FYI - Legit Checks

jrose5

Banned
Post on legit checks will be edited, locked or most likely deleted if they are linked to an eBay auction or a variant site.

Post the picture or pictures of the auction and not the auction itself. If they are linked to a variant site, upload them to a neutral server. If they are tagged with the variant site's web address, then make sure to edit it out.

Remember, NikeTalk does not condone in the promotion of fake or variant shoes.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Any questions, comments, or concerns, post them here.

JR5
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Starting for Michigan at forward, a 6-9 freshman from Detroit, MI #4 Chris Webber; at forward, a 6-6 freshman from Austin, TX #21 Ray Jackson; at center, a 6-9 freshman from Chicago, IL #25 Juwan Howard; at guard a 6-5 freshman from Plano, TX #24 Jimmy King; and at guard, a 6-8 freshman from Detroit, MI #5 Jalen Rose. They were known as the "Greatest Class Ever Recruited" or simply known as the Fab Five ~ Mitch Albom [/font]

A legit check on a person doesn't belong in this forum.

Check this post for further review.

JR5
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Starting for Michigan at forward, a 6-9 freshman from Detroit, MI #4 Chris Webber; at forward, a 6-6 freshman from Austin, TX #21 Ray Jackson; at center, a 6-9 freshman from Chicago, IL #25 Juwan Howard; at guard a 6-5 freshman from Plano, TX #24 Jimmy King; and at guard, a 6-8 freshman from Detroit, MI #5 Jalen Rose. They were known as the "Greatest Class Ever Recruited" or simply known as the Fab Five ~ Mitch Albom [/font]

thanks for cracking down on the people that are blowing up auctions.
Eight, boom, boom, my ace boon ****
Shake, bake, skate, vroom, vroom
-Killa

This wasn't intended for those people "blowing up" auctions.

JR5

Quote:
Post on legit checks will be edited, locked or most likely deleted if they are linked to an eBay auction or a variant site.

it may not have been intended, but its certainly affecting people who do blow up auctions when youre deleting them or whatever.
Eight, boom, boom, my ace boon ****
Shake, bake, skate, vroom, vroom
-Killa

how can someone blow up an auction? millions of people browse ebay everyday, if someones going to see something, they'll see it.

For once I agree with this mod.

Bumping it for people to see.

<<[/b]
or​
hit me up​

^^ :lol:
laugh.gif
you don't have to "bump" it up, it's a sticky.

So we can only post the pictures, and not the link to the auction from where the pictures came from? Is that right?

When someone is checking to see if something is legit (an eBay auction for instance), they are somehow condoning fakes even though they are doing their best to prevent themselves from buying them?

What if those said pictures looked legit and in fact are legit, but the seller has been known to sell many fakes, and somebody or perhaps a lot of people know that. But the buyer doesn't. All that NT will see is pictures of what appear to be real shoes, he bids thinking it's okay, but because the seller wasn't mentioned or shown, he's screwed.

Seems like this topic is getting beaten to death here. But it also seems like NT is making it worse because people are now going to be "breaking the rules" when they want to prevent themselves from buying a fake.

Granted, most of the time, if the picture is real, the seller is legit. But that's not all times. A lot of people out there jack pictures just as they would jack a tangible item. They claim it as theres simply because they know that if they put up a fake picture, nobody will bid. So how is ONLY posting up the picture going to help that aspect?

Alas, it does kind of seem like this is to stop people from "blowing up auctions", whatever that means. If it does have anything to do with that, which it was stated it doesn't, then that's kind of .... well ..... yea. Ebay is watched daily by millions of people. I hate people who say "take the link down, people might see". Ebay is HUGE. It's like eliminating .04% of the total people watching it and thinking you are better off because of it. NT is nothing when it comes to big auctions. Granted, if it says "RED JOIRDAN FOUR NEVER WORN" then that's different. But I have seen that very few times. Most of the time, it's like "ORIGINAL JORDAN IV FIRE RED 1989 DS Sz 9.5 xi i v" ....

Anyway, sorry for the rant, it just seems as if maybe there are too many rules as of late and people might start just saying screw it and stop asking for legit checks. Maybe not. Maybe I'm crazy.

But anywho, I'll go my own way now.

babydill.

It's Christmas Time Round Here 24/7

ing for Michigan at forward, a 6-9 freshman from Detroit, MI #4 Chris Webber; at forward, a 6-6 freshman from Austin, TX #21 Ray Jackson; at center, a 6-9 freshman from Chicago, IL #25 Juwan Howard; at guard a 6-5 freshman from Plano, TX #24 Jimmy King; and at guard, a 6-8 freshman from Detroit, MI #5 Jalen Rose. They were known as the "Greatest Class Ever Recruited" or simply known as the Fab Five ~ Mitch Albom [/size][/b][/size][/color][/font]

Word. Thank JRose. Not trying to be a jerk about it, but I think you know that though.

Hope it gets resolved. Fakes are turning into a major hassle lately. It's getting to the point where the fakes are almost on point with the real thing. I do respect how NT is trying to wipe the slate clean of all of it, but just think a few things should be changed is all.

Take care.

babydill.

It's Christmas Time Round Here 24/7

Well, checking to see if the shoe is legit and if the seller is legit are obviously two different questions and we require them to be posted in two separate forums.

So, a user can still check if a shoe is legit and post a link to the thread in the General forum where they ask if the seller is legit and vice versa. The user can even post the seller's name in the thread where they're checking up on the shoe.

I don't know who came up with the idea of prohibiting a link to the auction, but I figure it prevents a member of NT from blowing up their own auction (read: selling in the wrong forum).

Back
Top Bottom