FX' Fargo Sunday 10PM ET : Season 4 Episode 8 "The Nadir" Starring Chris Rock 11/08/20

Finished up quickly, very early, and nicely although some things weren't fully explained to other characters (although they didn't need to).

In the end, Loy wasnt gonna win over the growing more unified la costra nostra.

Saw Loy's death coming. Was hoping Satchel immediately shot her in the head though.

Last edited:
They really focused on Ethelrida like she was someone larger, there an easter egg i'm missing?
I didn't get it either but I might be looking too deep in to what she provided to the overall story.

Story wise she narrated a lot but for the plot she negotiated her fam out of working for free forever and played no part in the finale other than setting it up.

I hated the way Oraetta walked. She snitched quick as hell, no torture or anything. I thought it was weird they gave her bail. I guess it was only attempted murder and they hadn't tied in her other crimes yet.

I was disappointed in what happen to Loy. Just when he thinks, well I'm not going to be the power I wanted to be, but at least I have my family.

Mike Milligan IS Satchel.

I figured it was one.

As soon as I saw Loy happy while looking at his family, I knew he was gonna get killed. I also thought satchel was gonna run and get his gun.

Ethelrida changed every remaining character's life. She got the nurse caught, which led to them finding the ring, which led to Josto and the nurse's own deaths, which lead to Loy getting ****ed over by the mob.

While liberating her own family in the process.

Shes prolly the most important character in this whole story.

Damn... Loy got screwed both by going legit (credit cards) and in crime.
But cool to see Ethelrida playing a pivotal role in the ending of this story and coming out as a winner in all of this.

Overall, I thought this season was just 'ok'. Didn't enjoy it as much as I enjoyed previous seasons.

which lead to Loy getting ****ed over by the mob.
Loy was gonna get screwed by the mob regardless.

The change in approach really represented the Commission cracking down and treating crime like a business despite organized crime being formed back in the 30s.

Hawley just really focused on that fact in the finale but most organized crime shows and movies all tell that story when they deal with another organized crime group even if they have to deal with infighting. They basically have a monopoly on crime and muscle their way in.

I thought Loy was gonna get his melon popped, didn't expect the poking for some reason. Satchel should've popped ol girl, but I guess this was his "payback" for pops giving him to the Italians in the first place. Since the ending was a call back, may have to watch other seasons of the show to catch the Mike Milligan reference.

I thought Loy was gonna get his melon popped, didn't expect the poking for some reason. Satchel should've popped ol girl, but I guess this was his "payback" for pops giving him to the Italians in the first place. Since the ending was a call back, may have to watch other seasons of the show to catch the Mike Milligan reference.
Satchel didn't pay his dad back for trading him man :lol: No magic in that kid's heart about that. Its the game.

Loy was dead. Things going back to normal for that family, Satchel clearly aint have his gun on him if his mom let him kept it.

Can someone jog my memory on to why ol girl would want to kill Loy? I cant remember if he had something to do with chicks getting jammed up in the train station.

Good not great.
Helluva lot better than season 3 for sure.

Mike Milligan & Kitchen bro cameo at the end :nthat:

Not sure if I liked it better than 3. It was just ok to me. IMO it had too many characters, and some wasted ones.

I also had some problems with the casting. I think Glynn Thurman should have been the person in charge and Chris Rock a smaller role.

I was sort of annoyed by Richard's whole role and him being a central character. The war trauma wasn't necessary to me.

I heard they extended the series, that's why a couple of episodes seemed like filler. I think it was only 9 or 10.

Finally got around to watching the finale. Loved the ode to The Godfather with Loy dropping the oranges when he got stabbed. Whole season was really just the origin story of Mike Milligan, with all of the other stuff going on in the season just showing how odd of a world he grew up in. So that's pretty cool in retrospect.

Still think this was the weakest season though. 1 and 2 on their own tier far apart from 3 and 4.

Back
Top Bottom