Galaxy 10.1 Tab or iPad 2?

i disagree... the ipad 2 is a good tablet because of the battery power, speed, easy to use and its reliable... the only downfall about it is no flash and its overpriced... great tablet but 500 really?

Tablets are essentially multimedia devices, why buy one that lacks Flash when so much of the great multimedia content on the web is Flash based?

I know a lot of people dissatisfied with the lack of Flash on their iPads, especially when there is no real reason for it.

Plus the Tab is a lot more "customizable" and has arguably better hardware.

Asus Transformer or Acer Iconia imo. I know that does not answer your question but in reality you get way more with the two, such as outer ports on the sides of the tablets and in the transformer's case and dock keyboard. Also for a way lower price than either a Tab or iPad.

My brother has an iPad that his office gave him as a bonus, so I've played with it extensively and it's fun, nice, and what not. I'm just not too learned on Android tablets and your personal experiences are good to read, so keep'em coming.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Completely false. Like I've said before, I've encountered no more than 3-4 websites in which I cannot visit due to flash. At the end, it was no big deal. I am able to go to practically all of the necessary websites I go to on a daily basis. Plus flash depletes batteries so quick, I don't have to charge the ipad frequently.
I have the iphone and ipad2 and there is a big difference between the two. Just for travelling alone, web browsing on the ipad2 is much better. Plus watching movies, reading a book and drawing are just a few things that are better on the ipad than the iphone.

Maybe it was just me. But when I tried visiting sites like NBA.com, Autoblog, they never loaded properly.

Personally, I feel like the iphone/ipod touch is just as good as the ipad. I've used an ipod touch and my Droid Incredible for long periods of web browsing, the size really isn't an issue. Same with the movies. As for reading books, I try not to do that on any electronic device.

Apart from itunes syncing though, I don't see the benefits of the ipad over a comparable Android tablet though.

Browsing NBA.com and autoblog right now and no problems at all. Just found out Autoblog actually has an iPad app now too.

Honestly, I'm not even a big Apple fan but I am happy with mine. If I were given a choice, I might have gotten a Thrive though simply because of the USB and sd card slot, I don't mind it being thicker and heavier either.

I bought the iPad 2 and took it back. The camera is crap and my primary use for it was web browsing...which is obviously crippled without flash.

I went with the Toshiba Thrive. It has ports for days.

Originally Posted by scshift

I might be in the minority but I think iPads are are redundant and useless, especially if you already own an ipod touch or iphone.

They really are just an oversized version of the ipod touch, and I think that every tablet should have excellent web browsing since it's one of their core functions. With that said, the iPad does not offer flash, which means it's browsing is seriously crippled.

A lot of people who buy iPads are either Apple fanboys or just people who didn't do a lot of market research and bought whatever seemed cool/popular at the time.

this

Galaxy >>>>>>>>>>
pimp.gif

My main thing is photography. Can I connect my cam or insert my SD card in either, edit pics and upload to flicker then blog On both? Which ever can do that would be the one I cop. Any help?

Originally Posted by scshift

I might be in the minority but I think iPads are are redundant and useless, especially if you already own an ipod touch or iphone.

They really are just an oversized version of the ipod touch, and I think that every tablet should have excellent web browsing since it's one of their core functions. With that said, the iPad does not offer flash, which means it's browsing is seriously crippled.

A lot of people who buy iPads are either Apple fanboys or just people who didn't do a lot of market research and bought whatever seemed cool/popular at the time.

What's wrong with it being a isn't iPod touch/iPhone? You can't comfortably browse the Internet on your iPhone. Netflix is 100x better on the iPad, as is every other video viewing app. Reading magazines/news on an iPad is a lot more enjoyable than an iPhone. It's like saying a 60" tv is a giant 32" tv. Yes, it is, and it makes a world of difference.

There are browsing apps that let you use flash, but for 95% of my use I don't encounter any problems when I use safari.

