Game of Thrones prequel series: House of the Dragon

1661228809928.png

One episode in and a Stark man is already killed off

There is at least one bad *** Stark during this time. Don’t look him up tho (spoilers).

The dragons are basically WMDs.

To follow up, I thought the series premiere was pretty damn good. It got to the point.

The writers and producers have made it clear that House of the Dragon is going to be a lot more of the **** that everyone loved about Game of Thrones (wars of succession, political maneuvering, and the idea anybody could get it at any time) and a lot less of the **** that everyone hated about Game of Thrones (the later seasons).

Like most people, I wasn't that excited about this new series after the old series left me with a bad taste in my mouth.

I'm officially all in on House of the Dragon.

I still want limited series for Robert's Rebellion and Dunk & Egg.

That's what I actually thought this show would be about but I guess not. How many kings away was the one in the beginning to the mad King in GOT? Two Generations?

Gonna need to turn on the subs and re-watch this without the kids playing in the background again:lol:

Last edited:
I think one important thing that Viserys said in the dragon tomb is that every Targaryen king is passed the prophecy of the Long Night and the white walkers coming, and a Targaryen needs to be on the throne when that happens. It something that wasnt really known until now and it changes how you see how they rule. The song of ice and fire mention was more than just a fun easter egg, it really hammers home the importance of the original story of Jon Snow and how he was the chosen one. Stark/Targaryen blood to lead through the long night. Just something to look into

It seemed like the dragons had been gone for a really long time when GoT took place

Not just 170 years or whatever they're saying it was

I guess 170 is kind of long but I was thinking it was at least several hundreds of years

It seemed like the dragons had been gone for a really long time when GoT took place

I guess 170 is kind of long but I was thinking it was at least several hundreds of years

I was thinking that too but then I remembered nobody even knew what the force and Jedi's where in the first SW and they were just at their prime 20 years earlier:lol:

Several hundred years would make dragons complete myths akin to the real world.

170 is about right to see them as extinct in GoT.

It is a fact in historical terms that the only reason the Targeryns took over the 7 realms is cuz they had dragons every generation.

When Daenerys woke the dragons up after receiving the 3 eggs as gifts, I could have swore she said something about 200 years.

-foe

When Daenerys woke the dragons up after receiving the 3 eggs as gifts, I could have swore she said something about 200 years.

-foe
Rounding up by 50-60 years?

Bet we see the last dragon get killed by like Ned Stark or someone that was in their 30s in GOT :lol:

There's no way they'd do that. No freaking way.

-foe
How many times did we say "there's no way they'd do that" during GoT? (in a bad Bran-is-now-king way, not a red wedding for-the-story way)

Luckily those idiots that helped the original aren't involved here.

I was thinking that too but then I remembered nobody even knew what the force and Jedi's where in the first SW and they were just at their prime 20 years earlier:lol:

Reminds me of a conversation I had with my 7-year old son not too long ago. Found an old VHS of Toy Story and Aladdin I had and I showed it to him...Explained this is how we use to watch movies at home back in the day. I might have as well pulled out a damn dinosaur bone the way he looked at me :lol:

I also found a cassette of 2Pac and showed him this is how we use to listen to music...this foo said "this is how you guys listened to music in the 1900's?" :lol: bruh

Help me with the timing......will we see how the Night King was made, (again) or does that go even further back than this current timeline?

we gonna have book discussions in here?? just want to get ahead of it lol We had two threads for Game of Thrones. Do we need to do that for this series too?

Back
Top Bottom