we'd get prequels exploring a younger Toranaga and his rise to who he is at this point. The scene with them sharing stories of his past around the fire was pretty cool, I'm sure there's a lot they can top into there. Mans was a warlord at 12, that's wild!

I'd imagine it's more likely we'd get prequels exploring a younger Toranaga and his rise to who he is at this point. The scene with them sharing stories of his past around the fire was pretty cool, I'm sure there's a lot they can top into there. Mans was a warlord at 12, that's wild!
If it’s not in the book then I wouldn’t get my hopes up. The current producers said they won’t go beyond the source material.

What’s with the obsession with unaliving yourself on this show?

Mariko explains it pretty clearly Anjin during the earthquake episode. It's just honor superseded everything during that time.

I like how this show uses him to explain the culture differences. But that seppuku from Toranaga's boy was probably one of the most tense scene I ever remember watching. I was fully expecting something to happen to prevent ol' boy from doing it but nope, it went all the way through and then to find out it was part of T's plan was crazy.

Toronaga stopping himself from just balling his eyes out during that scene got me. He knew it needed to happen for Yabashige to flip and head to Osaka to send the message.

We don’t know loyalty and honor like these MFs man…

Mariko explains it pretty clearly Anjin during the earthquake episode. It's just honor superseded everything during that time.

I like how this show uses him to explain the culture differences. But that seppuku from Toranaga's boy was probably one of the most tense scene I ever remember watching. I was fully expecting something to happen to prevent ol' boy from doing it but nope, it went all the way through and then to find out it was part of T's plan was crazy.
And to have your son Back you to take his fathers head

So did the entire season hold up well? On a scale of 1 to 10 with Breaking Bad being 10, how do you rate this show?

If you don't think BB is a 10 you don't have to answer.

9 so far, 2 episodes left....

what makes it even better is, everything is historically accurate....it all happened.

Back
Top Bottom