GOAT APP legit?

Another question, does GOAT lower the seller fee to 9% from 9.5% like StockX after I sell 3 pairs?

I'm asking because I resell through a local consignment shop but I had a really bad experience with a employee.

Basically I brought in a pair of shoes I literally wore 2 times.
Said consignment store employee said it will take a long time to sell (even though I knew the market for them)
So I said I still want to list it and he said he will be interested in personally buying and giving me cash for it.

I said ok and he low balls me 50% below my asking.
I go back and forth and settle on a price because I was familiar with the employee.

I go back the next day and he is short by $20 and I start to give him crap because I already was selling it WAYYY below market value
and he goes onto say that he has power to sell ones in the shop if things are priced the same.

I feel like thats a threat because I have lots shoes in the shop and it seems like he will not sell mine first if someone happen to try to get the same shoes.

I hesitantly do the deal but I lost all respect for the said consignment shop and the employee.
Dealt with them for YEARS but I felt like I was blackmailed and now I want to start selling in these apps.

Seriously, if you have a bad feeling in your gut I'd advise you to go with your instincts and find another outlet for your shoes.
As a long time customer you should be treated much better and the crap they pulled would be a deal breaker for me.
The handwriting is on the wall and it says Shady.

I have never sold a pair at a consignment shop because none of them could answer this question for me which was:

"In the unlikely event of a fire or burglary at the shop and the shoes are a loss, do you provide full replacement value insurance coverage for my shoes?"

Not one of the 4 shops I called a few years back would answer this. The reason I asked this was due to an experience my friend had who consigned 4 pairs at a local shop that was burglarized. No need to get into all the details but the shop had no coverage for customer shoes and my buddy took the loss. Some speculated it was an inside job. Nonetheless, it's just something to be aware of and consider if you sell through a consignment shop.

Last edited:
maybe no insertion fee but again, could be something new but I sell a lot on eBay and best one I received which was new to me was 30% off final value fee for three items if listed and sold within 7 days

unless you're new and some kind of promo for 1 item, I've never heard it. eBay
first time I've seen that and of course a promo that ends tomorrow :lol:

but either way, still risky to sell on eBay no matter the shoe. too many scum bags man :smh:

The offer that he posted has no fees period. No final value, etc.

The catch is that it's good for one item only and sellers with Ebay stores cannot use it.

You have to list the item my midnight tonight to qualify

maybe no insertion fee but again, could be something new but I sell a lot on eBay and best one I received which was new to me was 30% off final value fee for three items if listed and sold within 7 days

unless you're new and some kind of promo for 1 item, I've never heard it. eBay
first time I've seen that and of course a promo that ends tomorrow :lol:

but either way, still risky to sell on eBay no matter the shoe. too many scum bags man :smh:

The offer that he posted has no fees period. No final value, etc.

The catch is that it's good for one item only and sellers with Ebay stores cannot use it.

You have to list the item my midnight tonight to qualify

Yea exactly. It's a limited thing which is targeted and one time.

eBay ain't giving free money to sell as much as they want :lol:

Good deal regardless even for one sale but **** eBay when selling because of scum bags who try and screw people over and get **** for free

EBay did a number on you bruh, it never stops :lol:

nah for buying its cool. I'm protected and I'm pretty good with PayPal and eBay to where if I ever got screwed by a seller I don't even sweat it.

selling via PayPal/ebay is general is just a crapshoot especially with hyped shoes. just being honest, we all see it and its really simple to do.

not gonna do into detail but anyone can do it without hesitation and get free **** :smh:

EBay did a number on you bruh, it never stops :lol:

nah for buying its cool. I'm protected and I'm pretty good with PayPal and eBay to where if I ever got screwed by a seller I don't even sweat it.

selling via PayPal/ebay is general is just a crapshoot especially with hyped shoes. just being honest, we all see it and its really simple to do.

not gonna do into detail but anyone can do it without hesitation and get free **** :smh:
I wouldn't sell or buy anything valuable/hyped on eBay either but for small stuff I haven't had a problem on either side, knock wood :lol:

Last edited:
ebay will give u free listings but u almost always have to pay their fees after the item sells. i was debating selling some shoes with their promo, but im not going to risk it. too many scammers.

It says payment verification is 24 hours. I'm going on 5 days and still nothing. I emailed and they said they just want to make sure everything checks out on buyers end. At this point I'm ready to cancel but don't want the points deducted.

It says payment verification is 24 hours. I'm going on 5 days and still nothing. I emailed and they said they just want to make sure everything checks out on buyers end. At this point I'm ready to cancel but don't want the points deducted.
That usually clears up in a few hours, I would think if you message them they would not penalize you if you cancel because that's just too long.

Last edited:
I tried emailing GOAT again. Hopefully they'll cancel the sale. Sold two pairs the same day. One got flagged for fraud and the other pair has been "pending" up til now. Payment should be verified before they place a bid.

Best thing about goat is after they complete the sale, you're not liable for returns or disputes with the buyer. That alone makes them superior to eBay by a wide margin. I use to sell on eBay consistently and I haven't sold a single shoe on eBay in almost a year since I started using goat.

when it takes multiple days for an offer to go through, usually i just delete it. havent had points deducted before. they need a better system though and the offer should automatically drop.

not gonna do into detail but anyone can do it without hesitation and get free ****
mean.gif
yup the system is broken. and it cant be fixed unless there's a middleman.

Best thing about goat is after they complete the sale, you're not liable for returns or disputes with the buyer. That alone makes them superior to eBay by a wide margin. I use to sell on eBay consistently and I haven't sold a single shoe on eBay in almost a year since I started using goat.

only reason I use them

sick of the scum bags out there. still never had a fraudulent attempt against me selling to random people but not gonna take chances anymore, its getting worse and worse

Unds ing my kyrie 2 bhms that I got for a pretty good price on the goat app... Would you guys have an issue if the size tag had mold and the goat inspection w/o them having any issue .. Just curious, I don't really care but I just though goat should have notified me

View media item 2426525

I'm fairly sure all the tags on the bhm's look like that.

Edit: yep, just saw couple of the tags on goat.

Last edited:
Done with Stockx - sent a legit pair of DS OG 750s which been sitting in the box for the past 2 years (copped via Confirmed, all star weekend with original receipt) and they have the nerve to tell me the suede is off and the box is not the same color (the box color will slightly change due to the oxidation process, yet they take mangled boxes) - they charged me 15% fee SMFH [emoji]128545[/emoji] - I am now gonna leave this shoes with Flight Club (anyone knows how much they charge to ship shoes to FCLA or NYC)

Back
Top Bottom