Gerald Green Interview

T

trelvis tha thrilla

Just wanted to post this on here for my Gerald Green and Mavs fans.

I got the chance to interview Gerald Green this afternoon and he spoke to me about his playing time, hot dogs, the NCAA tournament, and his choice of music.

The full interview is about 5 minutes. Check out the full story on my blog at http://angrytrey.blogspot.com

or just go here to hear the interview http://www.box.net/shared/xrllz3i1jx

Yo! I'll check this out tomorrow after my Bio-exam and I'll let you know what I think, thanks for the bump, I woulda never seen it.
pimp.gif

If he actually knew how to playa nd take advantage of his athleticism he would be a beast.
sick.gif
half the time he looks lost.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Yo! I'll check this out tomorrow after my Bio-exam and I'll let you know what I think, thanks for the bump, I woulda never seen it.
pimp.gif
Thanks man

Dude needs to go to a better system. He is probably one of the more gifted athletic players in the NBA.

"Looking back do you regret not going to College at all?"
"NAH"

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Good interview though man.
pimp.gif

recap please? phone sucks.

anyways, man gerald green has talent for days, but his atitude and his work ethic is horrible.

sucha waste.

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

^word, this dude's mug was all over the place as the next big thing...
smh.gif

Where was this? I don't recall his mug being all over anywhere. In fact his agent had a problem trying to lock down a shoe deal for him coming into the Lso he certainly wasn't that big of a deal and he ended up being a MID first round pick.

Any Mavs fans explain why he fell out of the rotation? He was doing his thing in the beginning of the season and then just started racking up DNPs.

first time i heard of ol boy was @ the dunk contest.

2nd time i heard of him was when he got traded.

3rd time i heard of him was in this thread.

Originally Posted by GUILLERMO GUTIEREZ

first time i heard of ol boy was @ the dunk contest.

2nd time i heard of him was when he got traded.

3rd time i heard of him was in this thread.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

smh.gif

Where was this? I don't recall his mug being all over anywhere. In fact his agent had a problem trying to lock down a shoe deal for him coming into the L so he certainly wasn't that big of a deal and he ended up being a MID first round pick.

Any Mavs fans explain why he fell out of the rotation? He was doing his thing in the beginning of the season and then just started racking up DNPs.
For the longest time now the Mavericks have had a bunch of wing players, none of which clearly distinguished themselves than the others. Gerald isa liability on defense, and if he's not knocking down shots or catching oops, he's not really doing much else. Don't ask me why JJ Barea playsthen, but most likely because the lack of depth. The games have been a lot more important, every game counts, and Antoine Wright, Josh Howard, and Brandon Basstake up majority of the minutes @ Forward behind Dirk. There aren't many times I'd want GG in the game to be honest. Wright is better than GG, he maynot be as great offensively, he is clumsy in the paint, but he can knock down shots, he can go through the transition well, but the main thing is that he canplay defense, and puts forth an effort. GG just doesn't have the drive.

One Dallas reporter was talking about how you always see Brandon Bass working on his fundamentals and what not before every game, then mentioned how GeraldGreen is wasting whatever kind of talent he has.

Basically, Antoine Wright is better than GG, and there's only so many spots behind Josh Howard, and now the emergance of James Singleton as an awesomebench player, GG isn't going to get any shine in Dallas as long as Singleton, Wright, and Bass are on Dallas.

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

hey trelvis, I think i saw you on the channel 8 news, were you wearing a white Texas hat?
Yeah, that was me.

Originally Posted by bright nikes

recap please? phone sucks.
Just talked about his playing time, the NCAA tournament, college, and what music he listens to

Originally Posted by cquan05

pimp.gif
Thanks

Originally Posted by UNtroubled YOUTH

Hey props on the interview though, that's cool.
Thanks

Originally Posted by eight2one

Originally Posted by BTK

one of the most overly gassed NBA players of our generation.
I really had high hopes for him and wanted to see him do well

I think he still has potential

I have interviews with Ryan Hollins and Matt Carroll up also if anyone is interested

Originally Posted by cquan05

"Looking back do you regret not going to College at all?"
"NAH"

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

pimp.gif

roll.gif
.....thats probably why he sounds dumb...

One Dallas reporter was talking about how you always see Brandon Bass working on his fundamentals and what not before every game, then mentioned how Gerald Green is wasting whatever kind of talent he has.
i think that was Jeff Van Gundy during the Sunday Laker game a week + ago.
or maybe he got it from a Dallas reporter.

anyways good look on the interview. if anything it makes the Gerald Green stans hopeful that he is improving. in reality, maybe not as much as he thinks he is.

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

smh.gif

Where was this? I don't recall his mug being all over anywhere. In fact his agent had a problem trying to lock down a shoe deal for him coming into the L so he certainly wasn't that big of a deal and he ended up being a MID first round pick.

For the longest time now the Mavericks have had a bunch of wing players, none of which clearly distinguished themselves than the others. Gerald is a liability on defense, and if he's not knocking down shots or catching oops, he's not really doing much else. Don't ask me why JJ Barea plays then, but most likely because the lack of depth. The games have been a lot more important, every game counts, and Antoine Wright, Josh Howard, and Brandon Bass take up majority of the minutes @ Forward behind Dirk. There aren't many times I'd want GG in the game to be honest. Wright is better than GG, he may not be as great offensively, he is clumsy in the paint, but he can knock down shots, he can go through the transition well, but the main thing is that he can play defense, and puts forth an effort. GG just doesn't have the drive.

One Dallas reporter was talking about how you always see Brandon Bass working on his fundamentals and what not before every game, then mentioned how Gerald Green is wasting whatever kind of talent he has.

Basically, Antoine Wright is better than GG, and there's only so many spots behind Josh Howard, and now the emergance of James Singleton as an awesome bench player, GG isn't going to get any shine in Dallas as long as Singleton, Wright, and Bass are on Dallas.
Jeff Van Gundy said the same thing during a game.

I personally had never heard of him until the dunk contest, and there was an NT thread about NBA players that look like celebs and somebody posted him andJuvie. Dudes need to learn from Harold Minor and Isaiah 'Dont call me JR' Rider, athleticism only gets you there you still have to work on your game.Alot of this has to do with the way high school coaches and scouts slurp these dudes coming out of 6th grade everthing gets handed to them they dont work foranything and they keep the same exact work ethic.

It was Jeff Van Gundy who had those comments and I personally dont see it.

I am at 95% of the home practices the Mavs have and alot of the times he is the last off the court. Always staying after to do extra shooting.

At least thats what I see.

You're right, it was JVG.

You would know better than any of us Trey, we don't have the access to the Mavericks that you do.

I just think it's just a matter of one too many wing players.

Also, way to interview the dude, kept it real chill, you weren't like Elie Seckbach or anything. Entertaining.

Back
Top Bottom