Games that the "better" team did not win. Vol.Playoff & Championship Games/Series

What are some of your best examples of games/series in which the best team did not win? NBA, NFL, MLB, NHL

I made this thread on the day that the NBA Finals begin, which happen to be a rematch of the 2006 Finals. 1 that I don't believe the best team won.
So from any sport, post examples of championship or post-season games/series that you don't believe the best team won

My example:

2008 NCAA Basketball Championship. Kansas vs Memphis
Mario+Chalmers,+Kansas,+vs.+Memphis+at+San+Antonio,+Texas,+April+7,+2008+(Getty+Images).jpg

Not taking anything from that Kansas team, because they were great. But I always felt that, that Memphis team was superior & it's no secret that if not for an All-Time meltdown in the last minute, memphis would've won that game.

What are some of your best examples of games/series in which the best team did not win? NBA, NFL, MLB, NHL

I made this thread on the day that the NBA Finals begin, which happen to be a rematch of the 2006 Finals. 1 that I don't believe the best team won.
So from any sport, post examples of championship or post-season games/series that you don't believe the best team won

My example:

2008 NCAA Basketball Championship. Kansas vs Memphis
Mario+Chalmers,+Kansas,+vs.+Memphis+at+San+Antonio,+Texas,+April+7,+2008+(Getty+Images).jpg

Not taking anything from that Kansas team, because they were great. But I always felt that, that Memphis team was superior & it's no secret that if not for an All-Time meltdown in the last minute, memphis would've won that game.

Let me ask your opinion of "series." If it's a best of 5/7 format, I'm usually under the impression that the best team will ALWAYS come out on top no matter what the seeding. Do or die type scenarios (NCAA Tourney, NFL Playoffs, etc), you can have these cinderella type of upsets and not always have the best team win. Anyone else with me on that?

Let me ask your opinion of "series." If it's a best of 5/7 format, I'm usually under the impression that the best team will ALWAYS come out on top no matter what the seeding. Do or die type scenarios (NCAA Tourney, NFL Playoffs, etc), you can have these cinderella type of upsets and not always have the best team win. Anyone else with me on that?

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I agree except for best of 5.  I think you have more "upsets" in those shorter series.  Even if the road team splits, all it has to do is hold home field and they win, you know?  I feel like that the better team wins 90% of the time in a 7 game series.

Back
Top Bottom