Giving Tip for Delivery?

I'm gonna start not going my job or doing a sub maximal job all the time on purpose
Lets just say I came into the restaurant and you thought I wouldn't tip or would tip poorly and you had my table what should I expect????

****** service then he'd complain because you gave him a ****** service commensurate tip and add you to his database

I'm gonna start not going my job or doing a sub maximal job all the time on purpose
****** service then he'd complain because you gave him a ****** service commensurate tip and add you to his database

What is his version of giving bad service is what I want to know. Like I order and he just refuses to bring the food? What exactly is it?

What is his version of giving bad service is what I want to know. Like I order and he just refuses to bring the food? What exactly is it?
AKsuited explained earlier that you basically become the lowest priority behind the people that tip better. 

I'm one of the best servers at my restaurant. If i wasn't I wouldn't AVERAGE 20% nor would I get the stations I want or the set schedule I have. Son is in here trying to make sense of being a poor customer and explain away his sense of entitlement to the same
Most here such as me and others are saying we dont want vip service just serve what we paid for

Truthfully i never had bad service

Went to the bar last night biught a draft for 1.75 paid with $2 left her the quarter

Lets just say I came into the restaurant and you thought I wouldn't tip or would tip poorly and you had my table what should I expect????

The cycle is sick.

Has anyone ever tipped for something besides food and scrippers

Yes,

my couriers (USPS, UPS & FedEx),

&

my weed guy(s)
:eek UPS dudes take tips?!? :lol

I wonder if they can get fired for that? I know they've told a few wild tales about ppl they delivered too but unless they delivered a piano in a box and brought in to their home I can't see how they'd just accept a tip like that. Seems ****** up.

Last edited:
Am I supposed to tip my barista when I go to starbucks?

Am I supposed to tip the cook who put in the work to make sure my food tastes good, or only the person to carries it from the counter to my table?

Am I supposed to tip the UPS, FedEx, or USPS delivery person when they put paper in my mailbox, or give me a package?

Am I supposed to tip the person at footlocker who checked to see if they had my size shoe and brought it back to me?

How does a culture pick and choose who gets wages above and beyond what their employer picks?

Am I cheap because I didn't tip the sales associate at best buy for getting me a monitor off a shelf and swiping my debit card?
Cmon man I know you aren't this ignorant.

That's another part of their flawed argument. It's based mostly on repeat customers. They assume no or bad tip, give bad service, and if they actually get a really good tip they can't make up for their subpar service unless the person comes back but given they gave bad service off their assumption chances are they won't get a good tip creating the self fulfilling prophecy.

The cycle is sick.

I wonder if they can get fired for that? I know they've told a few wild tales about ppl they delivered too but unless they delivered a piano in a box and brought in to their home I can't see how they'd just accept a tip like that. Seems ****** up.

They probably can get fired, but I do it with couriers I've built a rapport with. I've had a dude decline the tip though.

I wouldn't get 'em in trouble and they know that. I let 'em know I appreciate them making sure I get my product intact.

Last edited:
The cycle is sick.

They probably can get fired, but I do it with couriers I've built a rapport with. I've had a dude decline the tip though.

I wouldn't get 'em in trouble and they know that. I let 'em know I appreciate them making sure I get my product intact.

Are you trying to say you get your herb in the mail?...

I've tipped some of the mail carriers around my way who would go the extra mile for me.

When something's shipped with delivery confirmation, all they really need to do is dump it off by the doorstep or leave it in the mailbox and its technically no longer their responsibility.

Its many times, I've walked around a neighborhood and just seen a big package lying on someone's doorstep. If someone's grimey they can easily snatch it up.

My regular mail carrier will either knock on the door so that I or someone in my house will receive the package, contact me when he starts the route which passes by my block, I can go to the block he's currently on and pick my package up, I got his number and he held a bunch of packages I had when I was out of town for a few weeks for me since no one was home and I didn't want to risk leaving a bunch of expensive stuff with the neighbors. Little things like that I appreciate especially when I have alot of packages coming regularly. Ill hold him down with gift cards, a bottle around the holiday season, or throw a $20 to have the piece of mind knowing I can depend on him to go the extra mile with my stuff, especially when I'm out of town for long stretches of time.

Are you trying to say you get your herb in the mail?...

Hell naw, never that.

Just kicks, clothes, random crap.

But I mean if I drop a pretty penny on eBay or something, I like knowing that my items are safe.

Last edited:
Most of what you are saying isn't even tipping you are bribing people to put their job on the line and break the rules.... How are the other people waiting suppose to know it protocol to offer money to not have to wait? And then what if everyone attempted to bribe her? You all would have to show up and bid on who could be seated next....
It's their fault if they don't know that tipping will get you a lot of things you want faster. What if everyone attempted to bribe her? That's like a fantasy world breh, it just won't happen. Otherwise, it already would have. I mean yeah, we'd all have to bid on who would be seated next, in this fantasy world...but this is the real world. I was one of the very few that tipped her, so I got sat right away. Same thing happens at my restaurant. They are very strict about hosts not accepting tips, except from us waiters because we have to tip them. But when a guest is able to slide that 10 or 20 over to the coordinating host, their wait goes from an hour down to 5 minutes.

Also the car wash dude that wipes down your ride after the wash. I see who is working on my car and I walk up and tip him BEFORE he starts. Most people give 1-3 dollars after he's done. I walk up and give 6. My car gets DETAILED way better than if I hadn't tipped upfront. Works. Every. Time. I'd rather pay a total of 24 and get my car CLEANED all the way perfect than pay 21 and get the "whatever" service. I HATE leaving the car wash, only to have to finish wiping down the inside the way I really like it.

