Glenn Beck.

George Bush went to Yale, we all saw how credible he was...

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

A bit different though. GWB was legacy. He carried a C average in High School.

Enpahn i agree with you in many ways here though:

as for Bill, he didnt go TO harvard, he went to the JFK school of government when happens to be on HARVARDS campus

The kennedy school of gov is part of harvard. Its just named after the kennedy family, if you graduate from there your degree IS from havard.
Its like sc johnson business school at cornell or kellogg at northwestern. Its named after someone who gave a lot of money to the school.

i see the difference in education and its large, but does that mean one should be trusted more? i hate to say it but your no better than the crazies who listen to beck with this argument.
Maddow/olberman etc are just as manipulative as the others, beck just comes out of no where. You are one side of an argument. We can point to plenty of republicans who have ivy educations.

Enpahn i agree with you in many ways here though:

as for Bill, he didnt go TO harvard, he went to the JFK school of government when happens to be on HARVARDS campus

The kennedy school of gov is part of harvard. Its just named after the kennedy family, if you graduate from there your degree IS from havard.
Its like sc johnson business school at cornell or kellogg at northwestern. Its named after someone who gave a lot of money to the school.

i see the difference in education and its large, but does that mean one should be trusted more? i hate to say it but your no better than the crazies who listen to beck with this argument.
Maddow/olberman etc are just as manipulative as the others, beck just comes out of no where. You are one side of an argument. We can point to plenty of republicans who have ivy educations.

Originally Posted by Essential1

Olbermann got fired for a behind the scenes pissing match with executive.. Exactly the same reason he got fired from ESPN..

It really had nothing to do with ratings... If that were the case everyone else on the channel would have been canned first..

Furthermore, a liberal station will never... I repeat NEVER have as good ratings as a Conservative station will during prime time..

The reason is that the demographics are different (young vs. old) (Who is more likely to watch prime time news? Older people) Hence why Olbermann and Maddow win the young demo but get absolutely crushed in the Older demo... What will people from 18-50 watch nightly.. Sitcoms or Political Commentary?? You guessed it... Sitcoms..

It is not like Conservatives outnumber Liberal 6 to 1 in this country (or 3 to 1, or even 2 to 1 for that matter)... It is that liberals who tend to be younger would rather watch something else especially from 8pm - 10pm.. If it were the other way around and Conservatives were the young ideology, they'd get their @#!#$ whooped in ratings every night..

Who knows if the current youth vote changes that or not in 20-30 years....
Glen Beck's target audience is uneducated as well.

Watch Olbermann's show and Beck's show from an objective standpoint and just listen to the vocabulary both of the guys use.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Essential1

Olbermann got fired for a behind the scenes pissing match with executive.. Exactly the same reason he got fired from ESPN..

It really had nothing to do with ratings... If that were the case everyone else on the channel would have been canned first..

Furthermore, a liberal station will never... I repeat NEVER have as good ratings as a Conservative station will during prime time..

The reason is that the demographics are different (young vs. old) (Who is more likely to watch prime time news? Older people) Hence why Olbermann and Maddow win the young demo but get absolutely crushed in the Older demo... What will people from 18-50 watch nightly.. Sitcoms or Political Commentary?? You guessed it... Sitcoms..

It is not like Conservatives outnumber Liberal 6 to 1 in this country (or 3 to 1, or even 2 to 1 for that matter)... It is that liberals who tend to be younger would rather watch something else especially from 8pm - 10pm.. If it were the other way around and Conservatives were the young ideology, they'd get their @#!#$ whooped in ratings every night..

Who knows if the current youth vote changes that or not in 20-30 years....
Glen Beck's target audience is uneducated as well.

Watch Olbermann's show and Beck's show from an objective standpoint and just listen to the vocabulary both of the guys use.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by lobotomybeats

According to enphan if you have a phd or went to an Ivy League school you are more credible.

According to enphan if you have a phd or went to an Ivy League school you are more credible.

In general, if someone get's into an Ivy League because of their father's legacy and goes on to have a C average, the perception is going to be that the person didn't really belong there. 

But I'm sure you guys want to argue so ignore what I posted and carry on. 

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

cool? you dont have any REAL comment?

Glenn Beck is such an idiot. He is so dumb. He is really dumb. For real. 
Olbermann and that other person is sooo gosh darn smart. Clearly this means Liberals> Conservatives. Those right wing pricks should all go back and get their GEDs again
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

cool? you dont have any REAL comment?

Glenn Beck is such an idiot. He is so dumb. He is really dumb. For real. 
Olbermann and that other person is sooo gosh darn smart. Clearly this means Liberals> Conservatives. Those right wing pricks should all go back and get their GEDs again
30t6p3b.gif

In general, if someone get's into an Ivy League because of their father's legacy and goes on to have a C average, the perception is going to be that the person didn't really belong there. 

Originally Posted by cguy610

Ok, Obama went to Columbia and Yale, he has been real successful....Want to make an excuse for him also?

Ok, Obama went to Columbia and Yale, he has been real successful....Want to make an excuse for him also?

Ya, his excuse is that he isn't a dumb conservative, right-winged idiot. Thats how he is so successful!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Ya, his excuse is that he isn't a dumb conservative, right-winged idiot. Thats how he is so successful!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Yup, he has totally turned everything around. Good to see he got us universal health care like he had been promising. Oh wait...

Maybe I should add some smoking emoticons to make my statement seem cooler.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Yup, he has totally turned everything around. Good to see he got us universal health care like he had been promising. Oh wait...

Maybe I should add some smoking emoticons to make my statement seem cooler.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I agree that Glenn Beck is a moron, but it has nothing to do with his education level. Olbermann's rants are equally disturbing. Just because one person is educated doesnt make them smart, just like a person who isn't educated isnt automatically dumb. It doesnt work that way. I know plenty of stupid people who graduated college. I know alot of smart people who didnt. 

No. 

I agree that Glenn Beck is a moron, but it has nothing to do with his education level. Olbermann's rants are equally disturbing. Just because one person is educated doesnt make them smart, just like a person who isn't educated isnt automatically dumb. It doesnt work that way. I know plenty of stupid people who graduated college. I know alot of smart people who didnt. 

No. 

Originally Posted by BwooDFolkGD74

No. 
Yes.

Originally Posted by BwooDFolkGD74

No. 
Yes.

Back
Top Bottom