Gas Prices

I take the LIRR and subway to work everyday. We haven’t had a fare increase in more than 2 years. Hopping it stays that way, and they don’t use this surge in gas prices as an excuse to indirectly raise fares.
Started doing the same, and hope my monthly will be the same once East Side access opens and won’t have to worry about taking the 7 and congestion pricing.

Chevy Cruze was the highest selling car after 2008 because it was fuel efficient and eventually because sales dipped Chevy canceled the production. Now everyone and their grandma in a truck or SUV and complaining about gas. If you could afford that truck and didn’t think of the chance of oil spiking then I really don’t feel bad soft you. I would say less than 10% of the people with trucks actually need them for anything. See too many raptor pickups in NYC for no damned reason. I told my uncle who has a BMW M, you wanted that gas guzzler, enjoy it now. He ordered a fisker :lol:

Chevy Cruze was the highest selling car after 2008 because it was fuel efficient and eventually because sales dipped Chevy canceled the production. Now everyone and their grandma in a truck or SUV and complaining about gas. If you could afford that truck and didn’t think of the chance of oil spiking then I really don’t feel bad soft you. I would say less than 10% of the people with trucks actually need them for anything. See too many raptor pickups in NYC for no damned reason. I told my uncle who has a BMW M, you wanted that gas guzzler, enjoy it now. He ordered a fisker :lol:
I remember everyone even 2008 presidential candidates talking about ways people could lower their gas demand.

Stop buying SUVs were at the top of the list.

As soon as the prices went back down a lot of Americans fell into the same dumb habits

So many dudes at my job own F-150s, and the most hauling they do is buying potting soil from Home Depot. Of course, that all in our Team meetings crying about gas

Queens NY, Rockaway and South Conduit

This was last week on 3/14 and only had about 60 miles to go before E and that's the lowest I've let my tank go since I got it.

2020 Stormtrooper 4runner

Went today to fill up and only needed about 4-5 gallons so it was like $18-19 total. Cost Went down a little to 4.33

Also I hear what you guys are saying about SUV and trucks but as long as I can afford and help it I'm not going back to a car. I don't like being in cars anymore.

20220314_183133.jpg

I mean I have an SUV as well and don’t like sedans either. But I knew what I was getting into. Paying $75 for a tank is whatever, I’ve made a conscious choice.

I remember everyone even 2008 presidential candidates talking about ways people could lower their gas demand.

Stop buying SUVs were at the top of the list.

As soon as the prices went back down a lot of Americans fell into the same dumb habits

So many dudes at my job own F-150s, and the most hauling they do is buying potting soil from Home Depot. Of course, that all in our Team meetings crying about gas

I saw something rather funny (sad rather) on Instagram. One of my friends posted a pic of a meme of a Starbucks with about 12-15 cars in line. It said something to the effect of anyone who is complaining about gas prices going up, while in line in their vehicle idling & waiting for their $5 Starbucks drink every day should not complain. One thing is a necessity and the other isn't. Kinda fits the time.

Same with people who buy trucks NOT for their interest purpose (meaning daily driver not used for functionality) and complain about their mileage. You knew what they got when you bought it. This reminds me of "Cash for Clunkers" in 2009 all over again.

@ Shell- Hillside & 188th, Queens. Just pumped up the Challenger. God Bless the V8 💪. Def not the worst prices compared to what's been posted in this thread recently, lol.
20220319_101639.jpg
20220319_101637.jpg

You’d think less cars would be on the road with these high prices but nice weather had everyone out it seemed yesterday

Its the start of spring, weather starting to get nice so people wanna be out. Wait til mid spring or late spring, the wanna be outside fever gonna subside and people gonna be like eff that. :lol:

@ Shell- Hillside & 188th, Queens. Just pumped up the Challenger. God Bless the V8 💪. Def not the worst prices compared to what's been posted in this thread recently, lol.
20220319_101639.jpg
20220319_101637.jpg

Idk why, maybe cause college days when didnt have enough bread to fill up, but I never actually put a full tank in when I gas up even if I have the means. I always just throw in $20-$30 at a time. :lol: Sucks cause I find myself at the gas station more but its been a (bad) habit of mine forever.

Idk why, maybe cause college days when didnt have enough bread to fill up, but I never actually put a full tank in when I gas up even if I have the means. I always just throw in $20-$30 at a time. :lol: Sucks cause I find myself at the gas station more but its been a (bad) habit of mine forever.
Funny you mention that because I know a lot of people who do this lol. A former co-worker would pump $10 worth of gas on a daily(I never understood why) & my dad does the same as you- he'll get half way empty & pump. Very rarely does he fill up a full tank or let his cars tank come close to E. Even Shaq has gone IN on this topic with his TNT crew lol. I guess if you pump half only every time your pockets feel the pinch a little less. I kind of see why people do it.

Funny you mention that because I know a lot of people who do this lol. A former co-worker would pump $10 worth of gas on a daily(I never understood why) & my dad does the same as you- he'll get half way empty & pump. Very rarely does he fill up a full tank or let his cars tank come close to E. Even Shaq has gone IN on this topic with his TNT crew lol. I guess if you pump half only every time your pockets feel the pinch a little less. I kind of see why people do it.

I remember that. Shaq was making no types of sense but I get it at the same time. :lol:

$10 is crazy though unless she got a Prius or something.

Got a hybrid wrangler and really didn't bother with charging my car initially, but Gas prices have kind of forced me to see what this is about,

and I kind of...don't want to go back to anything else :lol: :lol: kind of convenient ngl

My daily commute doesn't extend past 20 miles during the week, and all of my destinations that I typically go to during the week has a chargepoint station. Has helped a ton.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom