FX' Fargo Sunday 10PM ET : Season 4 Episode 8 "The Nadir" Starring Chris Rock 11/08/20

They had aliens in like as 2 lol
Yeah :lol: I remember

But this ghost angle particularly came out of left field to me and it was just crazy how it kinda matched the vibe of Lovecraft Country :lol:

Chris Rock's acting was particularly bad this last. B. episode.
I just don't think he has the range to pull off this character.
Its strange cuz I'm particularly enjoying Rock in this role. I like how he has been cast against type and how he's portraying this character.

The scene where he barks on his wife and momma or mother-in-law in particular.

Chris Rock's acting was particularly bad this last episode.
I just don't think he has the range to pull off this character.

When he was fussing at his wife it was hard to take it serious.

I don't think it's his acting as much as him being in a serious role. I keep waiting for the punchline.

When he said you're going to take off your coat and fix me some dinner :rofl:

I don't mind it, his voice is just too distinct.

You never forget it's Chris Rock, and as an actor you need to forget about who's acting in the role, because they're supposed to be playing a character..

Like when the iPhone commercial comes on. That's great, because it makes you notice it. In this, not so much.

It's just like Kevin Hart, they're just too identifiable.

The casting of Schwartzman as Josto makes the Rock casting as Loy Cannon a gem.
Schwartzman is bringing a little Gideon Graves, word to Scott Pilgrim: Rock brings the perfect tone to Loy, that play off compliments both characters in the world of FARGO

I just can't really get into this season for some reason, which sucks since this is easily one of my favorite series going. Just seems really lackluster compared to the others, IMO.

The way Chris Rock yelled at his wife and momma was the best part of the episode. I think the problem with him is that his voice is made for comedy. You can't take him serious for the way he sounds.

Im still waiting for the little girl to blow the whistle on the nurse. Don't know why she didn't tell her father or aunt, but decided to write a letter to the hospital. Hell she could have told the sheriff instead of snitching on her aunts hideout location.

Ready to see this war between the Italians and blacks. I feel like the younger Italian is being too soft on his brother and that's going to lead to him being killed.

I like this season a lot. I don't mind Rock, at times it is weird cause we know him for other roles.

The picture quality is *** though, **** looks like 480p most of the time.

goledensilence goledensilence
That wasn't the Sheriff, that was a US Marshall sent there specifically to find her aunt. He wouldnt have cared about the nurse.

Also, the soft italian is the older brother. And I agree, dude keeps underestimating his younger brother and its gonna get him killed.

Finally caught up with all the episodes.
Chris Rock - he's not doing a bad job, but like many others have pointed out, I just can't get used to him in serious roles. I keep hearing Lil Penny! 😅

Anyway... the show's been great so far. Crazy Italian dude ain't messin' around!
And I dunno if it's been addressed yet, but why did the crazy nurse try to poison the Smutnys? And what happened to Ethelrida's notebook she left in the nurse's house? Also, how did Chris Rock know about that cop's warstory? RIP Clarence Royce.

Finally caught up with all the episodes.
Chris Rock - he's not doing a bad job, but like many others have pointed out, I just can't get used to him in serious roles. I keep hearing Lil Penny! 😅

Anyway... the show's been great so far. Crazy Italian dude ain't messin' around!
And I dunno if it's been addressed yet, but why did the crazy nurse try to poison the Smutnys? And what happened to Ethelrida's notebook she left in the nurse's house? Also, how did Chris Rock know about that cop's warstory? RIP Clarence Royce.
Crazy nurse is crazy so she tries to poison any and everybody :lol: ...I’m sure the book will pop back up at some point, the nurse wasn’t the focus of last episode so it wasn’t addressed

The nurse found the book, she just wasn't in this last episode. Im sure we'll see what she does soon.

Finally caught up with.

Pros

Clarence Royce
Nurse Bae
US Marshall/ Cop Dynamic
The daughter.

Cons

Im not feeling Chris Rock at all.

He cannot portray gangster.

Actually, all the gangsters are trash.

Like like is dudes crazy eyes supposed to intimidate?

Looks goofy and forced.

Then the decide to kill off one of the shows best actors smh.

This nurse is suspected of killing, hadn't for so long but cant help herself and kills the loud dude with gout.

The damn ghost being there for Ethelreida's bday :smh:

Didn't he get a head shot?
Totally looked like but when he landed and they showed his wound it looked like it took out a chunk of the side of his head but didn't penetrate skull.

Crazy cuz it was at a pretty close range.

Last edited:
Told yall bout Satchel becoming Mike Milligan. Dude is gonna resent his family for trading him and choose not to go back.

Knowing Fargo, there might not be anyone to go back to.

Still waiting for the nurse/ethelrida interaction.

Back
Top Bottom