GEARS OF WAR 3, release: Sep 20, 2011, BETA: Apr 18 (Bulletstorm Epic), Apr 25 - May 15 (ever. else)

Gow1 > any game

Gow3 better not dissapoint like Gow2 did. MLG settings/compatibility please.

Originally Posted by REDd SPYDER

so is it official? can we just preorder bulletstorm and NOT buy the game to get the beta?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by CaptinStabbin

Gears of War

-Great campaign
-Weak online execution

-The Juice

This is true. They may as well just extend the campaign instead if they are going to give us that sorry as online play. However, I have been waiting for this game for what seems like forever!

To those who hate the online, have y'all played recently? Or is this based on it a few years ago? I do not see any major things wrong with it.

Originally Posted by Sneaky

Gow1 > any game

I still hop on GOW 1 online and there are still people who play on the servers. Still as fun as it was when it first came out. Canals and War for the win.

Still play Gow 2 and it's probably the most fun game when your host. It really is a problem when your not
laugh.gif

New interview with new multiplayer footage, including the huge one-shot sniper rifle in action:

Some new pictures:

gears32232011image1.jpg

gears32232011image2.jpg

gears32232011image1x.jpg

gears32232011image2x.jpg

gears32232011image3.jpg

gears32232011image4x.jpg

gears32232011image5x.jpg

I hope they took out grenade tagging, nothing more annoying then walking/running around a corner and hearing that detonating sound 
mad.gif
although the smoke/poison combo was always funny because you could do nothing but just watch yourself die 

They really made this game a lot better than Gears of War 2, much more input and thought went into this game than its predecessor.

99% of the time I'm on Guardian, and I like how they decided to merge Submission and Guardian together for Capture the Leader. In Guardian, unless you're playing noobs, have one more round to go, or are host (which they say has been eliminated in the 3rd game), you are pretty much relegated to hiding in a "base" with grenades set up. It is not uncommon for teams to be defensive the entire match with at least two or three other teammates defending the leader. With CTL, as a leader you are no longer penalized for dying and you get extra chances to fight back unlike in Guardian where you are useless as soon as you are killed.

In general they added a lot of new features that are well-thought and make it worthy for pre-ordering. Trust me when I say this: GoW3 when released will definitely have more satisfying and enjoying gameplay than any Call of Duty game.

Can't wait for this. I'm going to be in the beta. Bulletstorm isn't that bad either. It's linear, but not boring. It's like an amusement park ride and the story is lightweight, but shouldn't be taken seriously to begin with.

OG TSS, GnR, SE

Back
Top Bottom