People who buy the Android tablets are generally people who focus on the specs of the device but forget to focus on the most important thing - it's actual usability. I find using my iPad to be a lot more enjoyable to use than any other device I've tried.
Anyways, I've accepted I'm a huge Apple fanboy so of course I'll out in my 2 cents for the iPad.

Not an apple fanboy at all, but I'm upgrading to the iPhone 5 as soon as it releases. In addition to this, I'll probably get the iPad 2 as a gift for the girl to go with it. Mainly for Facetime..
laugh.gif
, am I doing it wrong?

No really though..I'm leaning more towards the apps, that's where the market is.

I'm not an Apple fanboy either. In fact I'm an Android phone user. But the info you guys give is good.

Being a person who has an evo 4g, nexus s, galaxy tab 10.1 and 1st ipad; id vote for ipad 2. Ive had mine since it first came out and love it. Only reason i have a tab is because it came free with the 55" 3d tv i bought. App store is much better, os is cleaner. Apps get written for ipad first then android second, maybe.

Originally Posted by runzombierun

Being a person who has an evo 4g, nexus s, galaxy tab 10.1 and 1st ipad; id vote for ipad 2. Ive had mine since it first came out and love it. Only reason i have a tab is because it came free with the 55" 3d tv i bought. App store is much better, os is cleaner. Apps get written for ipad first then android second, maybe.
This is what I'm seeing. The Apps are what make the device and, to be frank, I don't think the Android Market has anywhere near the selection of apps that the App Store has. I'm still in school so things that could help with that would be nice.
Thoughts?

Also wanted to know the battery life of you Android tablet users vs. those of you who use the iPad 2

Jail Broken ipad 2 > any tablet on the market

Read this on a blog

It is not to create content but to properly manage it.
I think people have a misconception of what a tablet is.  It is to manage your content not create it.  I literally read flipboard every day for a while.  I browse the CNN app every day.  It organizes everything i need extremely easily and makes it very easy to use.

Not to mention all of the great games.  Hours wasted on World of Goo, Real Racing, Final Fantasy, Pirates etc.

Ive found the battery life to be fairly similar between my ipad and my tab. both are roughly 9 hours or so with video running on flights. Maybe a little less if its continous watching. Another thing to consider, apple updates iOS then all ipads get the updates. Android gets an update and its a guessing game for months on which device is going to get it and when.

Originally Posted by runzombierun

Ive found the battery life to be fairly similar between my ipad and my tab. both are roughly 9 hours or so with video running on flights. Maybe a little less if its continous watching. Another thing to consider, apple updates iOS then all ipads get the updates. Android gets an update and its a guessing game for months on which device is going to get it and when.
The updating is something I've considered as well (if NT hasn't caught on, I'm a very cautious buyer). Apple does many things right, but leaves you wanting in other areas. The Android platform is open and what-not, but the market for tablets is in the iPad and that's where developers are spending most of their resources.
It's a tough issue for somebody who isn't tethered to either side!

Ive owned the iPad 1 and currently own the iPad 2 and no flash hasn't been a problem at all. At first its in your head like "ZOMG NO FLASH!!! DIIIE!!" but you dont even notice it. It's the best selling tablet so a lot of sites are becoming more iPad friendly. It's a rare instance if I come across a site that requires flash.

I like mine because of the design, battery life, its super fast and of course the apps.

Now if you want to go the non Apple route I'd definitely go with the 10.1. That's the only other tablet that can match up against the iPad 2. But in the end brah it all comes down to what you like.

Good luck!

I'm a big Google user. what's the integration like for current iPad users? And what about when iOS 5 comes out?

IMO, iOS is a much more polished and refined OS than Android.  True with Android you get the latest features but at what cost?  It affects the usability, battery life, user experience, etc.  For now, there are a lot more "iPad only"  apps that are available as compared to Android Tablet apps.  

i am using my ipad1 more than my ipad2
the ipad is a useless device unless it is jail broken and the latest update makes it impossible to jb.
personally having no flash doesnt bother me
ill give the edge to the galaxy tab for beefier specs

but since its for you and your WIFE, i recommend the ipad instead.

Back
Top Bottom