Gilbert Arenas to return Saturday

Gilbert
pimp.gif
. Arguably the best perimeter guard in the league when healthy. His J is smooth

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Will Bynum + Talent + Full Court Pressure + Gil = Marbury #2
Fixed.

Anyways.....this is just a ploy by Abe and Co. to get people to come out and watch the team. With the Caps doing so well in the Verizon Center, the Wizardshave almost become forgotten. You almost get more people coming out to see the opposition than the home team. I've stated my feelings on Gil, but in thiscase I just wish he wouldn't play at all this year and come back next season as close to 100% as he can. He came back too early last year, and not onlykilled some of the chemistry, but injured himself even more. Hopefully, the Wizards will get that #1 pick and add Blake Griffin to the roster.

*Off subject...do any Wizards fans think Antawn Jamison would be opposed to moving to the 3 for next year (assuming we get Blake Griffin)? Would a line up of:

1- Gil
2- Caron
3- Jamison
4- Griffin
5- Todd

work? I've stated before, that I think that even if we draft Griffin there is no guarantee he would start. For whatever the reason, the FO has a fixationon keeping the lineup virtually the same...so this is what I think the opening day lineup will look for the 09-10 season:

1- Gil
2- DeSuck
3- Caron
4- Jamison
5- Todd

Bench:

McGee
Griffin/Rubio/Thabeet
Young
McGuire
Blatche
Critt
Thomas

*I think Songaila will be moved...

DoubleJs07 wrote:

*Off subject...do any Wizards fans think Antawn Jamison would be opposed to moving to the 3 for next year (assuming we get Blake Griffin)? Would a line up of:

Are there any 3's in the league that he would be able to guard and not be a total liability on defense?

Originally Posted by grittyman20

DoubleJs07 wrote:

Are there any 3's in the league that he would be able to guard and not be a total liability on defense?

You could have Jamison guarding a 50 year old man at the Y, and he'd still be a liability on D....the thing is, he has SO much pull/respect inthe organization, that they won't move him out of the starting lineup unless he says so. If the Wizards draft Griffin, he has to be in the startingline-up...there's no question about it...however it's all about where Jamison is going to play. Caron has played some at the 2 this year, so Idon't know if that would be such a stretch to move him there full-time...Jamison is the wild-card....

Glad he's back. Personally, I think it would be better to rest him for the rest of the year, but on the other hand, it'll be good to see him playingagain.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

This clown has been out the entire season for the most part and is still talking like somebody is or should be interested in what he has to say, SMH. I hope Wizards lose by 30 points or more that game and hopefully Lebron dunks right in his face while laughing at Deshawn Stevenson on the bench.
and on the way down i hope lebron rolls his ankle so bad this foot falls off.

This reminds me of Celtics fans banking on Oden...ya'll know damn well they ain't gettin the first pick. Some random %@+ team ALWAYS ends up with the1st pick...and never the trashiest of teams like everyone assumes. I bet Wizards fan haven't even began to fathom picking in the 3-5 range because there isNOBODY that would help that team out substantially outside of Griffin and they won't get much back trading the pick in this weak of a draft.

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

This reminds me of Celtics fans banking on Oden...ya'll know damn well they ain't gettin the first pick. Some random %@+ team ALWAYS ends up with the 1st pick...and never the trashiest of teams like everyone assumes. I bet Wizards fan haven't even began to fathom picking in the 3-5 range because there is NOBODY that would help that team out substantially outside of Griffin and they won't get much back trading the pick in this weak of a draft.
laugh.gif
you're right...everyone EXPECTS to get that #1 pick....it could be like that year the C's had 2 chances to get the #1 pick in 97'(Duncan), but ended up w. both Billups and Mercer....which led Pitino to have this remark later in that season:

laugh.gif

seriously....

If the Wizards get any pick aside from #1, they need to trade that w. the quickness.....

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

This reminds me of Celtics fans banking on Oden...ya'll know damn well they ain't gettin the first pick. Some random %@+ team ALWAYS ends up with the 1st pick...and never the trashiest of teams like everyone assumes. I bet Wizards fan haven't even began to fathom picking in the 3-5 range because there is NOBODY that would help that team out substantially outside of Griffin and they won't get much back trading the pick in this weak of a draft.
Yeah, but it worked out ok for the Celts NOT getting Oden.
nerd.gif

Maybe the Wiz get their Ray Allen and KG.

Whatever pick thats not #1 they get to the Clippers for Zach Randolph and the Clippers pick if it's lower than the Wizards pick?

the wiz aint getting the #1 pick... we ended up with the #2 pick last year... where in the hell did chicago come from last year... same thing can happen

Back
Top Bottom