Gas Stations taking forever to take their money out your card Unapreciation. Vol. Overdraft

I swear I pumped gas Wednesday night and they still haven't taking their money yet I'm like @*%! Why is that?

I always like to check my account on my phone so I can see how much money I have so I don't overdraft my *@+@.

I never carry cash with me I use my check card for everything I buy.

it'll be out by Monday morning.  You can fill up on a Fri night and not have to worry about putting the money in until Monday morning
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

its so dumb. They charge a dollar THEN they wont do it till like the following monday. watch your account fam
laugh.gif

alllways happens to me lol.. i alllways forget i made that purchase at the gas station, thennnnn it hits me out of no where lol

Everyone should be careful with this. There are some gas stations out there that are real shady. I had a friend who bought $20 worth of gas, and only had $50 in his account. The gas station put a $150 charge on his card to verify and then refunded $130 of it like a day later. Of course even though the money was refunded, he overdrew his account and had to pay the fees. The bank told him it wasn't their fault and that gas stations just did shady stuff like that sometimes to verify your account (w-t-f?).

Originally Posted by s dubl

checkbook register ftw.

Truth.  Can't rely on checking online or calling up.

How would you ever know if there was a mistake, or someone over charged you?  Your just always going to believe whats there is correct?

thats why they say you should never use your debit card at gas stations. i had my whole account frozen because of a gas station before. then the bank told me if i have to use my debit card, do it as credit.

Yeah +@#@!!* gas stations....I remember one time I went .01 cents over on my tank and ended up getting a 25 dollar overdraft
tired.gif

It was my fault for spending a cent more than I had but still

Originally Posted by taimaishu123

thats why they say you should never use your debit card at gas stations. i had my whole account frozen because of a gas station before. then the bank told me if i have to use my debit card, do it as credit.

you sure u dont mean do it as debit? because i use debit all the time when i fill up and i check my account and it comes out right away but if i do credit it does that bs were it only take out a dollar and then u forget and days later that money u thought u had is what the gas station take.

Originally Posted by tvanterpool

Originally Posted by taimaishu123

you sure u dont mean do it as debit? because i use debit all the time when i fill up and i check my account and it comes out right away but if i do credit it does that bs were it only take out a dollar and then u forget and days later that money u thought u had is what the gas station take.
I never pick debit on my card, because if I use credit I get my reward points with my chase checking account.

Originally Posted by FinesseSosa

its so dumb. They charge a dollar THEN they wont do it till like the following monday. watch your account fam
laugh.gif

I HATE that. You forget about it til like a week later when they take it out... Whole time you're thinkin its already been taken care of

Originally Posted by trapmuzik617

Originally Posted by FinesseSosa

laugh.gif

I HATE that. You forget about it til like a week later when they take it out... Whole time you're thinkin its already been taken care of
Yup happens to me all the time
smh.gif

You sound like me 4 years ago. At first i blamed the system, but at the end of the day if you keep an accurate account of your purchases, you'll never have this problem.

I think I got free gas twice in a row. I paid with my card and they never took the money out. I put $20 on both occasions. So I got $40 worth of free gas
pimp.gif

What are the odds that they will take the money out 5 months later?

Back
Top Bottom