Bike shop. I have a high end freeride/all mountain mountain bike. I go to the same shop every time to get service. They know I tip. A lot of people tip. My bike gets put in front of everyone else's bike EVERY time. Instead of "It'll be ready on Thursday.".....It goes "Come back at 3:00". He'll even fix my bike while I wait if I really need something done before a ride. He also does extras almost every time. Last time I went in to get my wheels trued (a common, frequent upkeep riders always need done), he told me that my derailer cables were getting a little old, he replaced them...for free. He also cleaned and lubed my chain, and cleaned and lubed my derailleur. I usually tip 10 bucks, or a six pack of some nice beer.

Supercuts. Yes...I get my hair cut at Supercuts. My cut is super easy but I still like it done right which is hard at Supercuts because they are pressured to get you in and out of the chair as fast as possible. I go to the same girl every time. I tip 10 dollars on 17 every time. I never get that typical crappy Supercuts job. She takes her time and gets it just right. 

The flower shop. When I pick out whatever I want, and the girl starts to add baby's breathe or whatever fillers...I tip her 3-5 dollars before she starts. She makes that ish look CRAZY when it's done. Straight adding flowers to it that I didn't pay for. Instead of 20, I'm paying 25, but that bouquet looks RIDICULOUS when she's done, in a good way. Way way better than if I hadn't tipped at all.

Enough scenarios yet? I have more. The sandwich spot, the burrito spot. Chinese delivery. Home Depot. Party City. The pet groomer spot. The starter at the golf course (all I gave him was 10 bucks and the wait went from 2 hours down to 20 minutes. It was the difference between gettin all 18 holes in or otherwise it would have been dark by around the 14th hole). You'd be surprised at how much more people will give and do for you for just a little more on your end. Sometimes it makes other customers wait a tad longer, but then again....they didn't tip.

I've tipped some of the mail carriers around my way who would go the extra mile for me.

When something's shipped with delivery confirmation, all they really need to do is dump it off by the doorstep or leave it in the mailbox and its technically no longer their responsibility.

Its many times, I've walked around a neighborhood and just seen a big package lying on someone's doorstep. If someone's grimey they can easily snatch it up.

My regular mail carrier will either knock on the door so that I or someone in my house will receive the package, contact me when he starts the route which passes by my block, I can go to the block he's currently on and pick my package up, I got his number and he held a bunch of packages I had when I was out of town for a few weeks for me since no one was home and I didn't want to risk leaving a bunch of expensive stuff with the neighbors. Little things like that I appreciate especially when I have alot of packages coming regularly. Ill hold him down with gift cards, a bottle around the holiday season, or throw a $20 to have the piece of mind knowing I can depend on him to go the extra mile with my stuff, especially when I'm out of town for long stretches of time.
I'll be honest....never thought to tip the mai carrier. That's got a lot of potential now that you explain it like that. I hate coming home late from work hoping that my shoes are still on my doorstep.

That's another part of their flawed argument. It's based mostly on repeat customers. They assume no or bad tip, give bad service, and if they actually get a really good tip they can't make up for their subpar service unless the person comes back but given they gave bad service off their assumption chances are they won't get a good tip creating the self fulfilling prophecy.
True...it's based mostly on repeat customers. MOSTLY. So...yeah...sometimes the joke is on me. I give great service, then get that 0-10% (which is why we remember them). But then again, there are often a LOT of clues that customers unknowingly give away that let the server know that they are bad tippers. I won't reveal what those are...but yeah...the consistency is pretty uncanny. Also, in most full service nicer restaurants, a large part of the clientele are repeat customers and regulars. We remember the big tippers, and the bad ones. I will repeat this though....the servers won't eff with your food. It literally almost never happens. I've actually never seen that happen except for just once...

This younger couple came in and sat in another server's (Austin) station. Austin told me that he recognized him from a party a week ago...same hat and everything. This customer and his friends were picking on a blacked out (I mean...can't talk, can't walk, can't sit up...defenseless) drunk dude at the party. It escalated to where they started slapping the dude. Then they started hitting him. Then the kid in the hat right hooked him HARD, then kicked him in the back of the head. That's when people intervened and broke it up. Poor dude wasn't even trying to fight back or talk back (he coulnd't). Austin said it was the most cowardly effed up ish he's ever seen. He was so heated when the kid was in his station but he didn't even say anything to him about it. But when his food was ready....he did some foul **** to his mashed potatoes. It was juvenile as hell, but it was the only thing he could do to dude without jeopardizing his job. Literally, the only time I've ever seen or heard of a waiter messing with the food.

I see that tipping has gotten y'all with that women sense of entitlement.
"I deserve it because everyone else gives it to me"
Smh I tip what I feel like I want to usually 10%
Don't like it, get a better job
I see that while tipping only 10% you still with that women sense of entitlement.

"I deserve the same service as all these other people while only tipping half as much"

Smh I serve at whatever level I want to, and for you...it's 10% type of service.

Don't like it? Give a better tip

I see that while tipping only 10% you still with that women sense of entitlement.
"I deserve the same service as all these other people while only tipping half as much"
Smh I serve at whatever level I want to, and for you...it's 10% type of service.
Don't like it? Give a better tip

I never said this.
As a server you have to bring my food, bring my drink, and the bill. I can careless about extra bread or a free drink, any extra I want I simply pay for.
I don't want that "phony" only being nice because you want extra money from me service that others get.
Bring me the basics and get lost so me and my girl can eat....

Back
Top Bottom