Game - Uncle Otis

Originally Posted by JordanFan04

But yall really gonna act like he didn't go in though?

its cool to not have your own opinion... this is NT
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Peep Game

The only thing more wack than Big Sean's ad-libs is Game imitating Big Sean's ad-libs.
Im surprised nobody is talkin bout Big Sean especially since he's making fun of his hook, ad-lib and in one of his verses (Tell Sean that Beni-han dont serve Wonton
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
). The fact that this is instantly labeled a Jay-Z diss already motivates hate, this for lulz. 

[h1]Game Speaks On Making "Uncle Otis," Says He's Prepared If Jay-Z Strikes Back[/h1]
by Jake Paine

posted July 22, 2011 at 2:39PM PDT | 34 comments

2-2-1-Game-Hangover_Pushed_Back-hhdx.jpg

Exclusive: Game says he made "Uncle Otis" less than 24 hours ago, and explains why he felt the need to break his promise to leave Jay-Z out of his verses.

Just over an hour ago, Compton, California's Game released "Uncle Otis" [img]http://cdn.hiphopdx.com/images/play_button_article_blk.gif[/img], a diss track aimed at Jay-Z, who with Kanye West, released "Otis" [img]http://cdn.hiphopdx.com/images/play_button_article_blk.gif[/img] to the radio and Internet Wednesday (July 20) evening. Moments later, Game spoke with HipHopDX, explaining the song's role within a five-plus-year back-and-forth relationship between the Black Wall Street founder and the head of Roc Nation.

"The same thing that happens every time I drop a diss record is what's happening with 'Uncle Otis', which is nothing but love. You've got those people who are totally biased towards loving Jay-Z, and I don't have no problem with that, 'cause that's cool. I expected that," admitted Game. "Then you've got Game fans who love me and are gonna side with me. Then you've also got people who are just gonna say the real. The real is that the track is *+*##!' dope and the $!+# is funny."

As the emcee was in a jovial mood today, he was asked if antics like this are intended to make Hip Hop fun for the fans. "Every now and then, $!+# needs to be shaken up. Hip Hop is cool in the club, but in the daytime, we're *+*##!' bored. We need substance. That's really no shot at nobody, that's really just my sentiments. During the day, we're goin' through our life and we don't have anything real to bump except our classics, which is [Notorious B.I.G.], 2Pac, [Dr.] Dre, Snoop [Dogg], the list goes on. Then at night, you can get your fix if you go to the club or you've got your radio on," noted Game. "Every now and again, you've got to shake it up, and I've always been that dude. I think I'm gonna continue to be that dude throughout the duration of my career."
[h2]Game Explains When He First Heard Jay-Z & Kanye West's "Otis"[/h2]
Having been overseas earlier in the week, Game admitted that it had been less than 24 hours since he heard the album cut from Watch The Throne. "I never heard the original 'Otis' until I drove up to the studio [last night]. I heard everybody bigging it up." Game acknowledged the song's appeal in saying, "On XM, I heard 'Otis' and was like, 'This $!+# is pretty cool. I wanna rap on it for the mixtape.' DJ Skee couldn't find the instrumental 'cause it had only been out for a day. So we called Mars, who [remade] the beat, and I just snapped on it."

In making "Uncle Otis," Game recognizes that he's falling back on his word to stop dropping verbal barbs at Marcy Projects' native son. "I contemplated, 'Damn, I went at Jay; I said I was off of that.' %%#+ it. I'm me. I'm Game. I do what I do." He continued, "I just had fun, man. Anybody that want a problem, or wants to say somethin' on a record, you know it's gonna get a response, so watch yaself." Game previously worked with Kanye West on his own hit "Dreams," as well as on 'Ye's "Crack Music."
[h2]Game Weighs In On If Jay-Z Will Respond To His Diss[/h2]
Before even being asked about it, Game spoke on the prospects of Jay-Z replying, something that's been interpreted through subliminal lines and songs since 2005's "Dear Summer." "With Jay, I've been tryin' to coax him into sayin' somethin' or doin' somethin'. But he's smart, and I don't think he'll jump out the window like that. Plus, I'm prepared for it." Game added with a laugh, "With his age and where he's at with his career, he might be too reserved to entertain [a challenge], and I respect that."

Noting that he pushed the envelope forward, Game declared, "I just did a single to a mixtape to promote my album. It's business; it ain't personal."

