Gas Prices

i-am-legend-will-smith.gif
$7.39

idk but pumping 87 is crazy to me

Unless you have a car that specifically needs premium to run like a German import, Premium is a waste of $

Exactly. Most new cars have sensors to adjust to the octane used. Example, all normal Ford EcoBoost motors can run on 87 or greater. The reported HP is with 91 octane but when one wants to run 87, the sensors adjust and you lose about 10 HP on the normal engines but they run fine. And that very small hp lose won't be noticable at all.

Like biggie62 biggie62 said, it's a total waste to run ANYTHING over 87 if you don't need it. You can run 89 one a month, one fill to clean things out, but to pump higher grade than needed...total waste of $$$.

That's where the two words have meaning. "Recommended" vs "Required". All the normal vehicles with the EB motors when I sold them, said "recommended" in the brochure (and some inside the gas door or on the door jam) but vehicles like the Shelby GT350/GT500 and F150 Raptors had "Premium fuel (91+) required" directly on the gauge cluster or on the inside of their gas doors.

My Mustang is tuned for 93. Won't run right with anything less. My Fusion Hybrid. I'll never run any more than 87. 👍 Save yourself some money if your able to use a lower grade lil black jean jacket lil black jean jacket

Filled up my car last night, $6.97 in Los Angeles. Perfect timing, we just got noticed that we need to go back into the office next week. Oh great.

I assumed that was a shot at driving cars that don't need premium

I don't think people are putting premium in cars that don't need it

The opposite definitely occurs though and especially at these prices :lol:

I thought the dates were old on these prices. Didn’t know y’all was still getting taxed like that out west. I paid $3.59 the other day at the Royal Farms by MGM National Harbor. Gas in VA going back up I always try to fill up when I’m in MD.

The price of gas is such a scam. The price of oil had been tanking for WEEKS. Price barely drops. We never got under $3.00.

The second some bad news about production comes out, up 40c in a day. BS.

Back
Top Bottom