Getting into Nike Employee store

Okay, I've been looking for a job and I've been thinking about applying at my local Nike Store or factory store in the Dallas TX area. They're all good stores but I've narrowed my reasoning down to one thing, would this make me able to access the employee store in Oregon? Because I will be willing to vacation out there just to shop in that store. If not then I might as well work at house of hoops. If you know anything please let me know. Thanks.

Is the store 40% off?

Any Nike employee is allowed, including vendors and subsidiaries, including Converse, Hurley, etc. The prices are around 45% off for clothes and gear, 40% for shoes. Going there on Tuesday! :smokin

Quick question. I'm listed as family of an employee. Do I enter thru the employee enterence or the main front doors??

Quick question. I'm listed as family of an employee. Do I enter thru the employee enterence or the main front doors??
Either one is fine. But when it's busy, employee entrance is faster. My friends sister brought me in to through the employee entrance as her guest. Man, I need to fly out there soon. LMK if there's any good stuff there. Flying to seattle in 2 weeks & try to drive down there, need my friends sis to hook me up lol

Last edited:
Either one is fine. But when it's busy, employee entrance is faster. My friends sister brought me in to through the employee entrance as her guest. Man, I need to fly out there soon. LMK if there's any good stuff there. Flying to seattle in 2 weeks & try to drive down there, need my friends sis to hook me up lol

Thanks for the info. I'll be going there for the first time over Easter weekend

ES is not that great really, and definitely NOT worth a trip out there just for that. If you already have swoosh online 40% off, its not great when its just 10% more off. That was my experience.

If you live more than 30 minutes from the ES, it probably makes more sense to buy on Swoosh. Sometimes the ES will have things that aren't discounted on Swoosh, which in that case, the ES is pretty awesome. 

Visited the ES earlier today. Black badge employees and members listed as family can enter through the employee entrance and utilize the specific checkout registers to avoid the long visitor lines. A good amount of tech fleece available. Somewhat disappointed that they didn't stock the white/silver Jordan V.

Final verdict - if you're visiting in the Portland area, check it out. Don't book a flight if you're not local just to go to ES.

I'm taking a trip out to Portland, Oregon during Nov. 13th - 16th. To get into the Nike ES, do I have to know a Nike Employee in order to get in? Or is there an entrance for visitors? If not, can anyone kindly let me know how I can get an ES pass? It's not really for me, but for a friend's birthday and it would be a nice present. Thanks in advance! Please PM me for details and such.

I'm taking a trip out to Portland, Oregon during Nov. 13th - 16th. To get into the Nike ES, do I have to know a Nike Employee in order to get in? Or is there an entrance for visitors? If not, can anyone kindly let me know how I can get an ES pass? It's not really for me, but for a friend's birthday and it would be a nice present. Thanks in advance! Please PM me for details and such.

You'll need to know an employee that's willing to give you 2 passes in your case since you want one and another for your friend.

From what I heard, employees only have 5 to give out per year.

I went there last month and the ES is very overwhelming at first. You really do feel like a kid in a chocolate factory. I ended up copping so much stuff for friends and family, I ended up shipping it back home. Luckily, I live in the Bay Area and 50lbs worth of stuff shipped via UPS was not cringe worthy.

The fact that there's no tax in Oregon helps a lot.

Hey, was wondering if anyone has any info on like getting a nike job internationally. I currently work of nike in uk but I'm really interested in working closer to the HQ. I've always wanted to work for nike and be a part of the bigger team. I've currently worked for Nike for a year in that year I have gone from 8hr contract to apparel Lead (salary) and PP for one of the most successful stores in Europe. I just would love to transfer to a store in Oregon/ Portland area.

Hey, was wondering if anyone has any info on like getting a nike job internationally. I currently work of nike in uk but I'm really interested in working closer to the HQ. I've always wanted to work for nike and be a part of the bigger team. I've currently worked for Nike for a year in that year I have gone from 8hr contract to apparel Lead (salary) and PP for one of the most successful stores in Europe. I just would love to transfer to a store in Oregon/ Portland area.
Unfortunately if you're not American or have a green card, working in the United States in general is going to be very difficult. It's possible for non-citizens, and non permanent residents to work at Nike but that's usually at WHQ and those with credentials (many years of experience, rare skills) that are worthy for Nike to pay thousands of dollars to enter into a lottery for a work visa. I don't think Nike has ever sponsored a retail employee to work in America (at least in the past 5 years. There is a way to check what jobs at Nike have gotten sponsored for an H1B visa if you google something like Nike H1B) even with an L1 (I believe that is what it is called, but that's only for employees that have worked with an American company full time for at least a year and has a skill vital to the company). 

I'm no HR guy or immigration lawyer but your best bet to work for Nike in Oregon would be at WHQ, and after you have something that is worth sponsoring you for. You could potentially work at their Netherlands HQ and then have them ship you to Oregon on an L1 visa which has no lottery (I think), but I think that's harder now because of Brexit. So your best bet would be to work ta Nike corporate in the UK, which I believe is in London and then have them send you to Oregon after a year on an L1 visa. 

So in short, it's a lot easier for Americans and green card holders to work for Nike because they can start working at retail, but doesn't work like that for those who aren't.

Back
Top Bottom