Gentry dishes some info on what's to come for jb in the future after 2008!!!

I'm not going to lie, him doing this kind of makes me happy because I never wanted it to end, by that I mean it was fine if it stopped at XX3 but I stillwanted retros to release, but this "chase" idea is stupid, just another hype/super duper limted/only 55 pairs made type sneakers, I'm not goingto take his word for it now because anything can change when 2008 just began.

i dont know why we just cant have random retros i hate the fact it always has t o be attached to something. why dont they just drop the VI's and what everelse that hasn't come out then re cycle stuff.

Now where are all the dudes that called Ducktales when I said that their would be Retros in 09 and beyond and no AJ XX4? Anyone want to man up? MaZe

Of course they'll be retros here and beyond. That's how they make the money. I thought the line would fittingly end at XX3. Ah well...

Originally Posted by AirUpHere23

Gentry Humphrey should honestly check out these forums more often because obviously the man is either not aware or simply too stubborn to understand the nature and opinions of the true Jordan consumers.

He comments on how he wants to create a "chase" like each and every Jordan enthusiast is jumping for joy at that. Mainly his target audience seems to be the hypebeasts and resellers like ijapino mentioned.

Each and every year people get older, some grow up, others don't...I'm 26 years old and have been wearing Jordans since 1992. As much as I love the Jordan line I'm not going to prioritize my life around the teeny bopper inspired "chase" for too much longer...Very much looks like this will be my final year in this "chase" game because apparently the "chase" is more important than the value and business of it's true established consumers.
smh.gif

I feel the same way that you do, but you have to understand that G doesn't care about you and I, or any other customers that suppported during thefirst generation. JB knows that we have families, jobs, and other priorities that keep us from throwing money at every Jordan release even if they werereadily available. The youngsters with no bills and access to their parent's pockets are the customers that JB wants and is catering to. They are theones that keep the JB hypetrain moving and the money coming in truckloads. That's why 90% appeal to the youngs, while 10% of the releases are gearedtowards us.
The limited crap is frustrating, but in todays market it is necessary to drive sales from JB's business standpoint. In the OG days, all we had to do issee MJ in a pair of Jordans and it was an instant connection, and a "I must have it" desire for that pair of shoes. Those days are gone, and JB haschosen to exploit the age old rules of supply & demand to keep shoes flying off shelves. And the free press that they are getting through local news crewsdoing stories on campouts and line ups is the best type of free promotion that JB's had since the OG Air Jordan I banning.
Bottom line is JB is a business and they are catering to the customers that are "loyal" them...not us.

Originally Posted by dmxgod

Gentry is a IDIOT..creatin a chase? please..ur makin people miss out on days outta their lives that they can't get back in order to wait for a shoe that will cost 200-350 dollars..i don't know bout you..but i definitely can't take 3-4 days outta my life to get a shoe that i am suppose to "chase"..that doesn't make anythin fun..it makes it aggrevating (sp?)..i don't know how many agree with that..but that's a fact..if you are truly trying to please jordan collectors..do not do this..
Oh, I agree. I know I don't matter in the big picture, but my JB purchases have been reduced to a 3rd of what it used to be and its steadilydecreasing. I ain't chasing ****. JB is telling its consumers that they're corny.

Originally Posted by jae oh en

Originally Posted by ijapino

Gentry's comment about "creating the chase" really bothers me. Because to me that means they're going to continue on the path of making super hyped, limited shoes that only appeal to hype beasts and resellers. NOT the so called loyal fan who he thinks they're for.

same here...i thought the interview was all good news til he mentioned that...its easy for him to say it's fun when hes not the one who has to line up and compete with the beasts to obtain a pair of jordans...
And he also saying these things wearing a pair of titaniums.
laugh.gif

Ohh the irony of the people on here who actually get to talk to the man but "CANT" or should I say "WONT" explain the whole madness to both sides????? SMH
Dudes clam up and become fans.

Ok, game shoe. People clamored for the release of some, such as the xi's etc. Gentry wanted to recreate that but could only do it ARTIFICIALLY. He didit by not relying on the design of the shoe (which IS fire btw) or the fact MJ was wearin them (which is admittedly out of his hands) but by limiting theamounts of Titaniums released. Fine. Fair enough, that is the last game shoe after all, why not go out with sum hype? But when you start talkin aboutlimiting the retros come on! First of all you must consider, Gentry, that you got 25 year olds + that simply cannot take the time away from fams/jobs to buyyour new limited hyperstrike made only 400 Jays. which makes it open season for teeny boppers and rich resellers.

THIS IS NOT WHAT JORDAN IS SUPPOSED TO BE ALL ABOUT!

Jordan is about the masses. The Jordan mantra (in my eyes) is about reaching all four corners of the globe and saying "Yes you too can accomplish as muchas i have, you've just got to be ready to dedicate yourself". Whereas with limited releases its not about taking a cherished piece of MJ's career(his shoes) and spreading that love to as many people as wanna participate, it's about whose got the connections, whose got the money, whose got the time,whose in the Exclusive-Blase-Blah Club. Whack sauce. Its not fun to have to buy 2 pairs of shoes just to get the one you really want and on top of that haveto wait in line and fork over a PS3 for it.

Gentry! MJ. IS. NO. LONGER. PLAYING. IN. THE. NBA.

get it thru your head it will never be the same. Just give the MASSES what they want. Good quality sneakers w/o the filler, w/o the chase. Make it easierfor people to have these shoes which are after all............

