Give some healthy tips.

If I eat fast food, I try to go for Chicken, fish, or turkey if they serve it.

I don't eat as much white rice as I used to.

I filll my water canteen(40oz) at least twice a day and that's my consumption goal.

If I go to subway, I usually get the salad version of the sandwich I like.

I try to go for dark chocolate over milk chocolate.

I often choose green tea over coffee, at least half of the time.

Two boiled eggs if I get hungry in the late night.

Share some tips, maybe it can help the next man/woman....I'm eager to learn some new healthy habit.

Honestly, you still may end up clogging your arteries with all of that flesh consumption. Heart disease is the #1 killer of men. If you want to stack the odds heavily in your favor, go for a plant-based diet. You won't clog your arteries with beans. Avoid coconut oil though, which is high in saturated fat, and is not heart healthy. I suppose tiny amounts are ok if you really like it. Oils in general provide little nutrition, it's just pure fat. Get your fats from whole foods like nuts, seeds and avocados. I haven't been eating very healthy over the past year but I'm gonna get back at it in '19. I already know the cheat code.

Eat for only 8 hours a day and fast for 16. You save money by eating less while losing weight

Try to move as much as possible. Cut out all sweet drinks whether it is pop, juice or even juice that has been blended with fruits. Limit fruits to 1 or 2 a day, and only between meals and on an empty stomach. Drink lots and lots of water. The only drinks a healthy man should be comsuming is water and black coffee.

I drink at least 1.8L of water a day

I avoid sugars as much as possible

I take the recommended medications by my doctor because heart disease runs in my family

Vegetables should be consumed with every meal. Fats help you absorb the nutrients in the veggies so always eat with a healthy fat like olive oil, coconut oil or avocado oil, or walnuts and an avocado on the side. There are benefits to consuming different colored veggies so try to have greens and another veggie of a different color. Also consume a lean protein like chicken or beef or fish. Avoid anything fried in vegetable oil.

Your diet should be almost all whole foods. Look the ingredients on the back. If there is only 1 ingredient, then that is what you are looking for. Protein shakes have tonnes of ingredients so keep that in mind.

Organic everything, leafy green vegetables, organic fruit, healthy fats like avocados, eat food with omega 3s or supplement. .Drink a ton of water and cut caffeine and sugar out of your diet

No high fructose syrup, no artificial sugar. Hit the gym. Lift and do cardio. No fast food man that stuff is terrible for you. Have a cheat meal per week and you'll appreciate how good all that junk food tastes lol. Taco bell is 10/10 on my cheat days

Last edited:
Strength train 3 or 4 times a week. Ensure you are hitting every major muscle group before the end of the week. Focus on compound movements instead of isolation exercises. Get 1 or 2 days of cardio in but like i posted earlier, try to move your body as much as possible throughout the day. Learn to exercise as many body parts from home. This will be very beneficial once you become extremely busy with the taking care of your children and family duties. Also it sets a great example for your kids to follow and lays the foundation of health and fitness for your future generations.

Training is a solo endeavour. Learn to workout by yourself and not be dependant on anyone else to keep you in shape. Understand that others are more likely to pull you in the opposite direction. That goes for your nutrition as well. Learn to cook your own meals and be accountable for everything that goes into your body. Do not depend on your wife or girlfriend to make you healthy foods or even cook your children healthy meals. Be the force of change within your own family.

Diets are gonna be dependent on person. Not all of em work the same way.

Keto (high fat, med protein, low/zero carb) was amazing for me, I dropped like 30 pounds in 3 months with a very avg amount of exercise. I felt great during it too.

Diets are gonna be dependent on person. Not all of em work the same way.

Keto (high fat, med protein, low/zero carb) was amazing for me, I dropped like 30 pounds in 3 months with a very avg amount of exercise. I felt great during it too.

Damn, I feel hella hungry if I cut out carbs. I'll try that for a week and see how my body reacts. I feel better after dropping candy out of my diet too for dark chocolate and almonds or eating dried/fresh fruit

For every workout in the gym, have an alternative that can be done at home or even outdoors. The gym will not always be available or convenient even if it is only 5 minutes away. IMO everyone should have a few keys pieces of equipment to workout with at home. Dumbells are a must. The Perfect Pushup tool is clutch. Lebert Eqalizer bars are clutch. Suspension trainers like the TRX are clutch. Pullups can be done outside on monkey bars, above a backyard swingset or even at the top of a staircase. A backpack full or books or a suitcase full of clothes can be used to build strength. Dips can be done using chairs or using the countertops that intersect at 90 degrees. What I am stressing is that there is absolutely no valid excuse to not workout. The only exception is being injured, and even then injuries can almost always be worked around.

Damn, I feel hella hungry if I cut out carbs. I'll try that for a week and see how my body reacts. I feel better after dropping candy out of my diet too for dark chocolate and almonds or eating dried/fresh fruit

I sorta did my keto in steps.

I started off just switching to the diet without counting calories. It does go away and eventually I started doing the macros and it was pretty easy. Felt full a lot of the times. At the end of the day, it's calories in vs calories out.

It's hard, no doubt tho. Fruit is basically like candy.

Evidence for this?

Sounds very, "Black Pepper is bad for your prostate" type of statement

https://www.muscleforlife.com/brown-rice-vs-white-rice/

TLDR:

While it’s true that brown rice contains more nutrients, the difference is rather negligible to begin with and becomes even more so when you factor in the antinutrients.

While it’s true that brown rice is lower on the glycemic index, it’s not that much lower, and the glycemic index is small beer anyway in the grand scheme of being fit and healthy.

Honestly - forget about ALL of this. People that eat super healthy die all the time.

-Eat a reasonable portion size
-Move your body daily

That’s it. Unless your goals are aesthetic or performance for sports there is nothing else you need to do to live a long healthy life, as determined by your genetics.

The anxiety and stress from overplanning your life is as bad for you as any gains you’ll get. Loneliness is what kills people. If you truly want a healthy life find things and communities that interest you and become firmly rooted in them (church, education, etc)

Back
Top Bottom