Give some healthy tips.

Honestly - forget about ALL of this. People that eat super healthy die all the time.

-Eat a reasonable portion size
-Move your body daily

This is so true yet i surprisingly followed by a small percentage of people. They tend to overeat and never take walks and then they wonder why they're gaining weight. Also I'd just add how important it is to cut down on any sodas and fruit juices.

i eat mostly healthy foods but I also eat a lot of junk food. sometimes the ratio of health/junk food skew one way depending on different circumstances. i used to be into that bodybuilding phase and i would kill myself constantly by that "super healthy bodybuidling diet", now IDGAF. as long i as maintain a healthy balance and move a lot, which I do, then I should be gucci.

I only eat fast food/junk food and casual dine-in food. I do exercise a good amount. I don’t really eat vegetables either unless it’s cooked in a soup or something. Hopefully my body is ok.

The following can't hurt:
Exercise
Don't drink soda
Eat more fruits and vegetables
Don't smoke cigarettes
Consume less alcohol

Skinless fried chicken?

I just made some chicken chicharrones the other day at home. :pimp:

Stay hydrated. Ive noticed my focus skyrocket once I made it a point to get the recommended 8 glasses a day.

To that poster that got all emo about my advice - disregard it if it has that much impact on you.

Some of us have a different belief system on how to live life in a healthy way.

I have a simple belief - your mind controls a lot lot lot more physical manifestations of how your body feels than anything else.

The same way some people with a herniated disk they don’t know about have no back pain. And some people with minor issues have excruciating back pain. Pain, satiated, illness - our mind response system controls a lot of what happens with our body.

That’s why I think that eating healthy food without first creating a healthy relationship to the mentality of eating is like running before walking. A non obsessive mentality / lack of perfectionism is important to develop as the anxiety or pressure we put on ourselves to do something correctly can counteract or negate any positive physical changes. It’s why almost every study shows that when people think they are on a “diet” it never works long term.

To that poster that got all emo about my advice - disregard it if it has that much impact on you.

Some of us have a different belief system on how to live life in a healthy way.

I have a simple belief - your mind controls a lot lot lot more physical manifestations of how your body feels than anything else.

The same way some people with a herniated disk they don’t know about have no back pain. And some people with minor issues have excruciating back pain. Pain, satiated, illness - our mind response system controls a lot of what happens with our body.

I see what you're saying, but if you are hampered by certain condition, disease, or sickness, I don't give a damn how strong-willed you are, a lot of times you have to address it with either medical assistance or some sort of therapy. You can apply that to afflictions such as diabetes, high-blood pressure, anemia, acid reflux, etc. Medical, Dietary, and lifestyle changes are absolutely required to treat or control these afflictions and a simple mindset change will have little effect in these situations. Also, a good(well-balanced) diet is a good preventative measure to avoid developing anything in the future. I do agree with your overall idea, a diet has to be a balancing act and I personally refuse to completely give on food that I really enjoy(shakes, pizza, burgers, chinese, junk, etc.), I just eat it moderately and I "ween" myself off of food that I completely want to drop. But, sometimes people can just change up their habits(diet) in a whim and not be bothered by it, just like folks who go cold-turkey when it comes to cigarettes and alcohol. It all depends on the individual.

I see what you're saying, but if you are hampered by certain condition, disease, or sickness, I don't give a damn how strong-willed you are, a lot of times you have to address it with either medical assistance or some sort of therapy. You can apply that to afflictions such as diabetes, high-blood pressure, anemia, acid reflux, etc. Medical, Dietary, and lifestyle changes are absolutely required to treat or control these afflictions and a simple mindset change will have little effect in these situations. Also, a good(well-balanced) diet is a good preventative measure to avoid developing anything in the future. I do agree with your overall idea, a diet has to be a balancing act and I personally refuse to completely give on food that I really enjoy(shakes, pizza, burgers, chinese, junk, etc.), I just eat it moderately and I "ween" myself off of food that I completely want to drop. But, sometimes people can just change up their habits(diet) in a whim and not be bothered by it, just like folks who go cold-turkey when it comes to cigarettes and alcohol. It all depends on the individual.

This, it's a rather simplistic view ignoring a lot of factors. Sounds almost youtuby.

I feel him though.

I make most my meals, eat a bunch of veggies and what not but I’m not obsessing over it. I eat fried chicken all the time and grits with a ton of butter in them etc.

Eating good to me doesn’t mean eating light. I smash 4K calories a day, day after day for years. I also lift heavy and don’t work a desk job.

You gotta eat to your lifestyle and set realistic goals.

People on a “diet” are gonna fail. Just fix what you eat/do so you don’t have to diet.

if you work in front of a computer all day or drive all day as a driver/truck driver, lubricate your eyes with drops.

Dry eyes can cause your eyes to get red af.

or if you're exposed to UV rays/sun all day, wear sunglasses.

I feel him though.

I make most my meals, eat a bunch of veggies and what not but I’m not obsessing over it. I eat fried chicken all the time and grits with a ton of butter in them etc.

Eating good to me doesn’t mean eating light. I smash 4K calories a day, day after day for years. I also lift heavy and don’t work a desk job.

You gotta eat to your lifestyle and set realistic goals.

People on a “diet” are gonna fail. Just fix what you eat/do so you don’t have to diet.

My only issue with his comment was how he presented the quest for healthiness automatically leading to stress/anxiety. Automatic is the keyword here.

And just because someone is striving for healthiness doesn't mean they will never pig oit and/or eat junk.

It was just a wild assumption, as if balance can't also be present in the lives of those that care very much about what they consume .

I am still waiting on the studies that support the claim.

if you work in front of a computer all day or drive all day as a driver/truck driver, lubricate your eyes with drops.

Dry eyes can cause your eyes to get red af.

or if you're exposed to UV rays/sun all day, wear sunglasses.

I drive a truck and am in the sun all day. :lol: best of both worlds. Sometimes I feel like I rubbed my eyes in sand.

And yeah sunblock is key. You don’t wanna be that dude running around sunburnt.

Back
Top Bottom