Gee Roberson Appointed Chairman Of Geffen Records...

If anyone is interested....

Artist manager, creative executive and entrepreneur GEE ROBERSON has been appointed Chairman of GEFFEN RECORDS, it was announced today by INTERSCOPE GEFFEN A&M Chairman JIMMY IOVINE, to whom he reports.

Based in NEW YORK, ROBERSON will oversee the creative direction and operations of GEFFEN RECORDS, with a special focus on discovering and nurturing new artists while expanding the reach of the label into numerous areas such as digital direct-to-consumer, merchandising, touring and management.

"GEE has a unique combination of talents that the music industry really needs running a record company today," said IOVINE. "I'm proud he's joining GEFFEN."

"I am delighted to be joining JIMMY, LUCIAN GRAINGE (Chairman/CEO, UMG) and the entire INTERSCOPE GEFFEN A&M team," added ROBERSON. "JIMMY has always been a pioneer who goes against the grain and builds successful companies known for great music, a keen sense of focus, hard work and tremendous team spirit. And with the opportunity to be part of LUCIAN's global creative plans, the decision to join IGA was easy."
----------------------

Good move on their part I think. Gee seems to know what he's doing in terms of not operating under the dated %%# business model that the majors still use.

For those that don't know, Gee is head of HipHopSince78, who manage Wayne, Drake etc. I believe.

If anyone is interested....

Artist manager, creative executive and entrepreneur GEE ROBERSON has been appointed Chairman of GEFFEN RECORDS, it was announced today by INTERSCOPE GEFFEN A&M Chairman JIMMY IOVINE, to whom he reports.

Based in NEW YORK, ROBERSON will oversee the creative direction and operations of GEFFEN RECORDS, with a special focus on discovering and nurturing new artists while expanding the reach of the label into numerous areas such as digital direct-to-consumer, merchandising, touring and management.

"GEE has a unique combination of talents that the music industry really needs running a record company today," said IOVINE. "I'm proud he's joining GEFFEN."

"I am delighted to be joining JIMMY, LUCIAN GRAINGE (Chairman/CEO, UMG) and the entire INTERSCOPE GEFFEN A&M team," added ROBERSON. "JIMMY has always been a pioneer who goes against the grain and builds successful companies known for great music, a keen sense of focus, hard work and tremendous team spirit. And with the opportunity to be part of LUCIAN's global creative plans, the decision to join IGA was easy."
----------------------

Good move on their part I think. Gee seems to know what he's doing in terms of not operating under the dated %%# business model that the majors still use.

For those that don't know, Gee is head of HipHopSince78, who manage Wayne, Drake etc. I believe.

Gee
pimp.gif

I'm not sure if it will help or hurt. I just like the idea of giving a great young mind the keys to the car and letting him take a drive, rather than hire the same old same old characters.

Look at what these guys did with Drake. Developed and broke an artist in a MAJOR WAY, to the point where the labels then came to them and had to pony up whatever they wanted.

I think it will help. He'll do @#*+ smart. Majors still out here spending dummy money and then falling apart. @#*+ is unreal. They make the same mistakes over and over again.

I'm not sure if it will help or hurt. I just like the idea of giving a great young mind the keys to the car and letting him take a drive, rather than hire the same old same old characters.

Look at what these guys did with Drake. Developed and broke an artist in a MAJOR WAY, to the point where the labels then came to them and had to pony up whatever they wanted.

I think it will help. He'll do @#*+ smart. Majors still out here spending dummy money and then falling apart. @#*+ is unreal. They make the same mistakes over and over again.

Huge fan of this move.

He's seen multiple aspects of the industry from management to anr and has risen from being a Roc intern.

I just hope Jimmyls him rock and doesn't make him a fall guy.

Huge fan of this move.

He's seen multiple aspects of the industry from management to anr and has risen from being a Roc intern.

I just hope Jimmyls him rock and doesn't make him a fall guy.

Damn ain't Geffen the graveyard for urban artists though? Hopefully he can change that.

Damn ain't Geffen the graveyard for urban artists though? Hopefully he can change that.

Originally Posted by illphillip

Originally Posted by illphillip

Back
Top Bottom