George Romero's Diary of the Dead

http://movies.aol.com/movie/george-romeros-diary-of-the-dead/27262/main

Just saw it tonite, in NJ on a limited release. Movie was pretty cool imo. The premise is a film student documents a zombie epidemic because the government islying to everyone about it. but what was kinda cool was its shown only thru the video camera(s), cell phone camera, and security cams, but its not bouncy orcrappy like blair witch. The make up and CGI were tight. Cool deaths, a new kinda spin on the zombie genre. all in all i liked it. 7.5/10

http://movies.aol.com/movie/george-romeros-diary-of-the-dead/27262/main

It's Romero, I have to watch this joint. Doesn't look bad at all. Land of the Dead had so much potential.

I've lost track on how many "_____ of the dead" movies there are, but I guess I can add another one now. Where in NJ did you see it?

Where in NJ?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

I'm in hudson county....

Should be TIGHT. Wish I could say the same about Day of the Dead

I just saw it the other day and man did that movie stunk. So was Nick Cannon's acting.

I'm talking about Day of the Dead

Hate to bring up an old topic, but that's what's wrong with the movie industry is you're saying..

I've lost track on how many "_____ of the dead" movies there are, but I guess I can add another one now. Where in NJ did you see it?

George Romero invented the modern zombie movie, with Night of the Living Dead, in B&W. It was later remade by a famous SFX man named Tom Savini. Georgecontinued his success of Night, with Dawn of the Dead, one of the most shocking movies for it's time, and a box-office hit. Although gruesome, it set thestage for modern horror, and gore. This was remade just a few years ago by 300's Zach Snyder, a nice attempt, but nothing close to the original. Thenfollowing that in 85 Romero made Day of the Dead, a different take on things, but a masterpiece in it's own right. Now we had the joke of a remake starringNick Cannon and Mena, and people see these movies and it puts a tarnish on the legacy that is George Romero.

Should be TIGHT. Wish I could say the same about Day of the Dead

Exactly my point, no one knows about the movie Romero made. just the monstrosity that was this piece of crap. Horrible acting.

Cloverfield was rushed into production, while Diary of the Dead was planned MANY years ago, but George Romero wanted to do it his way, his own style, and whenCloverfield is released it's basically a slap in the face to Romero. It's really sad to see what the horror industry has come to when everyday movieviewers don't know about these originals.

Yea it comes out on DVD tomorrow. Should I rent or buy? How is it compared to Land of the Dead?

Anybody watch Day of the Dead with Nick Cannon?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by KICKS OFF

I always enjoy watching classic Romero flicks. I'll def. gonna check his new joint out.

Thank God, there are people who acknowledge the legend!
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Boomatic206

Yea it comes out on DVD tomorrow. Should I rent or buy? How is it compared to Land of the Dead?

Anybody watch Day of the Dead with Nick Cannon?
laugh.gif

Day of the Dead was pretty cool, but lame. I liked it because it was a zombie movie, but it wasn't the best.

As an avid zombie film watcher, this looks decent. Return of the Living Dead part 1 is i think the best out of all zombie flicks. the dawn of the dead remakeis a close second. the original night of the living dead is awesome in every way with the racial undertones and was pretty suspenseful but never explained whatstarted the process of re-animation. I feel that if movies spent a little more time explaining other than some sort of high speed montage of papers, cells andwhatever other gruesome images they can throw up (like in both 28 days/dawn movies.) it would give more of realistic effect to the audience that it couldhappen one day. In Return of L.D. 1 at least the government canisters was a direct cause with mass rush zombie feeding frenziness. awesome!

returnld1b.jpg

has anyone seen the one by Tom Savini called Children of the Living Dead. It is the worst Zombie movie or movie period.
It's funny how bad it was, I seem to have a weird affinity for bad scripts/acting though

Day of the Dead was a waste of an hour and 20 mins of my life.... i wish i could get it back... but then again, what do you expect from a movie that has nickcannon in it... SMH

Back
Top Bottom