Go to the official '09-'10 New York Knicks season thread, this thread will be locked soon

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

I'm not going to say anything but listen to what he says at the end.
embarassed.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

now I wonder if he's been listening to that Jay-z song as well (empire state of mind)
laugh.gif
(yes that is marbury dancing to Jay-z in times square)

http://www.youtube.com/v/bgxAdkqPq5M&hl=en&fs=1&http://www.youtube.com/v/bgxAdkqPq5M&hl=en&fs=1& http://www.youtube.com/v/bgxAdkqPq5M&hl=en&fs=1&http://www.youtube.com/v/bgxAdkqPq5M&hl=en&fs=1&

This dude.
laugh.gif

BangDak wrote:
i mean he only has one more year, it shouldnt be that hard to move him optimistically thinking.

son, this fat piece of @$@% got an injury that doesn't even happen to basketball players! He can't even walk without getting hurt. I'mdone having a shred of hope as far as the curry situation goes.

Do I actually wish death upon him? of course not, at the end of the day it's just a game. But i bet most of you would go to sleep just fine if that was theway he came off the books.

[h1]Douglas making point to D'Antoni[/h1]
By MARC BERMAN

Last Updated: 10:23 AM, October 2, 2009

Posted: 2:36 AM, October 2, 2009

SARATOGA SPRINGS -- When the Las Vegas summer league was over in July, coach MikeD'Antoni did not think he had his backup point guard for 2009-2010.

Rookie Toney Douglas, whom the Knicks drafted 29th after buying the Lakers' pick for $3 million, struggled in Vegas, shooting just 27.5 percent and notrunning the team to the coach's satisfaction. The Knicks went winless and D'Antoni went point-guard shopping.

"That's why we brought in every point guard that came through New York to work out," D'Antoni said.

In early August, Douglas began working out at the Knicks facility with a determined ferocity. Through three days of training camp at Skidmore College,D'Antoni is ready to pencil him in as Chris Duhon's backup.

"I got in early and became a workaholic," Douglas said. "I stayed in the gym with the coaches shooting, worked the weight room. I made sureevery aspect of my game got better."

The Knicks worked out Jason Williams, whom they felt was a step slow, and interviewedJamaal Tinsley, whom they deemed as too much baggage. They pursued Ramon Sessions as apotential starter, but didn't want to eat up any cap room for 2010.

D'Antoni said he is glad Douglas is working out.

"He didn't have a good summer league, and it was a quick judgment and maybe made a mistake on," D'Antoni said. "He's a lot betterthan I thought. He might have ran out of steam at the end of the week, and I judged him on that not being ready. Give him credit though. I showed him things hehad to work on and he did."

The irony is Douglas, out of Florida State, is expected to be in the rotation but their lottery pick, No. 8, Jordan Hill, is not.

"He makes the simple pass now," D'Antoni said. "Defensively I knew he had great instincts. I didn't know if he could make the simplepass and keep the flow up. He's shown signs of learning real quick."

The ACC Defensive Player of the Year isn't short on confidence.

"I feel like I can take on that role being the back-[up] point guard," Douglas said. "I knew coming in I was going to have a much bettertraining camp. You just have confidence."

D'Antoni said he is hoping to limit Duhon's minutes to about 35 minutes per game tops, feeling he will be more effective. Duhon didn't have atrue backup last season once D'Antoni decided Stephon Marbury wasn't going to play and wore down.

"It's only practice. It's when the lights come on," Duhon said. "But I have confidence he'll be able to do it. He's willingto learn. In Vegas, he tried to do too much. We won't miss a beat with him coming in."

With Nate Robinson having more of a shooting-guard mentality, D'Antoni said he envisions Douglas and Robinson playing together in a lightning-quickalignment.

"They're an intriguing tandem," D'Antoni said. "Together they can create havoc on the other team. They're so fast anddynamic."

Eddy Curry returned to Saratoga last night after undergoing a blood drainage procedure on his torn plantaris muscle and was hobbling around in a walkingboot. Curry might practice Tuesday. The plantaris muscle is not found in 60 percent of the population.

"I feel special. It's my kind of luck sometimes," Curry said.

His ability to practice depends on managing the pain.

Early last night James Dolan arrived to watch practice and did not talk to reporters.

douglas is gonna get it together.he's gonna get going soon.we re-upped on guards this year didn't we?pruitt,sun,and douglas.

Originally Posted by DubA169

BangDak wrote:
i mean he only has one more year, it shouldnt be that hard to move him optimistically thinking.
son, this fat piece of @$@% got an injury that doesn't even happen to basketball players! He can't even walk without getting hurt. I'm done having a shred of hope as far as the curry situation goes.

Do I actually wish death upon him? of course not, at the end of the day it's just a game. But i bet most of you would go to sleep just fine if that was the way he came off the books.

nah man, i wouldnt wish death upon anyone, no matter how much i hate you.
i must hate you pretty damn bad to wish that...

and how tall is douglas? a second team of douglas+nate seems quick and fun as hell to watch, but the lack of size concerns me.

Back
Top Bottom