Getting a degree while working a 9-5 Vol. NYC

Sup NT :smokin

Trying to get my degree and I'm in a pretty rough spot... I work Monday-Friday always getting out after 5pm and occasionally on Saturdays.

Im currently going to a CUNY school (New York City Tech) and I'm in the process of getting a Math degree with a concentration in Financal Science. I applied for Spring classes but I'm sure I'm eventually gonna run into the situation of not having a class avaiable after 6pm..

What would be the best thing I can do to get a degree?

Anyone ever been in a similar situation?? what did you do??

I go to Baruch, and there are night classes here so I'm sure there will be night classes at City Tech.

Our classes schedules right now are 5:50-7:05 and 7:30-8:45 for night classes

There are also Saturday and Sunday classes.

You can ask your boss to not ask you to work on Saturdays and take classes during that day. 

I think a bigger problem is if it's possible to find classes only at night/weekend.

Sometimes classes at Baruch are only in mornings or at certain times and as the level of classes go higher, there's less number of professors teaching it and some of them are at odd hours

I go to Baruch, and there are night classes here so I'm sure there will be night classes at City Tech.
Our classes schedules right now are 5:50-7:05 and 7:30-8:45 for night classes

There are also Saturday and Sunday classes.

You can ask your boss to not ask you to work on Saturdays and take classes during that day. 

I think a bigger problem is if it's possible to find classes only at night/weekend.

Sometimes classes at Baruch are only in mornings or at certain times and as the level of classes go higher, there's less number of professors teaching it and some of them are at odd hours

night classes b

Yeah, right now I'm good with night classes. But I see as I get more indepth in the major, night and weekend classes aren't available .

Last edited:
I'm doing the same thing. Working 9-5 and then driving to Queens College this Spring. What advise do some NT'ers who've gone through this have? I'm afraid I'm gonna run out of energy by the time I get to class.

Back
Top Bottom