JUST SHOES! they're rubber and leather. no better at keeping dirt off the bottom of your feet than a pair of Jesus sandals! Your brand is no better orworse than any other brand.

Jordans set the standard and the trend for hype and release anticipation and dedication. Great. Fine. We all know this. Now its time to buck thattrend.....isnt that what Jordan was all about neway? Zigging when other people zagged? peace

black 5's 1st jays back in 1st grade/ yall dont say nothin/ GOAT shoe introduced, bout 2 get in2 sumthin/ 70s OG and oh-5 green suede 'didas beanhalfshells/ GOAT nike, tie; CU Franchise and Forces mids must die/ and the top jay? be black wrapped w/ cement stripes.

Originally Posted by Supermanblue79

AirUpHere23 wrote:

Gentry Humphrey should honestly check out these forums more often because obviously the man is either not aware or simply too stubborn to understand the
nature and opinions of the true Jordan consumers.

He comments on how he wants to create a "chase" like each and every Jordan enthusiast is jumping for joy at that. Mainly his target audience seems
to be the hypebeasts and resellers like ijapino mentioned.

Each and every year people get older, some grow up, others don't...I'm 26 years old and have been wearing Jordans since 1992. As much as I love the
Jordan line I'm not going to prioritize my life around the teeny bopper inspired "chase" for too much longer...Very much looks like this will
be my final year in this "chase" game because apparently the "chase" is more important than the value and business of it's true
established consumers.
smh.gif

I feel the same way that you do, but you have to understand that G doesn't care about you and I, or any other customers that suppported during the
first generation. JB knows that we have families, jobs, and other priorities that keep us from throwing money at every Jordan release even if they were
readily available. The youngsters with no bills and access to their parent's pockets are the customers that JB wants and is catering to. They are the
ones that keep the JB hypetrain moving and the money coming in truckloads. That's why 90% appeal to the youngs, while 10% of the releases are geared
towards us.

The limited crap is frustrating, but in todays market it is necessary to drive sales from JB's business standpoint. In the OG days, all we had to do is
see MJ in a pair of Jordans and it was an instant connection, and a "I must have it" desire for that pair of shoes. Those days are gone, and JB has
chosen to exploit the age old rules of supply & demand to keep shoes flying off shelves. And the free press that they are getting through local news crews
doing stories on campouts and line ups is the best type of free promotion that JB's had since the OG Air Jordan I banning.

Bottom line is JB is a business and they are catering to the customers that are "loyal" them...not us.

very well said, smb79

No game shoe.....i never thought that they would actually go that far.....so what they relying on CP3 and Melo to make the big bucks for them at the start ofthe financial year? £180 Melos? Interesting...

What saddens me as the older i get is the harder it is to get the product that i can identify with which is the the product i grew up with share an affinitywith and want. There will become a point that if its too hard to get, then i will just make do without which would be a great disapointment but if stuff likethe Titaniums is the way forward then.......

I dont mind the "chase". Ill take time off work to get stuff I like, just like I did when I stood in line for 3 days to get the Premiers. Im surethere will be some I like and will keep, and there are some I wont like and sell to someone that does.

Originally Posted by Supermanblue79

Originally Posted by AirUpHere23

Gentry Humphrey should honestly check out these forums more often because obviously the man is either not aware or simply too stubborn to understand the nature and opinions of the true Jordan consumers.

He comments on how he wants to create a "chase" like each and every Jordan enthusiast is jumping for joy at that. Mainly his target audience seems to be the hypebeasts and resellers like ijapino mentioned.

Each and every year people get older, some grow up, others don't...I'm 26 years old and have been wearing Jordans since 1992. As much as I love the Jordan line I'm not going to prioritize my life around the teeny bopper inspired "chase" for too much longer...Very much looks like this will be my final year in this "chase" game because apparently the "chase" is more important than the value and business of it's true established consumers.
smh.gif

I feel the same way that you do, but you have to understand that G doesn't care about you and I, or any other customers that suppported during the first generation. JB knows that we have families, jobs, and other priorities that keep us from throwing money at every Jordan release even if they were readily available. The youngsters with no bills and access to their parent's pockets are the customers that JB wants and is catering to. They are the ones that keep the JB hypetrain moving and the money coming in truckloads. That's why 90% appeal to the youngs, while 10% of the releases are geared towards us.
The limited crap is frustrating, but in todays market it is necessary to drive sales from JB's business standpoint. In the OG days, all we had to do is see MJ in a pair of Jordans and it was an instant connection, and a "I must have it" desire for that pair of shoes. Those days are gone, and JB has chosen to exploit the age old rules of supply & demand to keep shoes flying off shelves. And the free press that they are getting through local news crews doing stories on campouts and line ups is the best type of free promotion that JB's had since the OG Air Jordan I banning.

you are right supermanblue79 seriously all this limited crap is just way too much..when they do make limited stuff it always has to come out to some pieceof pig crap that nobody really wants...JB is trying to appeal to this age in marketing but its seems that they dont realize that what they are doing willeventually just fall...all these packs are too much money wise ..310 isnt really a fair price because ive seen people sell their belongings just to save p forsome of these packs ..Gentry is like a spoiled little brat who keeps everything for himself and releases these ugly shoes (the orange and plaid 5 fusions &the recent release of the laser 15's) come out with something for the collectors to appreciate and praise JB for putting out but the way things are headedi doubt we will see anything like that anytime soon..ohh and the 6 rings with the patent leather(i think thats what it was) are
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
..come on Gentry

Back
Top Bottom