Getting yanked or dunked on?

I'd rather be crossed up. I'd hand over my ankles willingly before I'd let someone destroy my soul on a fast break.

Which one of y'all looking for that charge though ? :nerd:

Neither happens to me often but I have been crossed and I have been dunked on and trust me getting crossed feels a lot better.

Unless you fall. I've never fallen but I can only imagine how terrible it must feel to get crossed and then fall. Especially if he scores afterwards

Seeing as that I don't play with people who can dunk at will, I choose getting crossed by default :lol:

Last edited:

Neither happens to me often but I have been crossed and I have been dunked on and trust me getting crossed feels a lot better.

Unless you fall. I've never fallen but I can only imagine how terrible it must feel to get crossed and then fall. Especially if he scores afterwards
THIS.

Should you play enough basketball competitively, you will get crossed and dunked on at some point in time. It just comes with the game.

Like what @Based Jesus  said, just don't fall! That's the second worse thing that can happen to you. The worst that can happen to you in

basketball is you jumping and getting bashed on. It's all bad, especially when there's a crowd.

i would say getting dunked on, at least i went up for the block
nothing pissing me off more than defenders just letting others dunk because they dont want to be postered; at least make an attempt
been crossed, not fallen, but never been dunked on

Got yanked plenty of times. It's just the nature of playing quick guards.

I have never gotten dunked on but this dude almost took my life. I tipped the ball with my pinky and ring finger and fell over with my eyes closed. :lol:

Dunkin on someone is one of the greatest feelings in the world tho.

Back in the days if you dare came in the hole, you would get snuffed. Gotta Earn those free throws. Things have changed, for the better though. Don't know bout all this flopping though..

me and my boy have discussed this several times.

A hard dunk on is damn near two levels under getting punched; it's almost like dude is punishing you and cursing you out in his head.

getting shook to the floor makes it seem as if you are totally uncapable of controlling your body. Like you need a legal guardian. Another grown man just sent you to the floor, WITHOUT even touching you :smh: almost like magic or something.

I've been "dunked on" (got caught off guard on a fast break and dude threw an alley and i turned around and saw knee caps) in front of a crowd, but I've never been crossed to the ground in front of a crowd. I'm 5'7" so getting dunked on isn't that bad, as I'm not really expected to contend, much less block a dunk.

I'd rather get dunked on. At least you get the respect of knowing that you had enough heart to contend the shot.

I'd rather get crossed and left than crossed and fall or dunked on. I saw a guy get crossed, fall, then tried to play D on his knees right in front of his bench lol. His team was like "get up!! Tf you doing!!" Lmao

Last edited:
If u cross me, you still gotta finish the play or I can always say " ***** u aint score anyway."

If u dunk on me then....... well that's it.

Back in HS we used to play ball at this church a few nights during the week. One day this girl from one of the local HS teams came and she was pretty nice. This one dude was guarding her and somewhat taking her for granted. Big mistake. She yanked him so hard dude just spilled to the ground. The game had to stop for like 15 minutes because everyone was going crazy and dude just walked out the gym and went home.

Consider the mechanics of being dunked on tho.

By the very nature of the play, the ball is dead upon completion, providing a natural pause in game action for all observers to marvel at the magnificent display of timing and athleticism. The ball might even hit you on the way down, and if asked to sign it, you probably have to.

Your opponent, now fueled by a rush of endorphins, can now stand over your likely fallen body and perform the pose of his choosing to the adulation of the crowd. He might even step over you AI-style. He can do no wrong for at least the next 2 possessions, and it'll be the talk of the town all day. It's essentially the combined appeal of a long-range jumper/fancy layup, a football sack and a spectacular ballroom entrance all rolled into one. What good can come of this? I can't imagine the devastation.

Yes, a sweet crossover pleases the crowd, but a lot of ballhandle types can't hit the broad side of a barn from the inside, so the two-part nature of that play often diffuses much of the potential embarrassment. I've never been fully yanked, but I've been left a few times in my day...then again, as a blacktop 5, that's kind of expected of me.

I cross over means you are that mans puppet and can't guard him. A dunk is worse but if he crosses you more than once you are better off getting dunked on.

Never been dunked on well I've thought about getting that charge but then stepped to the side and let him get the glory.

I've stopped someone from dunking and son was so mad lol

Never got dunked on playing ball, and I played competitively until my senior year. Dudes never caught the kid sleeping :pimp:

Closest I came to being crossed over was a few years back in AAU. 6'3 center vs a 5'8 guard didn't end well for me, ended up trying to go both ways at once and just standing there. Also got dunked on once at the YMCA. Me and some other dudes ( a couple from the school I played at and a couple from a different school in the area) were playing pickup , and dude kept trying to dunk. I blocked him the first time, second time he got me. It was like a damn mix tape, everyone was going crazy. At least i had a good game tho

2s81wti.gif

Back
Top Bottom