Ghostface says Wu album is Bull SHHH!

$*%@ is complete garbage man. The beats are hot, but don't blend with the vocals. This is like eating fries with mayo....
sick.gif

Originally Posted by KICKS OFF

big doe rehab > 8 diagrams.
Pretty much.

As much as I love the WU, this is a disappointment. There are some good tracks for sure, but overall, something just seems off. I'm not gonna say thealbum is garbage, but it sure isn't some $@+* that makes you go
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

glad to see a member puttin the fool the rza on blast.

i think they should boot his @ss out

i thought this was a decent album, the heart gently weeps was on point.

seriously the production from what i've heard so far is dope, The Heart Gently Weeps is a beautiful song

ghost said iron flag and the W were whack, iron flag was kinda weak but the W was still dope

ghost said iron flag and the W were whack, iron flag was kinda weak but the W was still dope
then homie is deaf. the w is awesome. look, rza experimented with a new sound on that record, and it still came out dope. on this record, not somuch.

laugh.gif
smh.gif

idk why ghost and rae buggin like that. they prolly expected some monumental crazy type shh from rza. i think they expectin too much from the man. dude canonly deliver what he does best and that's producin with the style he's famous for...idk bout yall but i love the album

then homie is deaf. the w is awesome. look, rza experimented with a new sound on that record, and it still came out dope. on this record, not so much.
Yea, Ghost been dead on the Wu for a minute. The W is solid by Wu standards (exceptional by others standards). Iron Flag is................ Notgood. Thanks Tone & Poke.
Ghost is simply done with the Wu. Even though his two best albums have been produced under Wu supervision. I can't call it. If he thinks he can do betterelsewhere, so be it.
Wu emcees loose their mystique without RZA production. Simple as that. They become regular rap dudes to me. BDR is a well put together album with good lyrics(that puts you ahead of the game in today's day & age), but you loose strips in my mind. It's just not the same. Ghost was flames on 36, Cuban, Ironman, Forever, SC, The W. Everything else he spits on is just a reminder of what COULD be.

^thank you... ghostface need to start taking his own advice.. hes exactly like the smart dumb ninjas he always talking bout.
laugh.gif

i think his relationship with rza is effecting his judgement of the music. cause he is nowhere near as dope as he is when he spits on a rza instrumental. himand rae are taking rza for granted. its a damn shame. the rza is the heart of the wutang. period.
ghost's ego is finally getting too big for the group. rae is just dumb.

no rza no wu.

RZA is da reason they wutang even have a martial arts swagga...imagine if that was taken off....
frown.gif
embarassed.gif
they would've been 9-10 bumass rappers washed up yeaaaaaaaaars ago.

RZA was always known to change things really late in da process of making da album...so ghostface, i love you B, but respect RZA as da genius he is.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

RZA is da reason they wutang even have a martial arts swagga...imagine if that was taken off....
frown.gif
embarassed.gif
they would've been 9-10 bumass rappers washed up yeaaaaaaaaars ago.

RZA was always known to change things really late in da process of making da album...so ghostface, i love you B, but respect RZA as da genius he is.
I think you're reaching a bit saying they'd be bums without the RZA. I mean, regardless of the "martial arts swagga", I'm prettysure Raekwon, Meth, GZA, Ghost, and Deck would still be SOLID artists without the RZA. I can't say the same for U-God, Dirty(he'd make headlines fordifferent reasons) and Masta Killa(although highly slept on).

I can definitely see where they may not have the same mystique, but I've heard all these dudes shine over production other than the RZA's. Skills areskills. And honestly, as much as I love the RZA, dude HAS been on some bull for quite some time now. He'll crank out some ill %$%! here and there, butit's usually followed up by some nonsense. It seems he's always trying to switch up the formula. I can understand that to a point, because who wantsto do the same thing all the time. But if it isn't broke, why fix it? And if you must switch it up, save that %$%! for YOUR personal albums/projects,because I'm pretty sure most WU fans don't want some experimental sounding album. I know I don't. Hell, at this point, Bronze Nazareth andMathematics make better "RZA-esque" beats than the RZA himself. Those are the dudes keeping up the traditional Wu-Tang sound.

I agree that these cats sort of lose some luster when the production isn't kept in-house. That said, they also sometimes suffer from the poor productionby the RZA. Anyone who can't admit to that is a d-rider and stuck in the 90's. Let's be honest with ourselves here.

I can definitely see where they may not have the same mystique, but I've heard all these dudes shine over production other than the RZA's.
yeah but it still isnt as dope as rza's production. he has "it". thats why hes the rza

Bronze Nazareth and Mathematics make better "RZA-esque" beats than the RZA himself. Those are the dudes keeping up the traditional Wu-Tang sound.
that doesnt make anysense at all... and there is no traditional wutang sound. the wutang sound is whatever says it is.
nazareth and mathematics are cool. but rza's production on 8 diagrams is crazy.
the only people that are complaining are rae and ghost.
production on 8 diagrams is much better than ghosts....and the album is better too.
i think maybe you have just grown to dislike rza's sound.
because I'm pretty sure most WU fans don't want some experimental sounding album
i really dont see how this album is so experimental.
innovative yes....rza is taking the old boom bap qualities and fusing them with todays sound and bringing new shhh to the game.
the ghost album is a good album. but there is nothing new or innovative about it. in a couple of months these songs will be forgotten like more fish andfishscale.
really...his album sounds like a mixtape sprinkled with some album cuts. thats the difference rza makes.