Game's R.E.D. album is planned for August 23 release, with a promotional mixtape in the next two weeks.

SMH at this guy talking about how hip-hop needs "substance" and then he drops this track?! SMH at this dude he is clearly bi-polar and lame. Documentary is a dope album but this guy is just a gimmick name dropping diss rapper now. It's truly sad because he has more talent this but sadly the best of Game that we will see is him constantly taking shots at Jay's age.

Did it ever occur to this dude that he'd probably be better served putting that energy into making hot music (which he ain't done in a minute) instead of old, tired diss records that people don't care for?

But then again, he'll probably apologize for this tomorrow anyway. Then write another 50 Cent diss record.

This actually might be a good move. He has people talking and at the end of the day that's what he wants. When's the last time a Game thread went 3+ pages?

^Not at all. I'm pretty sure some time last year or in '09 he up and dissed Curtis or Yayo or Buck just cuz and there was a thread and nothing came of it but talk. Talk don't get your albums bought.

laugh.gif
The industry must be crazy if there's dudes like Game in it. Just up and diss a $@%#! just to have "fun" Who cares if he was working with his homey last week, he still ready to respond to a reply. Instigating for years in hopes of a battle.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

^Not at all. I'm pretty sure some time last year or in '09 he up and dissed Curtis or Yayo or Buck just cuz and there was a thread and nothing came of it but talk. Talk don't get your albums bought.

laugh.gif
The industry must be crazy if there's dudes like Game in it. Just up and diss a $@%#! just to have "fun" Who cares if he was working with his homey last week, he still ready to respond to a reply. Instigating for years in hopes of a battle.
In some sense I can respect what he does because rap is stagnant right now and everyone's a **** rider. On the other hand it's just corny that he wants to start %%@! and not have it mean anything. 

dude's album been pushed back so many times he's delirious 
laugh.gif

so this is what ___'s resort to now for a release date?

Originally Posted by K Town Trash

i dont give a damn what yall say. red album is gonna be
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

This
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
Typical NT, dudes overreacting when somebody steps outside the box......yes THIS is wack, but some of these comments are OD

He's hoping Jay responds since he's dropping WTT soon, so that'll be Games chance to get some buzz (since he has almost none)

If that's the case he hasn't learned anything from when he was with GUnit and then watching Curtis fail with that strategy.

Originally Posted by gunnascott

Does son even have a release date?
August 23rd.

If Jay-Z wasn't targeted everyone would be posting
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Hip hop fans are fickle as hell especially all of these lame #@# bloggers who hope to get an invite to future Jay-Z events. When a "legend" gets targeted everyone gets mad.

Everyone is too buddy buddy in hip hop. This ain't AAU Basketball.

Did it ever occur to this dude that he'd probably be better served putting that energy into making hot music (which he ain't done in a minute) instead of old, tired diss records that people don't care for?
Oh? If Interscope let him have his way, Purp and Patron would have been the RED Album and if you were paying attention that mixtape (free album) was praised by bloggers.

Most of y'all haven't listened to a Game track since LAX and are making yourselves look stupid right now. Real stupid.

Plus he didn't even this all of those people these bloggers said he did.

Y'all haven't learned Game's style yet? Just because he refers to you doesn't mean that he dissed you. Go back to 300 bars and running if you forgot.

That wasn't a Tyler the Creator diss, 50 diss or Frank Ocean diss. What are you listening to?

Originally Posted by Furrell

August 23rd.

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Hip hop fans are fickle as hell especially all of these lame #@# bloggers who hope to get an invite to future Jay-Z events. When a "legend" gets targeted everyone gets mad.

Oh? If Interscope let him have his way, Purp and Patron would have been the RED Album and if you were paying attention that mixtape (free album) was praised by bloggers.

Most of y'all haven't listened to a Game track since LAX and are making yourselves look stupid right now. Real stupid.

This
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Furrell

August 23rd.

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Yes, because putting out a mixtape that SOME of the niche-specific, hip-hop computer bloggers of the world liked definitely deserves praise. Congrats for being the west coast's Joey Budden - except you WEREN'T that, and you were on the pop/hip-hop charts in the mid 2000s. Game is better than that.I think alot of the fans are just fed up with the nonsense from dude. I get the Jay/G-Unit beef, you don't like em. Thanks for establishing that, backtracking later, then establishing that again (and repeat) for the millionth time...now where's the actual music?

Back
Top Bottom