Glued Soles

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought some cardinal 7s from a friend of mine. The shoes started squeaking the second time I wore them, I tried the baby powder but the soles are glued inside the shoes so I can't put baby powder under the soles. How can I remove the glued soles without messing the shoes up?

I did the baby powder method on my squeeky 10s, And I just carefully pulled the sole out. It was glued but not indestructable. Just give it a good pull. I cant even think of a worst case scenerio, just do it.

Sidenote : this belongs in sneaker maintenance.

I did the baby powder method on my squeeky 10s, And I just carefully pulled the sole out. It was glued but not indestructable. Just give it a good pull. I cant even think of a worst case scenerio, just do it.

Sidenote : this belongs in sneaker maintenance.
Sorry I didn't know where that section was at. I'm new here, although I knew about the site itself from my uncle for about 4 years I jsut never created an account until now. Thanks, so should I buy some new soles for the shoes or just reuse the current ones.

I just slip em back in, pulling them out shouldnt do them any harm. If you want some added comfort you could pull them out and replace with some gel insoles or something. But the originals are fine as is once unglued.

I just slip em back in, pulling them out shouldnt do them any harm. If you want some added comfort you could pull them out and replace with some gel insoles or something. But the originals are fine as is once unglued.
My left one stopped squeaking, but my right one is still squeaking from the front double colored painted mountains.

have you tried going a half size to a full size bigger than normal and using 2 insoles? it is amazing and gives you mad comfort, i know i didnt help but thought this might be helpfull for future reference

have you tried going a half size to a full size bigger than normal and using 2 insoles? it is amazing and gives you mad comfort, i know i didnt help but thought this might be helpfull for future reference
Yes the 7s are size 11 and I wear 10.5. I'm just trying to get rid of the squeaking in the right shoe atm. Thanks though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom