Getting into grad school with a low GPA??? Anyone deal with this B4?

(I know rap) I want to get into a masters program for education, doesn't even have to be the best school.....got my head hurting

Lazy B--- Military bro???

Man sum schools will let you in but you will be on some type of probation for like a semester or 2

given ur GRE passes their cut off....ive seen ppl with 2.5 and GRE's in da 700s get in...but they also had work experience and references backing them upin their area of interest

I know u dont want no ishhty program, some HBCU's have good M.ed programs im sure....their stance is not to turn ppl away for the most part so they bond towork with you

i was in the same boat, low gpa but i never applied (still might)
heard if you score high on the gmat or gre then you can be accepted
I know some places will put you on probation the first year as well

worst case scenario i could take some post bach classes to improve your GPA and then apply
but I'd say at least have a great GRE score to help pad the low GPA

I believe you need to be able to prove why you got that score (job/fooled around) and then be able to show how you have grown since then.

A lot of schools like to see progress too.

Of course good LSAT/GMAT/GRE would show that you are intelligent enough to handle the coursework. But schools are weary of the 'smart but lazy' type.

I might have missed my window.

I hit up all my professors last year and they remembered me and were happy to write rave letters for me

I slacked.

but yeah, if you get high gre scores you'll be good

if I had a 3.0 I wouldn't even have to take the gre to apply at tosu

but I must and for some reason, I'm shook

even though I usually dog standardized aptitude tests, I'm shook

maybe the bread you gotta pay?

lol

Originally Posted by Lazy B

I'm not even bothering with it anymore. My GPA sucks and will only get lower after this semester. I'm considering going into the military in May after graduation. With that said I need to bump my thread.

I really hope you are joking bout going into the military after you are done with school

cause if not that would have to be the dumbest decision I have ever heard

Originally Posted by the north west

I'm not even bothering with it anymore. My GPA sucks and will only get lower after this semester. I'm considering going into the military in May after graduation. With that said I need to bump my thread.

I really hope you are joking bout going into the military after you are done with school

not if he goes in as an officer...
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by StuntHard

Originally Posted by the north west

not if he goes in as an officer...
pimp.gif
he coulda went through ROTC, get school payed for, finished school with no debt and go into the military as an officer or any other high levelposition

but to pay for school and then join the military is just dumb

Originally Posted by The Fresh Sole

i was in the same boat, low gpa but i never applied (still might)
heard if you score high on the gmat or gre then you can be accepted
I know some places will put you on probation the first year as well

the one year probation thing isn't bad at all...

Been wondering this same question as well. Im just finishing up my last quarter of CC though lol

Originally Posted by CuriousGeorg3

does getting your masters really make a big difference though?
for my sake i #$%*#in hope so...

if I was good in Math I def would have majored in Eng or Acct in undergrad
frown.gif
....almost all my friends got str8 to the money that went that route
pimp.gif

I was in the same position as you..graduated with a 2.75..but i wanted to go the online route so i had no problem gettin into the program that i am in rightnow..

Yea, I'm in the same boat.

I basically have 3 semester left to get it in. Luckily, I'm planning on doing this intense internship thing, that'll hopefully help me out in the longrun.

see, my reg courses, I had like a 2.0.....but my english gpa was 3.8...

that counts for something, right?

lol

Originally Posted by IKnowRap

Originally Posted by CuriousGeorg3

does getting your masters really make a big difference though?
for my sake i #$%*#in hope so...

if I was good in Math I def would have majored in Eng or Acct in undergrad
frown.gif
....almost all my friends got str8 to the money that went that route
pimp.gif
Should have took accounting than. Accounting is all numbers, there is no math involved besides adding and subtracting. I was thinking ofswitching majors from business to accounting after I saw how well I did in my 2 accounting classes.. it just seemed WAY too boring of a job for me.

Back
Top Bottom