That said, they also sometimes suffer from the poor production by the RZA. Anyone who can't admit to that is a d-rider and stuck in the 90's. Let's be honest with ourselves here.

so because people like rza's production theyre **** riders?
are you that shollow minded (im being serious which is rare)....? or is it that you just have grown to dislike the rza?
its funny how you say people are stuck in the 90's yet you want the wutang to have the same sound that theyve had from the 90's...you are clearycontradicting yourself.

Originally Posted by Buddha JAPE

I can definitely see where they may not have the same mystique, but I've heard all these dudes shine over production other than the RZA's.
yeah but it still isnt as dope as rza's production. he has "it". thats why hes the rza

Bronze Nazareth and Mathematics make better "RZA-esque" beats than the RZA himself. Those are the dudes keeping up the traditional Wu-Tang sound.
that doesnt make anysense at all... and there is no traditional wutang sound. the wutang sound is whatever says it is.
nazareth and mathematics are cool. but rza's production on 8 diagrams is crazy.
the only people that are complaining are rae and ghost.
production on 8 diagrams is much better than ghosts....and the album is better too.
i think maybe you have just grown to dislike rza's sound.
because I'm pretty sure most WU fans don't want some experimental sounding album
i really dont see how this album is so experimental.
innovative yes....rza is taking the old boom bap qualities and fusing them with todays sound and bringing new shhh to the game.
the ghost album is a good album. but there is nothing new or innovative about it. in a couple of months these songs will be forgotten like more fish and fishscale.
really...his album sounds like a mixtape sprinkled with some album cuts. thats the difference rza makes.

That said, they also sometimes suffer from the poor production by the RZA. Anyone who can't admit to that is a d-rider and stuck in the 90's. Let's be honest with ourselves here.

so because people like rza's production theyre **** riders?
are you that shollow minded (im being serious which is rare)....? or is it that you just have grown to dislike the rza?

The question is, does the RZA have "it" anymore? Like I said, you'll see flashes of "it" here and there, and then you get hit withsome bull. Is it a coincidence that most of the recent WU solo albums have little RZA production? Were the members like "Hey RZA, I want you to producemy entire album", and he declined? Doubt it. Those dudes were probably fed up with what was going on with him, too. Or they wanted to branch out, whichleaves the question "why?".

No traditional Wu-Tang sound? Cmon now. There's a reason the later group albums have gotten less-than-stellar reviews. The %@+% just didn't soundright, after hearing the masterpieces dude put together initially. I mean, sure, a producer can do whatever the hell he wants under the name RZA/Wu-Tang. Soyeah, in that sense whatever he does could techinically be considered a Wu-Tang sound. But I think you know what I'm getting at. As far as the productionargument goes, that's a personal preference. I'm not saying the production on 8 Diagrams is horrible, because it isn't. But it leaves much to bedesired, in my opinion. Knowing the kind of albums this dude is capable of assembling + hearing the rave reviews this album got, and then hearing it = a hugeletdown.

As far as being new and innovative, I can't say I agree with that. Different sounding than what one would expect from the RZA on a group album that wasexpected to be their triumphant return? Yes. Innovative? In my opinion, no.

And as far as my comment about d-riders, read it again. I never said if you like the RZA, you're a rider. If that was true, I'd be talking aboutmyself. I said if you can't admit that at times, he has hurt the Wu-Tang with his production, you're in love with dude. Trust that I've been afan from jumpstreet. But I'm not so blinded by my fanaticism that I can't call a spade a spade. The dude isn't this heavenly entity that so manydiehard fans make him out to be. Like anyone, he's produced some garbage tracks and the Wu-Tang mystique has suffered from it. That was my point.

i still think hes dope and i think he killed 8 diagrams.
also its funny casue rza already produced cuban links 2

Ghostface is like Floyd Mayweather's dad after the De La Hoya fight, he's just saying what he is saying because his relationship with the other is notwhat he expects/think it should be so he is lashing out.

I haven't heard 8 diagrams as a matter of fact the last Wu album I listened to was Forever.

I've heard songs from their albums after that, but I never bought any of them.

It is hard to have a 8 group act get along with each other, especially 8 urban hood (no racist or sterotyping) dudes.

Most of the dudes in my hood grew up with each other and they ended up beefing with each other over money or b1tches. All of those confrontations were physicalsome way way way more than others. So I know how it is man, as years go on people change, some for better and some for worse.

this is the reason it took 6 years for a new wu tang album. why i love ghost, no%$$%%.

funniest thing about 8 diagrams is da best song is da 4th chamber (da unreleased ODB track) da gritty sound quality and all
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom