GEORGETOWN BASKETBALL THREAD

Originally Posted by bballah3

Allen or anyone else....

I haven't had a chance to watch much college ball this year. Whats up with your Hoyas? I was expecting them to make some noise and they seem to be struggling just to get by. Whats the deal?
ill go in more detail later, but...

- Defense.

- 7 guys new to this system.

- DaJuan Summers and Austin Freeman not elevating their games.

- Duke game killed this team. How? Dunno. But it did.

Just got back from the game...

G-Town = NIT...they're done....

I dunno what was up w. DaJuan Summers, but dude looked like he didn't give a !%$@ out there tonight. I dunno if he gave up on his teammates or coaches, butit was embarrassing to see him play like he did. That being said, if EVERYONE else on the G'Town roster could match Chris Wright's intensity, theywould be much better off. The kid needs the ball in his hands at all times. The offense looked horrid. WAY too much standing around.

Austin Freeman needs to drop a good 15-20 pounds...no way dude is 230...

Man...if Greg Monroe puts in one more year for the Hoyas...
eek.gif

That Louisiville defense was something fierce...I'm a believer in Earl Clark...he was the best player on the court tonight. If he can give that kind ofeffort night in and night out, he's gonna be a problem on the next level. I'm still not gonna shake the Shawne Williams comparison (yet), but there ismore upside....

Terrence Williams = Marquis Daniels

dajuan summers needs to forget about the nba and just get his head right for next season. what a disappointment. total underachiever.

aside from the early turnovers, wright has definitely progressed over the last few games. excited to see him next season.

sapp seems to have somewhat returned...but it's too little too late. it's shame how he played this year after last year.

JTIII...i don't think i will ever understand his logic. i follow bball the least out of the major sports, but his ideas and substitutions just have me lost

RIP 08-09 season...hopefully we can finish strong and do some work in the BE tourney. at least play for pride from here on out.

dajuan summers needs to forget about the nba and just get his head right for next season. what a disappointment. total underachiever.

aside from the early turnovers, wright has definitely progressed over the last few games. excited to see him next season.

sapp seems to have somewhat returned...but it's too little too late. it's shame how he played this year after last year.
agreed.

there's really no reason for anyone on this team (DaJuan and Greg) to go pro. They're not ready right now.

I think this is becoming Chris' team and certainly will be next year.

As far as III....I am probably his biggest supporter/believer. I just think he's an incredible coach and person and I have 100000000% faith in him. I'dgive him a lifetime contract 4 years ago if I was the AD.

The team never figured it out, how things have gone aren't really acceptable either.

But big picture, we'll be fine. Learning to be done from this all around.

Seeing the forest for the trees.

Maybe the NIT will be a blessing in disguise for this team; I really would like to see Greg Monroe to stay at least one more year.

Originally Posted by allen3xis

agreed.

there's really no reason for anyone on this team (DaJuan and Greg) to go pro. They're not ready right now.

I think this is becoming Chris' team and certainly will be next year.

As far as III....I am probably his biggest supporter/believer. I just think he's an incredible coach and person and I have 100000000% faith in him. I'd give him a lifetime contract 4 years ago if I was the AD.

The team never figured it out, how things have gone aren't really acceptable either.

But big picture, we'll be fine. Learning to be done from this all around.

Seeing the forest for the trees.

The team and the coaches never figured it out.

Nikita needs to see the bench more, simple as that. He fouls early and often. And when he doesn't foul the help defense has to step up and then they foul.Its a lose lose situation.

Despite this season, Hoyas WILL be a problem next year!
EDIT: If Monroe and Summers stay and get it together

Having 2 guys who are just scorers (austin and dajuan) really has hurt this team. And they're both capable of doing more, Austin in particular.

I don't know who should start now, Sapp isn't going back in...Sims just isn't there yet...

play Vaughn(who's been solid lately) along side Greg? probably can't do it cause he's his back up.

options are limited.
"You think about it, but I don't know," Thompson said. "We need to play significantly better than we did today. The beauty of being in this conference is you can go to New York. You get the chance to fight and a chance to win it. We have to continue to improve and we have to be better once we get to New York. It's as simple as that."

"Once you lose and you go through a stretch like we're going through, you don't feel as good about yourself --- it's as simple as that ...," Thompson said. "Right now, for obvious reasons, we don't. We have to remember this is the same group. We have to keep trying to improve. This group, that group, our group has to keep trying to improve. Hopefully, we do. There's still a lot of ball to play."

"If I didn't think this group could do it, it'd be like 'What the hell,'" Thompson said as Wright and Monroe flanked him. "I said it then and I believe it now. I have a lot of confidence in these two and everyone else in that locker room. Together, and I said this in good times and it applies in bad times, we have to figure it out."

you know as much as this team SHOULD be dead..

@ Nova
@ SJU
vs Depaul

last 2 should be W's...take the Nova game..

puts us at 8-10 and with momentum going to the Garden..

we'd have a favorable match up on tuesday with the bad teams....and then Wednesday get a team like Syracuse or WVU..

We'd need both. Putting us at 10 wins in the BE and 19 overall. With our SOS, I couldn't see how that gets left out.

It's very wishful thinking. But it's still a possibility.

Well my friend who goes to GT knows the white dude that started last game and speaks to him on the regular. He told him that the team doesn't like eachother. They especially dislike John Thompson for some reason. He didn't go into too much details except that most of the players can't wait till theseason is over. And you know how team sports go, no unity, results in little to no success.

Originally Posted by Biggie62

Well my friend who goes to GT knows the white dude that started last game and speaks to him on the regular. He told him that the team doesn't like each other. They especially dislike John Thompson for some reason. He didn't go into too much details except that most of the players can't wait till the season is over. And you know how team sports go, no unity, results in little to no success.
laugh.gif
I know exactly what your friend is talking about too...Iswear to god on everything I know I started to post something similar in the CBB thread but I didn't want to put to much out there but this did NOT startthis season. Alot of it began towards the end of last season and carried into this year. Rivers/Macklin departure had nothing to do with playing time.

Well my friend who goes to GT knows the white dude that started last game and speaks to him on the regular. He told him that the team doesn't like each other. They especially dislike John Thompson for some reason. He didn't go into too much details except that most of the players can't wait till the season is over. And you know how team sports go, no unity, results in little to no success.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

you know as much as this team SHOULD be dead..

@ Nova
@ SJU
vs Depaul

last 2 should be W's...take the Nova game..

puts us at 8-10 and with momentum going to the Garden..

we'd have a favorable match up on tuesday with the bad teams....and then Wednesday get a team like Syracuse or WVU..

We'd need both. Putting us at 10 wins in the BE and 19 overall. With our SOS, I couldn't see how that gets left out.

It's very wishful thinking. But it's still a possibility.
I'm praying for the same.

yeah. especially after lunardi's little "im going to be bold" BE tourney prediction...we're definitely hanging by a thread right now

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

laugh.gif
I know exactly what your friend is talking about too...I swear to god on everything I know I started to post something similar in the CBB thread but I didn't want to put to much out there but this did NOT start this season. Alot of it began towards the end of last season and carried into this year. Rivers/Macklin departure had nothing to do with playing time.
eek.gif
aside from the sapp/wright drama...this comes as a surpriseto me

laugh.gif
I know exactly what your friend is talking about too...I swear to god on everything I know I started to post something similar in the CBB thread but I didn't want to put to much out there but this did NOT start this season. Alot of it began towards the end of last season and carried into this year. Rivers/Macklin departure had nothing to do with playing time.
As I expected. Kind of sad to say but I miss Rivers. And I was a big fan of Macklin.

Don't like to make comparisons but at this rate it looks like Sims is headed on the Macklin transferring path.

Whats Kelvin Sampson up to these days...?
laugh.gif

I think Henry will get his minutes next year.

It's just odd cause of the highlight reels of him last year...he looked incredible.

laugh.gif
People don't know how close a super important player was totransferring last season...it would surprise me if it happened now but I wouldn't put it past him

laugh.gif
People don't know how close a super important player was to transferring last season...it would surprise me if it happened now but I wouldn't put it past him
Wright?

Back
Top Bottom